Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Nick's Notes: July 30
Nick's Notes: July 30
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
MEQUON, Wis. –
Notes from Wednesday’s Morning Practice
- First and foremost, an update on guard Mark Setterstrom. Setterstrom suffered from numbness in his right leg. Coach Scott Linehan revealed today that he has a strained muscle in the leg around his knee. He will have treatment in the next few days but is expected back soon.
- Linebacker Vince Hall and receiver Marques Hagans missed the practice with hamstring issues.
- Tight end Joe Klopfenstein left practice early with some stiffness in his lower back. He returned but his status for this afternoon is unknown.
- Cornerback Tye Hill has a sore quad from banging his leg against another wideout. It got tight but Hill is practice to practice.
- The rest of the walking wounded list remains the same: Donnie Avery (pelvic bone), Oshiomogho Atogwe (hamstring), Fakhir Brown (shoulder), Anthony Becht (hamstring) and Victor Adeyanju (broken finger) missed the morning session.
- With Setterstrom out, the opportunity has presented itself for another player to get reps with the first team. The player given the majority of that opportunity is rookie John Greco, who has been working at right guard and looks outstanding in almost every drill. Linehan says Greco’s future is still TBD when it comes to which position he will play but there’s no doubt he has a future at guard based on the opening week of practice.
- Just so everyone knows, Derek Stanley made another acrobatic catch this morning. Ho hum, another day at the office for the youngster who clearly seems energized by being in his home state.
- Ron Bartell is taking full advantage of his opportunities. While he still has some off moments, there are times when he’s the most impressive defensive back on the field.
- Jonathan Wade is also coming along nicely at cornerback but rookie Justin King will push him for a spot on the depth chart.
- There were no alterations to the roster, at least not in time for the morning practice.
- That’s all for now, be back later with some more from the afternoon session and be sure to send your emails in as I will be answering questions today live from Concordia.
By RealRam in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -07-28-2008, 07:15 PM
By MASSIVE in forum RAM TALKReplies: 3Last Post: -07-26-2008, 06:21 PM
By RealRam in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -07-25-2008, 03:18 AM
By RamsFan16 in forum RAM TALKReplies: 20Last Post: -05-15-2006, 08:34 AM
By RamsFan16 in forum RAM TALKReplies: 7Last Post: -04-07-2006, 02:49 AM