bruce4life is offline Registered User

nfl live ranks qb tandems...

and ranks bulger and frerotte as the best qb tandem in the league... if one goes down the other can come right in and play... they also noted that bulger's career stats are very similiar to peyton manning's.... bulger has better total accuracy with 64.4% while manning has 64% and bulger has a career 270.6 yards per game compared to 260 yards of mannings... VERY INTERESTING

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Re: nfl live ranks qb tandems...

i saw that too, very interesting. Top rated qb combo, 2 highest rated WR corp, and if BL turns out well we could move up in terms of top RBs....

lets hope we get that run-defense together

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: NFL Live ranks QB tandems...

Good to know! :r I never would have thought about that NFL rating.

This could be Bulger's finest year but if necessary, let's say in case the Rams are leading by a BIG margin in the 4th Qtr. (rather than thinking injury to Marc), then we may see Gus pour in some good and successful playing time in a few games.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Is it just me or is the Rams as whole getting a lot more media attention? I know theres a lot of "pundits" out there spewing out their annual Card and Fortyniner crap, but i've noticed STL is getting a lot more coverage than in recent years. Could this be the year we rise to the top of the NFC West? Could very well be... this is going to easily the best team we've fielded since 2001, and i for one believe it's time we began another dominative era atop the NFC West!

Here's to 2007 & 2008!

Rambos is offline Registered User

bulger has better total accuracy with 64.4% while manning has 64% and bulger has a career 270.6 yards per game compared to 260 yards of mannings... VERY INTERESTING
    Yeah but did you catch how they really down played Marc. WE ARE N0T SAYING HE'S (Bulger) IS PEYTON. And then they compair the numbers. Hmm I have to ask why not? Marc should be compaired to Peyton more often when HIS NUMBERS ARE BETTER!!!!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Peyton Manning is in a lot of commercials, he gets a lot of air time, and he has a brother who also plays QB in the NFL. He is special.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

The best is still to come for Bulger. P Manning has had an outstanding line blocking for him year in and year out, which gives him a lot more time to read the defensive coverage than Marc. Now that are own O-line is really taking shape (as well as our new offensive weapons, Bennett, Leonard, McMichael) look for his numbers to really start to ad up. Hopefully this success will translate into wins and a NFC championship appearance.
    Last edited by mikhal5569; -05-24-2007 at 11:21 PM.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Very nice stats...

I'd also think Warner/Leinart had to be up on the list. Leinart is still a little shaky, but showed huge potential. I feel Warner still has some in the tank and can take over if Leinart gets hurt.

I bet Philly would have been #1 if Garcia had stayed in Philly.

blood85 is offline Registered User

I saw that, On ESPN. Glad to see our Rams are getting some "run". I also liked of how it was Mentioned that Bulger is the most Underrated QB in the league. Something we Ram fans have known for a long time. Now let's go out and win it all.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Peyton Manning is in a lot of commercials, he gets a lot of air time, and he has a brother who also plays QB in the NFL. He is special.
    rite on the money UB. I wonder how Tom Brady feels. The Guy has three rings and Manning's still the poster boy.Sure Bulgers not Manning...he's better and the numbers prove that point but, a division championship and a nice fat SB bling will surely seel the deal

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

QBs that have those Super Bowl rings do get a lot more credit and recognition than those that don't have them. Sometimes the player rankings remind me of American Idiol selections. It is not always about talent.

I don't think that Tom Brady cares about his QB ranking. I think he just cares about all those SB wins. Brady seems to be more of a team guy to me. More SB wins does not mean that he is the better QB either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MartialRAM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    and ranks bulger and frerotte as the best qb tandem in the league... if one goes down the other can come right in and play... they also noted that bulger's career stats are very similiar to peyton manning's.... bulger has better total accuracy with 64.4% while manning has 64% and bulger has a career 270.6 yards per game compared to 260 yards of mannings... VERY INTERESTING
    Not to bring up the past...ah why not...I brought up the Manning vs Bulger stats when we still have the Warner/Bulger controversy. The only reason I bring it up was because at the time I got slammed by nearly everyone on this board for even mentioning Bulger and Manning in the same breath.

So, now I can say...Told ya so!!!

:P

MR

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Everyonje is talking about out top two at certain positions being near the top in the league.
    QB Bulger & Frerotte
    WR Holt & Bruce
    RB Jackson & Leonard (Potentially)

Lets not forget the potential of out TE's.
    McMichael & Klopfenstein

ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Everyonje is talking about out top two at certain positions being near the top in the league.
    QB Bulger & Frerotte
    WR Holt & Bruce
    RB Jackson & Leonard (Potentially)

Lets not forget the potential of out TE's.
    McMichael & Klopfenstein
    NFL Live had the top RB tandems and listed Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson in the top 5 so i dont see why Jackson/Leonard cannot be considered other than the fact that Jackson is far and away our showcase back while Taylor/Peterson will more likely be splitting carries.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MartialRAM View Post
    Not to bring up the past...ah why not...I brought up the Manning vs Bulger stats when we still have the Warner/Bulger controversy. The only reason I bring it up was because at the time I got slammed by nearly everyone on this board for even mentioning Bulger and Manning in the same breath.

So, now I can say...Told ya so!!!

:P

MR
    First let me say I bleed the "Blue & Gold". As a matter of fact each time the Rams have changed their uniform colors ("White & Blue, Blue & White, Blue & Yellow etc.") I was the first person in line for the blood transfusion.

All the personal statistic comparisons are fun and I'm not trying to take anything away from Marc Bulger but for me the bottom line comes down to Wins and Losses.

Marc Bulger is our leader there's no doubt about that. The supporting cast card can be used for sure. However Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in my mind are not only their respective team leaders they are field GENERALS. They're are GENERALS whether the other players on their teams like it or not.