Thread: NFL DTs

39thebeast is offline Registered User

NFL DTs

The top 4-3 DTs in the league are Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Tommie Harris, Albert Haynesworth, Domata Peko, and Jonathan Babineux. Could you guess how those top guys rank in Tackles For loss (Penetration) if we through Clifton Ryan on that list

1. Johnathan Babineux 10
    2. Clifton Ryan/Tommie Harris 8
    3. Pat Williams 6
    4. Kevin Williams/ Tony Brown 4
    5. Albert Haynesworth 2
    6. Domata Peko 1

Ryan isn't on the same level as a pass rusher, but to me he is one of the most underrated run defenders in the league. Just like how Pickett was one of the most underrated run defenders when he was here. Behind the bad run stats there are good players. Case in point who has heard of Kyle Williams of Buffalo? No other DT had more TFLs (11) and only Kevin Williams and Jonathan Babineux had had more sacks, but Buffalo's run defense is worse than ours. Ryan is an RFA for now, but we can't make the same mistake twice keep this guy in town.

thermobee is offline Registered User

Re: NFL DTs

Job well done my friend. I love Ryan and I think he is a great player that can help us move into the future.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Good point on Clifton, he definitely needs to be brought back. We will have to give him a first round tender to scare teams off because they would only have to give up a fifth rounder if we dont give him a high tender.

We definitely dont want to do what we did with Ryan Pickett because we were too cheap to sign a good player.

Also, Long and Ryan played well at times last year, and i think if you put Suh on that line we have the makings of a very good, young line

TheRammer Guest

Hopefully we wont' be cheap because of the ownership situation and bring back some of our great defenders to continue the build..

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i dont need convincing with Clifton..he`s always been a decent player for us but has got better with each year..he`s also a good guy and great team mate.
    we simply gotta keep him.