Molotov is offline Registered User

The NFL East Media Sucks

So now, for the next 7 days, we'll get 24 hour updates on the post-Phillips Cowboys. I don't even have to put on ESPN or NFL Network to know that's what they are covering. Never mind that you and I both knew the Cowboys were a mediocre team going into the season. Please don't tell me I'm the only one that saw this coming. Who are these great Cowboy players everyone is talking about? Seriously, four or five Cowboys could start for the Rams. Are the "experts" really surprised the Cowboys are still looking for their 2nd win? Jim Thomas included.

But none of this mattered. They are the Cowboys. Now Fox has declared the Cowboy-Giant game "America's Game of the Week" or some crap like that. What a joke. The Ram - Niner game will be better, and is also far more important. But why should the networks pass on a chance to ram NFC East crappolla down our throats one more week? Better yet, we get the Eagles and Redskins on Monday night. I think I'll watch Dancing With the Stars.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: The NFL East Media Sucks

I think in the case of Dallas, it's not so much specific individual players as quality across the board. Romo's not the best QB in the league, but in theory good enough. At runningback, they've got Marion Barber, Felix Jones, and Tashard Choice. At receiver, Roy Williams, Miles Austin, and Dez Bryant. And don't forget Jason Witten at tight end.

On defense, they allowed the 2nd fewest points in the league last season. Standouts include DeMarcus Ware and Terence Newman among others, but the point is that this is a balanced team on paper. In theory, a team that has good depth, an accurate and mobile quarterback, and a solid defense should be hard to stop. They never seem to be able to live up to the hype, though.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by molotov
    I think I'll watch Dancing With the Stars.
    Oh son......I get your frustration, but that's no reason to throw your life away.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

they have some great skill position talent, but they are a perfect example of why you build your team from the inside out. the o-line is awful and it doesn't get much better on the d-line.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov View Post
    So now, for the next 7 days, we'll get 24 hour updates on the post-Phillips Cowboys. I don't even have to put on ESPN or NFL Network to know that's what they are covering. Never mind that you and I both knew the Cowboys were a mediocre team going into the season. Please don't tell me I'm the only one that saw this coming. Who are these great Cowboy players everyone is talking about? Seriously, four or five Cowboys could start for the Rams. Are the "experts" really surprised the Cowboys are still looking for their 2nd win? Jim Thomas included.

But none of this mattered. They are the Cowboys. Now Fox has declared the Cowboy-Giant game "America's Game of the Week" or some crap like that. What a joke. The Ram - Niner game will be better, and is also far more important. But why should the networks pass on a chance to ram NFC East crappolla down our throats one more week? Better yet, we get the Eagles and Redskins on Monday night. I think I'll watch Dancing With the Stars.
    We'll also now get to hear about Garrett's progress each and every week! Hooray!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

This week, on the Fox NFL Pregame Show, we'll sit down with Sam Bradford, the rookie sensation for the St. Louis Rams...

"So, Sam... what do you think of the Cowboys coaching situation?"

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov View Post
    I think I'll watch Dancing With the Stars.
    At least you'll get to watch a real QB in action.

KURT WARNER!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    This week, on the Fox NFL Pregame Show, we'll sit down with Sam Bradford, the rookie sensation for the St. Louis Rams...

This definitely deserves reps!!!! Unfortunately I need to spread them around.

LOL!!!!!

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

Seriously,,,,,,Ill be watching.....LOL

DeaconJ is offline Registered User

When the owner of an NFL team also has an ownership stake in the NFL Network, everyone hears about that particular team. The other so-called sports news outlets simply re-chew and regurgitate the same tripe. I found it amusing that early in the season the Cowgirls had their very own link on the NFL home page. Not the link at the top of the page, but a separate one on the side. Now it's gone.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I have NFL Game rewind thru nfl.com. Did you know that when you search for Rams games, all that pops up are Cowboys games? It's been like this since preseason and it bugs the crap outta me. If Spags was coaching the Cowboys, they'd have 5 or 6 wins at this point. They have the talent, but no motivation. Their coach treated them like premadonnas and that's what they're playing like.
    Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -11-10-2010 at 05:31 PM.