ramhard is offline Registered User

Nice comment on Jason Brown by Rex Ryan

In NFL Nation blog by Sando, Rex Ryan (the ex D coordinator of the Ravens and now head coach of the Jets) was asked about Jason Brown and said:

" Ryan: Jason came a long way. He was a country kid and he's a great kid. But it's funny because we used to beat him up every day in practice. When he was going against Kelly Gregg and Trevor Pryce and Haloti Ngata every day, he would get to a game and the game was easy. He was one of the top centers in football. He grew up and it was great to watch because he's a great kid and he's going to be one of the top centers in football, I believe."

NFL Nation - ESPN

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Nice comment on Jason Brown by Rex Ryan

man,im glad the Jets got Mangold already..

i hadnt thought about who Brown has lined up against in training until now..just the fact that he has lined up against the elite NT`s in the NFL and handled them well...thats one hell of a fearsome threesome for a young guy to line up against...he`s certainly taken his bumps and become one hell of a player due to it with the tenacity shown in not backing down from the situation...lesser men would have probably quit for a easier life or been overwhelmed and ended up one of those many journeymen that pop up looking for another team every off-season.

respect to the new leader of our O-line!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    man,im glad the Jets got Mangold already..

i hadnt thought about who Brown has lined up against in training until now..just the fact that he has lined up against the elite NT`s in the NFL and handled them well...thats one hell of a fearsome threesome for a young guy to line up against...he`s certainly taken his bumps and become one hell of a player due to it with the tenacity shown in not backing down from the situation...lesser men would have probably quit for a easier life or been overwhelmed and ended up one of those many journeymen that pop up looking for another team every off-season.

respect to the new leader of our O-line!
    I don't know about lesser men quitting? $ Money talks $

Show me the money!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I don't know about lesser men quitting? $ Money talks $

Show me the money!
    i dont think money can buy "heart".

for me personally im not rich (well in the context of what the NFL players make anyway..) but i have a strong heart for battle and have overcome many problems that if i were to make public on here,im sure a lot of people on the board would be astounded that im still alive,let alone functioning like a regular person and having a decent career etc...

on the flipside of the coin..(no pun intended) in the NFL many players have been given big money coming out of college and the oppurtunity to earn even more if they perform..but have bottled it when the going gets tough!

getting back to Brown... i dont think for one minute that money had anything to do with the way Brown has proven himself to perform so well against elite DT`s ...e.g. Hampton,Haynesworth etc...if so why hasnt players who were drafted higher than brown (in the 4th round) and been given more money than him in the past been unable to perform to his high standard?

they were deemed by many to have more talent than him and reading between the lines of what Rex said about him,it seems Brown himself struggled at first but he showed great heart in not quitting and improved himself to the point that he`s currently just about to break the bubble into becoming one of the elite Centres in the NFL.

that to me is thanks to heart not a lust for cash!