Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: NFL DRAFT: With 92nd pick, Rams select STEDMAN BAILEY (WR, WVU)

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Re: NFL DRAFT: With 92nd pick, Rams select wide receiver Stedman Bailey (WVU)

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Stedman Bailey's first thought after being drafted-"Man, Im never getting out of Tavon Austin's shadow..."
    Austin isn't tall enough to cover Bailey with his shadow lol.
    ZiaRam and citr92 like this.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

1:09

I actually see him replacing Amendola referring to moving the chains on 3rd down.

Rambos is online now Registered User

STEDMAN BAILEY ‏@iamSB3 4h

My dawg made it man! I ain't even gone lie I'm in tears!!

And then......

STEDMAN BAILEY ‏@iamSB3 7m

I'm a ST. Louis RAM baby! @Tayaustin01 what they gone do with us man! Can't wait to touchdown. #RamsNation talk to me
    Nick, Varg6, lostsoul and 1 others like this.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post

1:09

Wow two guys get laid out.

These two guys are feisty.

10 lbs of stuff in a 5 lbs bag comes to mind with these two.
    lostsoul likes this.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Let's not forget... these are kids moving to a new city where they won't be living on a college campus. Having a friend there with you can't hurt.
    My thoughts EXACTLY. Good to have a friend when your leaving school and going to a completely different environment.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin made the general public believe Geno Smith was a top ten pick in the draft. Imagine how they will make Sam Bradford look.
    Word! Looks like the Jets went in the wrong direction today, Schotty has plenty of speed at WR to work with. I'm on board with Stedman Bailey keeping defenses honest with his physicality on the outside, and Tavon Austin creating mismatches across the field!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Scouting Analysis

Bailey lacks a single rare attribute but is an exceptional wide receiver prospect thanks to his attention to detail, willingness to do the little things and consistency, both as a route runner and pass catcher.

Giving effort and excelling in the blocking aspect of the wide receiver, in addition to covering kick on special teams, Bailey embodies the identity of a team player.

Bailey is more than simply a talented receiving threat. Staying engaged through whistle and playing with a base, Bailey displays excellent stalk blocking technique by reading and reacting to the defender's momentum. Sealing the defensive back to the inside or outside, Bailey works hard to give his teammates a clear running lane to attack.

Also placing great attention to detail as a route runner, Bailey attacks cornerbacks in a calculated, precise manner. Experienced and productive in running the full route tree, Bailey has taken snaps from the outside and slot receiver positions, while lining more consistently to the left side of formations.

Bailey is savvy off the line and within the route. Bending his route stems to attack leverage, step on the defensive back's toes and get defenders off balance, Bailey displays a well refined, yet instinctive skill set as a route runner. Spinning corners and stacking over the top, Bailey impresses in the vertical passing game, where he not only can get himself open but can also complete difficult receptions.

Bailey's ability to track the deep ball and extend, make him a much more lethal weapon than his 4.5 timed speed would seem to indicate. Highly productive in his final two seasons, Bailey had 37 receiving touchdowns, leading all FBS wide receivers during that span.

With his only limitations being elite timed speed or size, Bailey's ability to play big for his quarterback at the point of the catch, as well as play faster because of efficient routes, should place him in the Day 2 discussion.

Capable of playing inside or outside, in addition to being productive as both a blocker and kick coverage player, Bailey only needs to clear up character questions following an off-field citation for shoplifting. — Alex Brown, Optimum Scouting
    Nick and lostsoul like this.
    Semper Fi!

Highlights video of our Dynamic Duo

Nick likes this.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

WOW, is all I can say after watchin the highlights. No more 8 in the box that's for sure. I can see our RB's having big games with Austin, Bailey, Givens & Cook on the field.
    Aussie Dave and ZiaRam like this.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

The way this guy consistently finds the deep ball over his shoulder & adjusts is impressive.
    Nick and ZiaRam like this.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    WOW, is all I can say after watchin the highlights. No more 8 in the box that's for sure. I can see our RB's having big games with Austin, Bailey, Givens & Cook on the field.
    if only the big boy sj39 was around to take advantage of it..
    Richbert88 and ZiaRam like this.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Stedman Bailey this morning on Twitter...

@iamSB3: @BigGame81 to follow your foot steps. Is there anyway I could get in contact with you. Figured you would be a mentor for me. I need to learn
    @iamSB3: @BigGame81 all the ins and outs about St Louis and try to definitely put together an amazing career like you did.
    That's the kind of guy we're getting, Rams fans.

Man, am I pumped to be able to keep cheering these two on every weekend!
    Rambos, Richbert88, Varg6 and 5 others like this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Thats awesome Nick!!

I remember last year when the ***** drafted Jenkins and Rice said if he was interested he would run the hill with him to help him get better. I dont think Jenkins ever did it, never read he did anyway.

Now we have Bailey who is actively reaching out to one our greats so he can get better. I call this a big win!!! Already loving this pick more and more.
    Nick and ZiaRam like this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Best part about these WR picks is it's basically telling Quick: We aren't waiting for you. He's either going to step up and compete or keep sitting on the bench. I love it. Fill the roster with weapons and let them fight it out for time on the field.

Also, this Bailey kid remind anyone else of Hines Ward a little bit or am I losing it?
    ZiaRam likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast