Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Torry Holt is offline Registered User

NFL's International Practice Squad Program

As part of the NFL's International Practice Squad Program, 16 teams from the NFC West, NFC South, AFC West and AFC North will be assigned players that will be in training camp and on the practice squad, but won't count against the eight-man squads.

The Rams were assigned safety Sebastian Sejean, a native of France, who has played American football since 2004. The 24-year-old Sejean attended the University of Laval and is 6-2, 223.
    Yes, we play football in France too. I dont think he will ever play a down in NFL but I would just mention his name. I'm proud to see a french player in NFL, morevoer in a Rams jersey.

Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: NFL's International Practice Squad Program

Hey Torry,

I am curious how popular is American football in you region? Are there clubs there or is it actually played in the schools?

Thanks,

Joe

itsguud is offline Registered User

I don't know about France but I am living in Holland now and they definitely do not like Football over here. Germany has a few mens teams and stuff but it seems they are hanging on by a thread as they appear desparate for players and interested members... I am trying to join

Baldybouncer is offline Registered User

It's pretty popular over here in England and Scotland, there are a lot of amateur teams, but nothing pro. I play for a youth team of 16-19 year olds who, once we get too old, can move up to senior level.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    Hey Torry,

I am curious how popular is American football in you region? Are there clubs there or is it actually played in the schools?

Thanks,

Joe
    American football isn't popular in France. Soccer and rugby are too much popular here. We play football in club not in school.
    Even if few people play football, players are very passionate. We know our level is far below level in the US but we have a lot of fun and we play the ultimate team sport, we're pleased.
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Torry Holt View Post
    We know our level is far below level in the US but we have a lot of fun and we play the ultimate team sport, we're pleased.
    For 99.999% of football players, that is all that matters, and should matter.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Thanks Torry, that is good to know. I wouldn't expect to see it more popular than soccer (futbol), but it is good to see they're giving it a go!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Does anyone have any information on this Sebastion guy? i had tried looking up info/stats a couple days ago when i first read about him but had no luck, so if anyone finds anything please post.

I lived in Europe for a couple years, mostly in Germany and i didnt really hear anything about football over there except for nfl europe everyonce in a while. Would of been nice if there had been more, especially on AFN but oh well.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Found this on the bbc site in regards to nfl international.

The NFL hopes to announce soon the launch of an international academy for around 80 players, based at the University of Bath.

Players will have their accommodation and tuition paid just as they would if they were on a US college scholarship
    I'm really hoping this happens, it will be great for international development of players and being at Bath Uni I could see the players first hand

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Does anyone have any information on this Sebastion guy? i had tried looking up info/stats a couple days ago when i first read about him but had no luck, so if anyone finds anything please post.

I lived in Europe for a couple years, mostly in Germany and i didnt really hear anything about football over there except for nfl europe everyonce in a while. Would of been nice if there had been more, especially on AFN but oh well.
    I don't know much about Sebastien. I didn't see him play.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Baldybouncer View Post
    It's pretty popular over here in England and Scotland, there are a lot of amateur teams, but nothing pro. I play for a youth team of 16-19 year olds who, once we get too old, can move up to senior level.
    Gee, thanks....
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Baldybouncer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Gee, thanks....
    Haha, I didn't mean it like that! Senior level for us is 18 and over!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The NFL hopes to announce soon the launch of an international academy for around 80 players, based at the University of Bath.

Players will have their accommodation and tuition paid just as they would if they were on a US college scholarship
    One of my best friends is just finishing up at Bath uni, he played for the Killer Bees there. Myself, i played for the Birmingham Lions.
    There is a fairly decent British College American Football system, considering how popular it is compared to sports like football and rugby

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    One of my best friends is just finishing up at Bath uni, he played for the Killer Bees there. Myself, i played for the Birmingham Lions.
    There is a fairly decent British College American Football system, considering how popular it is compared to sports like football and rugby
    I heard the Lions had the most serious program in College football with a huge roster and lots of coaches. I wonder who your mate is, we got quite a few people graduating from the team this, but hopefully we can go perfect in the regular season again next year but this time try and win more than one post-season game.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Any Carrickfergus Knights on the board?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast