Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

NFL ticket in england-help please from over the pond

To all our rambros in england, scotland and other parts of europe, can you guys get the nfl ticket on direct tv to allow you to see all of the rams games live?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rip32 Guest

Re: NFL ticket in england-help please from over the pond

We dont have direct tv over here we get two live games on Sky Sports on sunday and the the monday night game on channel 5

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

You know "GC" their should something we could about that Like record the game and put it on the clan site ???
    just thought don't know how possible it is ...

RamOfDenmark Guest

We have pretty much the same deal here in Denmark as in England. We get 2 games on Sundays, and that's it. Of course the bad part is you never know which games they'll show, they mostly show the teams that win and have a lot of buzz around them - which means very few Rams games the last couple of years, sadly.

I would be extremely interested in any ideas people might have on how to get to watch the Rams games. Watching them online, streaming them, downloading them, for free or for a price, I just need to be able to follow every game somehow!

archuleta31ss Guest

In Spain happens the same exact thing. We get 4 games every weekend, 2 of them are chosen randomly and the we have Sunday and Monday Night games.

Any of the ideas listed above would be nice, so all of us can see every Rams game.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I am a technological novice. I defer to the smarter tech people on the board to find a way to help our friends in europe see the games. Where theres a will, theres a way.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Leics_Ram Guest

Sorry, GC, probably unrelated but could we set up a syndicate whereby one of our friends in the States records each Rams game to DVD then posts it directly to the UK and Europe? Those of in the UK could then send the gamedisk onto one another and make a contribution to our American host via Paypal to cover costs? I'd be very interested in a service like this. If it means being able to see the Rams most weeks.

Is that a silly idea? I'm a bit of a technological dunce so I don't know how feasible it is.

The Good new is it looks like we'll be having up to five live games a week here in the UK this season. Two on Sky Sports Xtra on Sunday, the late Sunday and Monday games on Five and the new Thursday games supposedly going to be on NASN?
    Last edited by Leics_Ram; -05-15-2006 at 05:26 AM.

majorram is offline Registered User

hey Leics that a great idea but I don't think that the DVD disks will play here in the UK... different region, un less your DVD player is set up to take US DVD's....but good idea.................

I would love to watch every Ram game on Direct TV woww but THANK GOD for the internet and the Radio....

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

Leics_Ram Guest

Fortunately I have a multi region DVD player, but I take your point. Mmmm, must be a way of doing this though...

archuleta31ss Guest

If someone in the states has a tv-recorder with hard-disk (don't know how the machine is called in english), could upload it with a torrent program.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

We here in Aus get it moderately better. Through pay TV last year, we got usually 4, sometimes 5 games a week. the sunday and monday games through ESPN Aust, and then two others (usually a 1 and 4 oclock your time) which were dictated by who was winning and losing. it's a 3 or 4 in the morning start depending on whether it's daylight savings time or not.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

That's some dedication watching games in the middle of the night. I certainly would. Go Rams!

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

The regional encoding on DVD's is strictly optional. The bigger issue is NTSC (U.S., Central America & Japan, western South AMeica, parts of East Asia) vs. PAL (most of Europe, Australia, large swaths of Asia and South America) and SECAM (France, CIS, parts of Africa). In any event a PC could play any of those.

As far as receiving Direct TV transmissions, that MIGHT depend on WHERE the satellites are located. You do the following: Get U.S. friend to subscribe, ship equipment over, and point it south. Alternatively, set up address at "The UPS Store" or other substitute mail drop, and have the equipment forwarded over. This might not work for low hanging satellites. It works well (I am told) for people stateside trying to get around regional blackouts.

Quote Originally Posted by majorram
    hey Leics that a great idea but I don't think that the DVD disks will play here in the UK... different region, un less your DVD player is set up to take US DVD's....but good idea.................

I would love to watch every Ram game on Direct TV woww but THANK GOD for the internet and the Radio....

steve:clanram:

RamOfDenmark Guest

If we could somehow stream the games live that would be perfect, however I'm not sure how possible that would be. I guess someone would need a TV-card in their PC and an internet connection and some software to make it possible. Otherwise recording and then uploading the game using BitTorrent would be a good option, even without a very fast internet connection you can get great speeds using this. And that way everybody helps pay for the bandwidth.

A couple of years ago I used to always listen to the Rams games live on internet radio (KLOU.com). But the NFL stopped that, and now want good money ("field-pass" yada yada) for the priviledge of listening to their ad-filled broadcasts. Which for me is unacceptable - you either pay for it and get it ad-free or you get it free and listen to the ads, NOT BOTH. Besides listening to KLOU is completely free of charge on regular radio as I understand, so why not online, it's the same really.

So if anyone knows of a way to listen to Rams radio online that would be great too?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I have a similar problem. When attempting to watch the Premier League, I get stuck sometimes having to listen to two guys who are already pissed try to do commentary on maybe Liverpool/Arsenal when I really want to watch Chelsea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast