throwback week

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

NFL network game of the Week

We just finished watching this hour-long re-cap of the week 17 game. I did notice a few things, this being the second viewing and all, that I really would like to point out, and invite your analysis.
    First, the host did not trash Martz. On the contrary, I heard several compliments, and some actual praise. It was pointed out that his record does speak volumes. Nice to hear positive talk.
    Second...the O line. Can someone tell me why I thought Sapiaia did an adequate job? He looked like he was easy to bluff, and was taken in by the bait too often. All those sacks in that game made me cringe. How did Bulger survive all those hits? Speaking of Bulger...other than a few rushed passes, the boy looked good. Even the slow-mo of his passes showed his accuracy and distance much improved over the 2003 season.
    Third...the D. During a few plays, these guys looked like a brick wall. Solid as a rock. Next play, they had more holes in them than swiss cheese. Pisa had some good tackles. Little was almost invisible. Fisher looked a little weak. Archuletta - dropped interception. OK, we had injuries. Our guys were undersized. That doesn't explain it all. Two or three outstanding players can't make up for the other 8 or 9 not playing at a professional level. Be glad the FA and draft addressed our defense...we needed it.
    Lastly...Special Teams. Do I really need to say anything?
    It seems as though, once again, our offense has proven it's value. Seeing the game repeat, even in highlight only format, showed me just how potent the offense can be. Curtis, Manu, Holt, Jackson....wow. Give Bulger that right side protection, a few more seconds, and we can really watch these guys go all the way if our defense picks up and our special teams step up to the plate.

If you saw the game, highlights, or both, opinions and analyses are welcome.

DJRamFan Guest

Re: NFL network game of the Week

Today July 8 there is a back to back Rams feature. 2004 Rams and then Game of the Week against the Jets.

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Yup, I had the chance to watch the game of the week two times already and the 2004 Rams special. (Great job by NFL Films). Anyways, upon observing the play of the o-line, I do have to say Sapiaia did get me a little, well...

Also, I always knew Bulger was underrated but just as RamsFamily stated, when seeing some of those deep passes in slow- mo, it really showed how good of a QB he really is. Can't say much more or I'll be cuttin and pasting what RamsFamily wrote. One more note. NFL Network will be showing the Rams and Seahags playoff game from last year as their game of the week. It will be shown on Wednesday at 9ET. (Don't quote me on this...)

GO RAMS!!!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

NFL Network will be showing the Rams and Seahags playoff game from last year as their game of the week. It will be shown on Wednesday at 9ET. (Don't quote me on this...)
    I have to start recording this. Every time I check the NFL Network, they have the same shows over and over.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

KurtWarner2005MVP Guest

let's just hope they don't repay the ram-falcons playoff game.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by KurtWarner2005MVP
    let's just hope they don't repay the ram-falcons playoff game.
    I really wouldn't want to see this either...

KurtWarner2005MVP Guest

I pretend that game never happened. The Rams couldn't possibly play that bad could they? I like to remember things as the win in Seattle and then Martz had a press conference saying that we think we'll have a better shot next year at the super bow so they let the Falcons advance so they could rest up the injured players from when they didn't have to deal with the unfair astroturf.

Also in my version of how things happen, the Rams beat Philadephia in the nfc title game and then New England in the Super Bowl. REVENGE!!!