Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Nick's Post-Game Thoughts (what the heck, I'll join the club)

I just look at it this way - no matter what happens against Jacksonville, we really need to come away with a win against Seattle to split the series, and we're not going to do that if our starters are still struggling with nagging injuries from being rushed back. But if we go into Seattle at 3-5, do we really have much to play for at that point? It's a hard call that should be made easier as the week progresses and we get updates on some guys.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Mr.Blond Guest

Jamie Martin:

He WON the game, withOUT Holt and Bruce. What the hell as Marc Bulger shown you people to make you so high on this guy?!!!! I think Jamie Martin played a Great game, he didn't make me nervous the way bugler does, with his happy feet and dangerous throws. Martin made the throws he had to make, completed them, and WON. That's all I can ask from a QB. Good job Jamie Martin...........

sbramfan is offline Registered User

I just look at it this way - no matter what happens against Jacksonville, we really need to come away with a win against Seattle to split the series, and we're not going to do that if our starters are still struggling with nagging injuries from being rushed back. But if we go into Seattle at 3-5, do we really have much to play for at that point? It's a hard call that should be made easier as the week progresses and we get updates on some guys.

Yep...it's a dilemma that should work itself out, cuz they'll only play these guys if they're good to go.

With any luck, Bulger and Holt look healthy enough to go this week, get the win, and still have the bye week to finish getting to 100%.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Blond
    Jamie Martin:

He WON the game, withOUT Holt and Bruce. What the hell as Marc Bulger shown you people to make you so high on this guy?!!!! I think Jamie Martin played a Great game, he didn't make me nervous the way bugler does, with his happy feet and dangerous throws. Martin made the throws he had to make, completed them, and WON. That's all I can ask from a QB. Good job Jamie Martin...........
    Given your usual stance on Bulger and how you're patting JM's back here, I would almost be led to think that you'd rather have Jello-armed Jamie starting instead of Bulger. Please don't tell me this is true.

Mr.Blond Guest

I'd rather have the Rams WIN then have a qb throw for 300+ yds and LOSE. Yeah, I'd rather have Jamie Martin play qb than Marc Bugler.
    Last edited by Mr.Blond; -10-24-2005 at 02:46 AM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Blond
    I'd rather have the Rams WIN then have a qb throw for 300+ yds and LOSE. I hate Marc Bugler at QB.

You liked Chris Chandler to didn't you. LOL
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Mr.Blond Guest

Hey if he wouldve WON sure.

Mr.Blond Guest

Time and Time again, I've tried to like Bulger behind center. Time and Time again. He is unenjoyable to Watch. He makes bad decisions. He has severe nervous feet. His hype is unfounded and unsubstantiated. Where did he come from? He hasn't won jack s#^& for our team. I'd take anyone over him. He reminds me of a cancerous growth deep inside the colon. LOL

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I can think of several games he's won for the Rams. Players don't get into the Pro Bowl by being bad players.

Still bitter about Captain Kurt I'd imagine. Bet you weren't calling for his head when he was costing us games.

Mr.Blond Guest

Quote by RollingPaperRam: Bet you weren't calling for his head when he was costing us games.

What do you MEAN by that? And **** the Probowl
    Last edited by HUbison; -10-24-2005 at 11:36 AM.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Well, I happen to be a big fan of Warner but Jamie Martin is NOT better than Bulger. Martin didn't lose the game for the Rams but playing his best, he's only good for managing the game.

Not losing is nice but today was a battle of attrition. I wasn't going to be too high or low with today's outcome. I give the Rams credit for not folding when down by 14 points but that's due in large part to me expecting them to fold. It was a surprise that they came back.

Mike Furrey is quickly becoming my favorite defensive player. His TD iced the game and even though the play might have been overturned, it was nice to see things go the Rams' way for once. I dread to even think what the reaction would have been if the roles had been reversed and Martz was on the sideline.

Steven Jackson looked good at times today but I don't know that he's above criticism. He hasn't rushed for 100 yards in a game this year so there is room for improvement. It is hard for me to tell if all the problems are the line or the runner. As far as waiting for the blocks to develop, I hadn't noticed that being much of an issue. It seems like whenever a run is being stuffed by the defense it's because there's a defender in the backfield so I would lean toward the line needing to improve more than the rb's.

All in all, the only thing that can be taken from today is a win. You can't really judge the offense because we were without Bulger, Holt and Bruce and you can't really judge the defense because New Orleans was without Deuce McCallister and Joe Horn. I'm not too enthusiastic about playing a rested Jacksonville team next week. You gotta play the game, but I see Jacksonville as being much better on both sides of the ball.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Lets get off this Bulger/Warner stuff. It doesn't fit anymore.

However, WHERE IN THE SAM HILL IS THE LOVE FOR ANTHONY HARGROVE? He may have played his best and most inspired game as a Ram and no one is giving him any credit for it.

Hargrove, you get my game ball. Excellent game 95.

MFranke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    7) Why can't Faulk line up and play receiver??
    I wanted to see more of Faulk at receiver, too, especially after D. Thompson got lost and forced the Rams to call a timeout. We've always been told Marshall could play out there; would have liked to see him get some shots in 4-WR sets.

--Mike

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I'd rather have the Rams WIN then have a qb throw for 300+ yds and LOSE. Yeah, I'd rather have Jamie Martin play qb than Marc Bugler.
    Considering that Bulger has one of the best records in the league since he became a starter, even though we have fielded a poor defensive unit and even poorer offensive line; you should be in love with Bulger.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The team should consider investing in a bruising balls-to-the-wall fullback come April.
    Isn't this why we drafted Hedgecock? Why do we keep lining him up at TE and H-back?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast