NFL preview capsule: Rams at *****
    By The Associated Press

ST. LOUIS (4-4) At SAN FRANCISCO (2-6)

Sunday, 4:15 p.m., FOX

OPENING LINE—***** by 5 1/2

RECORD VS. SPREAD—St. Louis 6-2; San Francisco 4-4

SERIES RECORD—Rams lead 60-59-2

LAST MEETING—***** beat Rams 28-6, Jan. 3, 2010

LAST WEEK—Rams had bye (beat Panthers 20-10 in Week 8); ***** had bye (beat Broncos 24-16 in London in Week 8)

RAMS OFFENSE—OVERALL (27), RUSH (17), PASS (24)

RAMS DEFENSE—OVERALL (10), RUSH (8), PASS (16)

***** OFFENSE—OVERALL (22), RUSH (21), PASS (17T)

***** DEFENSE—OVERALL (16), RUSH (10), PASS (20)

STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES—***** have won last four meetings since St. Louis’ 13-9 victory in 2007, outscoring Rams 115-38 during that stretch. San Francisco won 35-0 at home last season. … Niners’ 28-6 win at St. Louis to end last season snapped six-game road losing streak after San Francisco won 2009 season opener at Arizona—and kept Rams winless at home. ***** scored three touchdowns in final 7 1/2 minutes and TE Vernon Davis tied Antonio Gates’ NFL record for TD receptions by tight end with 13th of the season. … This time around, Rams on top of division and consider themselves right in mix for division’s top spot—not that coach Steve Spagnuolo is letting players think much about being in first place. … ***** have recorded 36 takeaways in last 15 home games, tied for third most in NFL for teams playing at home. … San Francisco RB Frank Gore needs 194 yards from scrimmage to move past RB Joe Perry (8,624) and into fourth place on ***** all-time yards from scrimmage list. … San Francisco has won two of three following 0-5 start, including beating Broncos in London on Oct. 31. … St. Louis is contender right now in mediocre NFC West after San Francisco was popular pick to win division before season began. … Rams rookie QB Sam Bradford, among midseason front-runners for Offensive Rookie of Year, has thrown five touchdown passes with no interceptions over last three games. … Opposing quarterbacks have only thrown nine TDs against ***** in San Francisco’s last 15 home games at Candlestick Park. … Rams WR Danario Alexander, rehabbing from fifth operation on left knee, ruled out for Sunday. … St. Louis 0-3 on road, losing two of those—at Oakland and at Tampa Bay—by combined three points. Sounds a lot like San Francisco with all of its narrow defeats.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: NFL Preview Capsule: Rams at *****

RAMS DEFENSE—OVERALL (10), RUSH (8), PASS (16)
    Top ten defense just sounds so great. Who would of thought? This game is most likely going to be determined by what that top 10 D does.

JustinHasAnAxe is offline Registered User

Surprised to see the ***** ranked higher than us in passing offense. Maybe I shouldn't be... but I am.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHasAnAxe View Post
    Surprised to see the ***** ranked higher than us in passing offense. Maybe I shouldn't be... but I am.
    This stat surprised me as well.

As far as the Whiners beating us last season and so on. That was a very different RAMS team. This new 2010 edition is headed in the right direction and the Whiners better be ready.

GO RAMS!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Top ten defense just sounds so great. Who would of thought? This game is most likely going to be determined by what that top 10 D does.
    I had posted before the season started that they we would see at least top 15 defense but they even did better than what I had forseen.

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    I had posted before the season started that they we would see at least top 15 defense but they even did better than what I had forseen.
    Yeah, even a top 15 defense would be impressive after ranking 29th and 28th the last two years. Although the season is still only half over and we're going to face some teams that can rack up yards, top 10 is amazing IMO, and I think we'll be able to sustain it as this defense is most likely only going to get better.

It will be interesting to see how the defense handles a QB that can wreak havoc with his legs this Sunday. If the Rams can contain Troy Smith, who played pretty well against Denver, I think it will be a strong indicator of how good they really are.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Yeah, even a top 15 defense would be impressive after ranking 29th and 28th the last two years. Although the season is still only half over and we're going to face some teams that can rack up yards, top 10 is amazing IMO, and I think we'll be able to sustain it as this defense is most likely only going to get better.

It will be interesting to see how the defense handles a QB that can wreak havoc with his legs this Sunday. If the Rams can contain Troy Smith, who played pretty well against Denver, I think it will be a strong indicator of how good they really are.
    I found the actual post I made in june

I wanna make a bold perdicition this year, I wanna say the rams are top ten defense this year. Ok granted some stuff has to go right. Including the offense being in the top 20 and the main people stay healthy. I saw a mass improvement on the field from their defense last year. Our numbers would of been a heck of a lot better if the offense could do something. With it being the second year in the system I think we will click this year. Anyone else wanna join on this bandwagon I know I am probally a lone man in this but I have major confidence in the rams this year all around on offense and defense.

So now if the offense can step it up and the defense maintain the prediction will come true.

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    I found the actual post I made in june

I wanna make a bold perdicition this year, I wanna say the rams are top ten defense this year. Ok granted some stuff has to go right. Including the offense being in the top 20 and the main people stay healthy. I saw a mass improvement on the field from their defense last year. Our numbers would of been a heck of a lot better if the offense could do something. With it being the second year in the system I think we will click this year. Anyone else wanna join on this bandwagon I know I am probally a lone man in this but I have major confidence in the rams this year all around on offense and defense.

So now if the offense can step it up and the defense maintain the prediction will come true.
    You sold yourself short and actually predicted a top 10 D. With the offense and defense both improving every week, I think your prediction is safe.