Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ram Dragoon is online now Registered User

Re: Nightmare: Holt to Cards : Torrys Revenge

The Rams made GSOT with Holt--but part of that was a man named Proel...even with Holt in the Twight of his career, Proel got us into the Superbowl least we forget the NFC Championship game. Holt could serve the Cards the role of Ricky Proel

MarshallMarshall Guest

I agree with that it would be a downgrade to pick up holt for the Cards.

Speedyroach is offline Registered User

Im sure Torry will have many options..particularly if he is released. For some reason i do not believe the Cards want to pay Bolden ( what about him for the second round pick?) and Holt would be as productive. maybe not in blocking..but Torry catches everything thrown his way.

Holt would provide the kind of veteran saavy and experience which might put Arizona over the top. The dump off passes he received last year was not his style ( more like Boldens style) and he struggled. With the time Kurt gets to throw he will find Holt for over 1,000 yards. Torry has something to prove...and it may be his last hoorah...but Mr. Holt will remind us all why he was arguably the best receiver in the league from 1999 ( made me believe in miracles ) to 2007.

Our greatest receiver and our greatest quarterback together again. It just seems to me to be more than possible...its poetic

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Torry has already indicated that he would like to play for the panthers.I think it was sometime last year when he said it.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Truth is offline Registered User

I agree that Holt won't be going to AZ unless Boldin is gone. I really don't want to see him play for any of the other NFC west teams. I think the Titans might be a good fit. Minnesota could use some help as well.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    The Rams made GSOT with Holt--but part of that was a man named Proel...even with Holt in the Twight of his career, Proel got us into the Superbowl least we forget the NFC Championship game. Holt could serve the Cards the role of Ricky Proel
    I doubt Torry wants to be a possession receiver.

Anybody think he might end up wearing Stars next year?

Speedyroach is offline Registered User

I think Torry would relish the opportunity to show the Rams that he was let gp too soon. he would also be going to a potential Super Bowl team with a quarterback he knows...also

I still believe that last year was more about our offensive line than Torrys depleted skills. He will return to top notch form next season.

He might end up else where, but if he was able to choose today ..I think he would love to play us twice a year. Every player wants his old team to regret his release / trade..its human nature.

Could Warner push management to move Boldin and bring in Torry..could very well happen.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyroach View Post
    I think Torry would relish the opportunity to show the Rams that he was let gp too soon. he would also be going to a potential Super Bowl team with a quarterback he knows...also

I still believe that last year was more about our offensive line than Torrys depleted skills. He will return to top notch form next season.

He might end up else where, but if he was able to choose today ..I think he would love to play us twice a year. Every player wants his old team to regret his release / trade..its human nature.

Could Warner push management to move Boldin and bring in Torry..could very well happen.
    He could just as easily win a ring in Dallas, and be one of their top two receivers. The same goes for Carolina. I doubt he wants to be the 3rd or 4th (if we bring up the Proehl example) receiver for a team.

Warner wants Boldin. He was willing to take a pay cut in order to lock him up long term-and he had to figure Holt was available. Torry will not be a Cardinal.

Yodude is offline Registered User

I think Torry would relish the opportunity to show the Rams that he was let gp too soon.
    Don't forget that it's Holt who has asked the Rams to release him. There are no confirmed reports that the Rams have been actively seeking to trade him, only rumors.

The Rams have said that they can accomplish all that they wanted to in free agency without cutting any veterans.

Every player wants his old team to regret his release / trade..its human nature.
    Once again, why would he want the Rams to regret something that he himself requested. The fact is, it's been obvious that since the beginning of last season, he has not wanted to be a member of this team.

I've really enjoyed watching Holt play for the Rams over the years...I'd argue that there was a long stretch where he was the best receiver in the NFL. Maybe not the most skilled, definately not the fastest...but when you consider the whole package -- skill, character, attitude, performance, consistency -- I would not have traded him for any receiver in the league. Maybe he still has a bunch left in the tank, it's hard to evaluate any player with how this team has played over the last 3 seasons as a whole. But considering he doesn't want to be here anymore, and if it means we get a shot at Crabtree if he leaves, I'd say "Thanks for the memories Torry, see ya later, don't let the door knob hit you on the way out!"

You may be 100% on the money, but he doesn't want to play here any more.

As I said before, you'd pretty much have to be a moron to want Holt over Boldin at this point in their respective careers.
    Last edited by Yodude; -03-05-2009 at 11:20 PM.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

smitheRAM is offline Registered User

Holt knows what he has left and knows he can be productive somewhere, as long as he is not the #1 reciever. Where ever he goes, he will not be a Ram by the 18th. Thank you for the showMr Holt

BobCarl is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyroach View Post
    If Torry is cut wouldn't it seem feasible that he might join his old QB in Arizona.
    It is feasible for Holt to join the Patsies or any of the otner NFL 29 teams too. He's still got game.

but, what is more of a twilight zone experience was seeing Ike Bruce in a Rams more than 50 times and to go back to the dome and see him score his 1000th catch in a 9ers uniform.

He hated the 9ers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12