Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Special One is offline Registered User

Re: The Nfl Wants Us To Lose Every Game...

The schedule isn't that bad. If we can be around 3-4 through the first 8 weeks, then we'll be in great shape considering out last 9 games are all VERY winnable.

I might be in the minority, but I don't mind the schedule all that much. I can't wait...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    The GIANTS, COWBOYS, PATRIOTS, EAGLES & JETS are the only ones that i will call tough games.
    Giants, Cowboys, Patriots, Seahawks and at Arizona will all be tough.

The only thing tough about the Eagles and Jets is that we play them on the road. Very winnable games though.

The question is whose going to step up this season? RAMS, CARDINALS or WHINERS?

Cinderella RAMS has a nice ring to it!!!!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

The realist looks at the 2008 schedule, and compares it to last season's results, and comes to the conclusion that the Rams will have a tough road ahead based on past results. ...and why not? It's what they know.

The optimist looks at the schedule and says; "if such and such team has the kind of injuries we had last year, and with a few good breaks, we can win the division. Why? Because it's what we hope for.

I'm a realist, with a sprinkle of hope.

...but to think the NFL is out to get us is ridiculous. The way I understand it, the schedule of teams is actually pre-determined by the position in which you finish the previous year. You get all the teams in your division, twice, which makes up 6 games. Then you get a rotation of teams from each of the other NFC divisions, based on finish. And finally, you get four games from the opposing conference in a rotational bases. The only thing the NFL "computer" determines is when and where the games are played. ...and that has to be a balance of equal amounts of road games and home games.

The only rotten things the NFL can do to a team is set up three consecutive road games, or set the schedule in a way that makes the team travel time a little more difficult by sending them back and forth across the countryside. (which would effect a west or east coast team more then a midwest team) Overall, our schedule isn't the worst I've seen, it's just that it's so unbalanced in difficulty, with the first half much tougher then the second half. But who knows, that could be a blessing? Maybe we'll get to play the tough teams when we're still healthy?

...but based on what we know today, we're in for a long season.

Now, after the draft, a few arrests here and there, and some drug-related suspensions, a handful of injuries, we could be in the thick of things.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

What I will say about the NFL and the TV networks is, that the fact that we're only one of five teams NOT on a nationally primetime telecast is BS. Kinda speaks volumes about what the NFL, FOX, ABC, NBC ESPN and whomever thinks of the Rams.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

I say bring on the tough schedule. I dont expect anything easy in this league. If we get Jake Long to play with Pace, Bell, Barron and who ever our starting center will be, i say we have the basic ingredients for a solid team if we stay healthy. Besides, we can't base our team from last year and what we might have this year. Last year to me doesnt count. Get em back healthy for the 1st 2 games and then we can start to react. If we go defensive instead and take Dorsey or C Long, i think we'll have enough in the tank this year to pull out some close wins at the end of games.

THoltDaBest81 is offline Registered User

I like the tough opponents we play... I'm not worried at all!

*Takes back the lie*

Seriously though, I don't think we will do bad like some others believe. These games should be interesting and fun to watch!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12