Thread: Nick and Coady

moklerman is offline Registered User

Nick and Coady

Hey Nick, I think I speak for everyone when I ask you to remove your flailing Coady signature pic. I don't happen to hate Coady and actually appreciate the effort he's put forth. He's obviously not a great player but he's giving 100% and I can't fault him for that.

He should strictly be a special teams guy but is doing what he can due to injuries throughout the secondary. He's not over priced and doesn't cause any problems in the locker room or the press.

I seem to remember you saying something about defending ANY Ram player if they were being bad mouthed so I leave it to you to stand by your convictions and remove the pic.

Singling out Coady is just rude to me especially when you consider that he's playing safety and having to try and make tackles on rb's, wr's and te's that are running freely through the rest of the defense. If the d-line, lb's, or cornerbacks could at least slow down some of these guys maybe Coady wouldn't be on such an island all the time.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Nick and Coady

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    I seem to remember you saying something about defending ANY Ram player if they were being bad mouthed
    Then you aren't remembering what I said correctly, or perhaps I didn't properly illustrate my point, which was that if any Ram player, in my opinion, was being unfairly criticized, then I would defend said player. I've seen Coady make many bad plays this season, and feel that criticism of him is legit and fair. I'm not the only one who feels this way, as I've seen many posts here and elsewhere that has shared that sentiment of Coady. I'd say criticism of him is perhaps more fair than, say, criticizing Little for not being able to break through double teams on the defensive line. Just an example.

It's interesting, though, how people can start as many threads as they want discussing how terrible of a head coach Martz is and how poor our defense is with no objection from you - heck, you've even posted in if not made some of those threads - yet you think I'm the one who needs a public thread dedicated to chastising me for my signature, which in my opinion, seems more rude than my supposed singling out of Coady in the first place.

Would a PM not have worked just as well, mok? Or was there some kind of need to scold me publicly for this, I wonder? Also interesting is that you don't suggest I remove the picture of Bulger being sacked as my avatar. Is Bulger not giving 100%? Is he not doing what he can despite injuries to the offensive line? Is he causing problems in the locker room or the press? Then why not mention him as well?

I digress, though. I'm not sure if you noticed or not, but I'm working on a system here. Instead of the standard sig images that used to last weeks at a time, I'm somewhat charting this team's performances with images. Rams win, they get a good picture. Rams lose, they get a not so flattering one. I would think someone like you would appreciate that kind of balance, but I suppose that's not the case. Or maybe it is, and you just did not realize what I was doing. I guess we'll find out.

The picture will be removed after the Rams/Whiners game, when I'll hopefully have another - good or bad - to take its place.
    Last edited by Nick; -12-04-2004 at 02:13 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I don't happen to hate Coady and actually appreciate the effort he's put forth.
    Is this a joke? You insult Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt in the game day chat room, and you "appreciate the effort" of Rich "I'm Afraid to Tackle Anything" Coady?

Can someone say two-faced?

moklerman is offline Registered User

Is this a joke? You insult Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt in the game day chat room, and you "appreciate the effort" of Rich "I'm Afraid to Tackle Anything" Coady?
    No, not at all. Coady is blessed with heart and nothing else. Bruce and Holt have ALL the talent on earth. When Coady doesn't produce, it's no surprise. He's not a high priced free agent, high draft choice, hell, he's not even a starter! He's just a guy "trying" to keep up with the speed of the NFL. When Tory "I disappear during big games" Holt and Issac "14 points for Green Bay" Bruce stink it up it's a lot different. Am I saying get rid of them or put them on the bench? No, but when they have bad games they deserve criticism.
    which was that if any Ram player, in my opinion, was being unfairly criticized, then I would defend said player.
    A week long, humiliating photo is "justified"? I haven't seen any signature pic's of Bulger's 4 interception games, Martz's myriad of bone-headed moves or Bruce's 2 Green Bay touchdown's last week.
    I'd say criticism of him is perhaps more fair than, say, criticizing Little for not being able to break through double teams on the defensive line. Just an example.
    Please show me where I criticized Little. Moving him to a more prominent position on the defense to utilize his incredible athletic ability and speed. Yeah, I'm ripping him a new one.
    yet you think I'm the one who needs a public thread dedicated to chastising me for my signature,
    "Chastising"? I'm sorry, I thought I was pointing out why Coady may not deserve the glossy photo effigy. I thought that would be a little more appreciated than just telling you to take it down(you know, like other posters have done and you didn't take any offense to at all).
    Or was there some kind of need to scold me publicly for this, I wonder?
    You sure are acting like you've been caught at doing something wrong. I was disagreeing. That's all. No personal attacks can be found.
    I'm somewhat charting this team's performances with images. Rams win, they get a good picture. Rams lose, they get a not so flattering one.
    That's fine but I don't find it consistent with a guy that's been so vocal about negative posters on this board. If you've had a change of heart so be it. As negative as I'm perceived to be sometimes even I don't want to visually relive a bad loss for the whole week. I would rather see a nice, large photo of Curtis making a good catch.

Back to the original intent of my thread. I agree that Coady isn't that good. But I don't agree with all the posters who are so focused on his deficiencies as the problem with the defense. Four guys on the d-line, three linebackers and a cornerback or two got beat before Coady was responsible for saving the play.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

No, not at all. Coady is blessed with heart and nothing else.
    I haven't seen it.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Hey Nick, I think I speak for everyone when I ask you to remove your flailing Coady signature pic. I don't happen to hate Coady and actually appreciate the effort he's put forth. He's obviously not a great player but he's giving 100% and I can't fault him for that.

He should strictly be a special teams guy but is doing what he can due to injuries throughout the secondary. He's not over priced and doesn't cause any problems in the locker room or the press.

I seem to remember you saying something about defending ANY Ram player if they were being bad mouthed so I leave it to you to stand by your convictions and remove the pic.

Singling out Coady is just rude to me especially when you consider that he's playing safety and having to try and make tackles on rb's, wr's and te's that are running freely through the rest of the defense. If the d-line, lb's, or cornerbacks could at least slow down some of these guys maybe Coady wouldn't be on such an island all the time.
    Mr. Pot, aka Mok,

Maybe try hanging in the Hollow if Adarian will let you, as your smoke either is of poor quality except it does reflect a poor memory or maybe you should try some so you can see things in a more realistic manner.

You obviously speak for very few, although you have a deep grasp for the game's mechanics you are blinded by the truth in SOME situations which is unfortunate but your sincere passion for the game and sometimes the RAMS (if Bulger was not here) is unchallenged.

Your continually negative signature towards Bulger shows exactly how mature you are and the ability you exemplify for moving on is perfectly illustrated. Now that your beloved KW has moved on and has been benched, these untimely events (in some people's minds :disappoin) has saturated your sourness.

Maybe you should try leading by example, and if you had better vision since your head is continually occupied in a very dark place, then you would notice like the casual observer that I am, that Mr. Seiler has changed his sig pic constantly and consistently during this season, which this time makes your comments glaringly ignorant.

To show that I have some kerry in me too, I still think you remain a very deep and intellectual football and RAMS fan, but your inability to communicate effectively because of your moods and rants, inhibits your intelligence :disappoin

I remain,

very truly yours,

FLO :redface:

I know we/the clan should all be on the same page for a hoped victory this pm vs. the whiners.

Somethings never change!
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

A week long, humiliating photo is "justified"? I haven't seen any signature pic's of Bulger's 4 interception games, Martz's myriad of bone-headed moves or Bruce's 2 Green Bay touchdown's last week.
    So what's your point? People are welcome to use whatever sig picture they want, so long as it's allowed by the mods. If someone wants to use a sig pic of Bulger's four interception game, they're welcome to - I might not like it, but I certainly can't tell them to remove it, nor would I, because that's not my job.

On a related point, when did you suddenly get so uptight about signatures, mok? You sure didn't seem to care about putting people in a bad light when you had that unflattering Bulger quote in your own sig for quite a long time. :bored:

Please show me where I criticized Little.
    In the thread regarding moving Archuleta back to linebacker, you say of Little, "He's obviously not dominant enought to beat the double teams that he's been shackled with this year."

That's a criticism - please note, I never said you were ripping him a new one, those were your words not mine - and I think criticism of Coady for whiffing on a lot of big plays and open field tackles is a bit more fair than criticizing Little for not being able to physically get by two big lineman to make a play in the backfield mere seconds after the ball is snapped.

"Chastising"? I'm sorry, I thought I was pointing out why Coady may not deserve the glossy photo effigy. I thought that would be a little more appreciated than just telling you to take it down(you know, like other posters have done and you didn't take any offense to at all).
    Other posters? I've seen one person ask me to take it down. If there have been others, I haven't seen them. And until a mod requests that it be removed, then I'll keep it in my sig until the next Rams game, at which point it will be replaced. If it upsets people, good. We should be upset at the play of some of our players.

You sure are acting like you've been caught at doing something wrong. I was disagreeing. That's all. No personal attacks can be found.
    You did more than just disagree, mok. The fact that you brought this to a public forum instead of a private PM makes me feel like I'm being attacked. If you had a legitimate concern with my signature, there's absolutely no reason to voice it in a public forum over a private message.

You've yet to respond to my original post as to why a PM wouldn't have worked just as well, and we both know why you haven't - because there's no reason why a PM wouldn't have accomplished the same task... unless, of course, your goal was to make it a public criticism.

That's fine but I don't find it consistent with a guy that's been so vocal about negative posters on this board. If you've had a change of heart so be it. As negative as I'm perceived to be sometimes even I don't want to visually relive a bad loss for the whole week. I would rather see a nice, large photo of Curtis making a good catch.
    So would I. Hopefully Curtis does that this weekend so I can replace my current pic with a good one. But it all depends on the Rams now, doesn't it?

Back to the original intent of my thread.
    You mean calling me out? Please, mok. No one's naive enough to think that this thread was about anything else than you taking a shot at me for everyone to see.

As I said, and as you didn't say one word about in your response interestingly enough, a PM would have worked just as well. Your pulling this into the public forum makes your intentions perfectly clear and rather pathetic.

I would appreciate it if a mod would just close this thread before it becomes a wasteland of personal insults.