LA Rammer is offline Registered User

NFL Rankings on Yahoo

11. St. Louis Rams (4-3) Merriman manipulated the system to make sure he played against the Rams, a foe better equipped to beat the Chargers than the team now at the back end of his suspension the Raiders. The Rams have a legitimate complaint to file with the NFL now that he's dropped his appeal. By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports

What the heck is he talkin about complaint?

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

playboy37 is offline Registered User

Re: NFL Rankings on Yahoo

lol, I dont know how he was allowed to play!!

ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    11. St. Louis Rams (4-3) Merriman manipulated the system to make sure he played against the Rams, a foe better equipped to beat the Chargers than the team now at the back end of his suspension the Raiders. The Rams have a legitimate complaint to file with the NFL now that he's dropped his appeal. By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports

What the heck is he talkin about complaint?
    Chargers Schedule:

Rams
    Browns
    Bengals
    Broncos
    Raiders

What he is saying is that Merriman never had any intention of a legitimate appeal. If he doesnt file for an appeal then he misses the Rams, Browns, Bengals and Broncos. Since he did appeal (and then drop it) he now misses the Browns, Bengals, Broncos and Raiders games.

So he manipulated the system so that he could be on the field against the tougher opponent. Rams instead of Raiders.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

What is done is done, who cares! It always works out that way, our disadvantage. I'm glad he played against us, it showed up what we need to work on and doesn't give us any great sense of superiority. Still a win wouldn't have been bad.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

bruce4life is online now Registered User

ya it was a crock on how this whole merriman appeal worked out

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Well, atleast teams know we're dangerous lol. For someone on roids he's smart! lol, but in all seriousness, it was smart to do that, and he figured he'd play against the toughest team, and then drop the appeal. He pretty much cheated, and the NFL to me becomes a laughing stock. The system can be manipulated so easily, its pathetic.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Well, atleast teams know we're dangerous lol. For someone on roids he's smart! lol, but in all seriousness, it was smart to do that, and he figured he'd play against the toughest team, and then drop the appeal. He pretty much cheated, and the NFL to me becomes a laughing stock. The system can be manipulated so easily, its pathetic.
    Believe me the whole NFL already knew about the dangerous Rams offense. We didn't need Merrimans manipulation to prove it.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

So our power ranking is now 11 by Yahoo. Wasn't it 7 last week?

Merriman made his presence known for us. Hope he has a nice time riding the bench.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

That's a nice write-up by Robinson, that's pretty much how I felt also. He used the system to his and his team's advantage. You have to feel a little cheated seeing him running around out there beefed up on whatever he's been taking, and then drop the appeal afterwards.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I figured the appeal was so he could pick which games he missed. One thing that really disgusted me about the whole affair was how the announcers made Merriman out to be a saint. There they were talking about how he was an example to all the other football players out there because you could supposedly get banned for taking over-the-counter substances. You know, like how sometimes you go get a bottle of aspirin at the drug store, but it's laced with cocaine; it must happen all the time. Then they go on to say how it is so unfair that he won't be allowed to have contact with the team and how the NFL really needs to reassess that part of their policy. Yeah, I think they do need to reassess their policy, like maybe making the ban 16 games instead of 4.

So Merriman says he's "almost a victim of the policy," the announcers run with it, and we're all supposed to pretend that somehow some illegal steroids got slipped into just Merriman's latest batch of some heretofore unnamed supplement. Poor, poor Shawne. What a farce.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

:l
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I figured the appeal was so he could pick which games he missed. One thing that really disgusted me about the whole affair was how the announcers made Merriman out to be a saint. There they were talking about how he was an example to all the other football players out there because you could supposedly get banned for taking over-the-counter substances. You know, like how sometimes you go get a bottle of aspirin at the drug store, but it's laced with cocaine; it must happen all the time. Then they go on to say how it is so unfair that he won't be allowed to have contact with the team and how the NFL really needs to reassess that part of their policy. Yeah, I think they do need to reassess their policy, like maybe making the ban 16 games instead of 4.

So Merriman says he's "almost a victim of the policy," the announcers run with it, and we're all supposed to pretend that somehow some illegal steroids got slipped into just Merriman's latest batch of some heretofore unnamed supplement. Poor, poor Shawne. What a farce.
    Anyone who did NOT see this coming can raise their hands... hmmm just as I thought, no hands raised.

This is a very comon occurence, especially in baseball. If one has to sit, choose a part of the schedule which hurts the team the least.

The NFL has to anticipate these things and if they are going to issure a supsension there needs to be a system in place to avoid the manipulation.

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l