Like Tree9Likes
  • 7 Post By Bar-bq
  • 1 Post By Azul e Oro
  • 1 Post By macrammer

Thread: This Is Nice

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

This Is Nice

Is it just me, or are things becoming more and more comfortable here at Clanram?

I'd just like to take five minutes out of my day to say how nice it is that things have calmed down over the past couple of months. We're not arguing about petty things. Bizarre, apocalyptic posts are at an all-time low. We haven't heard from BernieM in a while (queue suspenseful Jaws theme music).

It's amazing what a few wins will do to cure what ails you. At the moment, things aren't so bad. We're two and two and the arrow is pointing up, and I think that for the most part that's the consensus around these parts. I'm beyond happy about that. Blind optimism, blind pessimism -- blind anything -- is cumbersome. It's pleasing to me that we're striving to find that middle ground.

It's really nice to know that in times of relative/promising stability, we're not looking for new things to argue about, as posters are on other message boards. It's a testament not only to the fiery debate we have here at Clanram, but to the level heads that thankfully continue to prevail.

Let's look at this moment in time as a record of what life can be like. We're a family. When times are hard, there's bound to be tension. But when things are at least beginning to look up, we're harmonious. That's great.

So here's to us! Now sit down, shut up and eat your mac and cheese.

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

Re: This Is Nice

I agree. It has been very pleasant reading over the last few days. I think the logical ledgies have realized that Jeff Fisher has this team going in the right direction. However, wait until the stretch of Green Bay, New England, San Francisco, New York, Arizona, and San Francisco. Obviously the Rams will be playing some good teams during those six games. Most fans will realize there will be losses and are just hoping to see improvement. Maybe sneak out a win against one of the ***** or Patriots and most will be very happy. I just think that during that 6 game stretch some negative posts might be on there way back onto the board.
    Last edited by RamBamThankYouMam; -10-03-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Word choice

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Is it just me, or are things becoming more and more comfortable here at Clanram?

I'd just like to take five minutes out of my day to say how nice it is that things have calmed down over the past couple of months. We're not arguing about petty things. Bizarre, apocalyptic posts are at an all-time low. We haven't heard from BernieM in a while (queue suspenseful Jaws theme music).

It's amazing what a few wins will do to cure what ails you. At the moment, things aren't so bad. We're two and two and the arrow is pointing up, and I think that for the most part that's the consensus around these parts. I'm beyond happy about that. Blind optimism, blind pessimism -- blind anything -- is cumbersome. It's pleasing to me that we're striving to find that middle ground.

It's really nice to know that in times of relative/promising stability, we're not looking for new things to argue about, as posters are on other message boards. It's a testament not only to the fiery debate we have here at Clanram, but to the level heads that thankfully continue to prevail.

Let's look at this moment in time as a record of what life can be like. We're a family. When times are hard, there's bound to be tension. But when things are at least beginning to look up, we're harmonious. That's great.

So here's to us! Now sit down, shut up and eat your mac and cheese.
    Firstly, don't tell me to shut up & I'm sick of mac & cheese. I want beanies & weenies.And don't think we've forgotten that it's your turn to do the dishes. No amount of pseudo-Gandhi blathering will change that.

And nice backhanded dig about the silencing of one of the great journalistic voices of our time. Rest assured, Sheep-stealer, BernieM will rise again; he's like herpes, once he's in the system , there's no cure, only periods of quiescence.

Awww....I think I pulled a muscle or something. Gotta remember to warm up before trying that again....I'm gettin' old; I remember when I could stay up all night & abuse fellow fans over nothing all day & not even feel it.

Good to hear from you, Bar-BQ. Sorry about the sheep-stealer crack but you kinda asked for it...lol....
    Bar-bq likes this.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

It's going to be weird getting to the end of a season and not hearing the calls for a coach to be sacked. I'll have to go along to a Saints forum to relive the old "Spags has got to go" conversations.

I think everyone just finds it easier to trust a coach who done the gig so successfully for so long. Unlike the previous two regimes where second guessing was an easy thing to do.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

There's nothing wrong with a heated debate. Gets the heart pumping and the blood boiling...

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a heated debate. Gets the heart pumping and the blood boiling...
    Thaaaaaaaaat's the spirit!

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Aside from the Marc Bulger thread and an occasional SOSAR flame up reference.....

Ooops.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -10-04-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: chance to use emoticon
    With all the gravitas of Jackie Treehorn.

macrammer is offline Registered User

yeah it is amazing what 15-65 can do to a spirit of a fooball fan
    live4ramin likes this.