Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: NFL DRAFT: With 92nd pick, Rams select STEDMAN BAILEY (WR, WVU)

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Re: NFL DRAFT: With 92nd pick, Rams select wide receiver Stedman Bailey (WVU)

Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin made the general public believe Geno Smith was a top ten pick in the draft. Imagine how they will make Sam Bradford look.
    emuen, citr92 and Randart like this.

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin made the general public believe Geno Smith was a top ten pick in the draft. Imagine how they will make Sam Bradford look.
    Funny. I was just pondering that very thing. Is it possible that Geno fell into the 2nd because he had two great WR catching those wobbly passes?
    lostsoul likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I'm guessing he's Gibson's replacement. He's a good route runner there's that and his ability to make separation is another plus. Sounds like an upgrade already. Nick probably creamed his pants the moment the pick was announced.
    prof22693 likes this.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I like at about 1:45 Austin is helping him by throwing up a block Then later in the video celebrating together cant wait to see these two on the field together.
    lostsoul likes this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    You know, Nick... if you ever thought of starting a local Rams Fan Club, I think now would be the time.
    RamDez and ZiaRam like this.

Opps misread the post
    Last edited by sjacksonrules; -04-26-2013 at 10:45 PM.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Allen taken number 76

Bailey number 92
    He meant why not take Allen at 71 (where we took McDonald) and then take a S at 92.

I'm happy the way it played out. Not a fan of McDonald, but this Bailey pick I LOVE.

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    You know, Nick... if you ever thought of starting a local Rams Fan Club, I think now would be the time.
    Prior to last night's first round, I was one of only three Rams jerseys at our local Buffalo Wild Wings.

I'm guessing there will be a lot more in September.
    ZiaRam likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm sure we've taken teammates before, but ever from the same unit?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    *wears hipster glasses*

Yea I was a Rams fan before they were cool.
    Nick and ZiaRam like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    He meant why not take Allen at 71 (where we took McDonald) and then take a S at 92.

I'm happy the way it played out. Not a fan of McDonald, but this Bailey pick I LOVE.
    Ya I realized that after I hit post.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Stedman Bailey's first thought after being drafted-"Man, Im never getting out of Tavon Austin's shadow..."

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Stedman Bailey's first thought after being drafted-"Man, Im never getting out of Tavon Austin's shadow..."
    Bailey led the team in receptions, yards, and TDs. I'd say he casts his own shadow.
    RamDez likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Let's not forget... these are kids moving to a new city where they won't be living on a college campus. Having a friend there with you can't hurt.

Rambos is offline Registered User

How Rams kept building at wide receiver

By Mike Sando

The St. Louis Rams' bold move up the draft board to select Tavon Austin was not their final move for a wide receiver in the 2013 NFL draft. Stedman Bailey, chosen Friday with the 92nd overall choice, comes to St. Louis as a polished possession receiver coming off a season in which he led the nation in touchdown receptions with 25.

Bailey played with Austin at West Virginia. Scouting one of them meant scouting the other, so the Rams should have a very good feel for both players and how the two could compliment one another.

St. Louis now has a young fleet of receiving targets for quarterback Sam Bradford. Austin and Bailey join Brian Quick, Chris Givens, Austin Pettis and tight ends Jared Cook and Lance Kendricks in that regard.

The Rams selected Bailey with a pick acquired from Atlanta in the trade that allowed the Falcons to climb from 30th to 22nd in the first round. That trade was critical for the Rams, in my view, because the team had given up considerable capital in moving up eight spots to get Austin. The trade down from No. 22 recouped picks and allowed the Rams to address other needs. The trade armed St. Louis with the 30th, 92nd and 198th picks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast