raleigh_ram Guest

No dissrespect to the official rams ....

I almost don't want to say this, but the official rams website is lacking. No dissrespect, I love the Rams and will never love another team. The information is below par. I write this because of the last "choppin it up with Pisa" read. Come on, I care about Pisa, but I want to know his thoughts on football, not the weather and basketball!!! Anyway...just venting, because I feel the website, aside Clanram, doesnot represent our team to the fullest. With a NEW RAM era, I think we need a new WEBSITE. One with a MESSAGE BOARD!!!!!!!. No dissrepect to the wonderful people who have invented and backed this website. Maybe Clanram and crew should become the official website of the St. Louis Rams. Seems like Nick Wag and Crew have to much on the plate. I say this because I remember "someone" stating they appologize for the lack of information during the NCAA tournament and from visiting the site almost everyday hoping for new info.

Any thoughts?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: No dissrespect to the official rams ....

They had a MB and Fan Zone once, but it was deleted to make room for more fan information. Supposedly Wagoner's bit every week is enough to satisfy. Mike Martz was also supposed to have a column but that was aborted around preseason.

RamOfDenmark Guest

Yeah the official site is absolutely horrible. I'm sure the reason they deleted the message board basically was that they couldn't handle *any* criticism of the Rams whatsoever. When you have a message board, some people are going to be morons and some people are going to criticise the team no matter what they do, that's just how it is. It's up to the moderators to fight it and keep the place as readable and on-topic as possible. Of course our own moderators here at ClanRam do a great job at that, but the official site's moderator (yes I believe there was only 1) back when they still had a message board was just lazy and disinterested in the Rams, never even visited the place, much less doing his job. And of course they didn't dare turn any control over to the people on the message board and promote some of them to moderators, they wanted all the control and they wanted none of the work. So they closed it all down and came up with some bull**** reason why a cookie-cutter site, on which occasional "articles" that more resemble press releases appear, would somehow be "better for the fans".

Haven't you noticed how Wagoner is *always* 100% positive on everything going on, everything is going great yada yada, he always comes up with a few rookie names in the offseason and predicts that they will be great, when they're released he claims that was his prediction all along - that's the style of reporting you get. All the info you get at the official site is basically like a press release with the organisation telling you what they think you want to hear, you get no honest opinions, you get no real in-depth articles or analysis. When you read some of the camp articles you actually find yourself doubting whether the reporter was even at camp, it's all so generic and always with a positive spin.

Honestly I haven't visited the official site even *once* since I found ClanRam. Thank god this place exists! The fans at the Clan are also a thousand times more knowledgable than anyone who ever visited the official site's message board. We've got real actual fans here, dedicated and well-informed, with real honest opinions, be they positive *or* negative. If ClanRam was somehow changed (no idea how that would occur) so this was now the official site I think the same thing would happen here as it did on the offical site. The place would get dull, moderators would start silently deleting all even slightly negative posts, eventually the message board would be deleted alltogether...you know the story. But for now, and hopefully all future, this place is the best Rams site there is and there's no reason to even visit the offical site IMHO.

Oh and btw. IT'S DRAFT DAY guys! I can't believe how long the wait has felt this year, but now it's finally here! Go Rams!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The ONLY thing that is preventing this from being the 'official' website is the lack of a legal connection to the team, in my opinion.

If you want to get down to the facts, here it is:
    1. The Clan has MORE information.
    2. The Clan gets the news out faster.
    3. The Clan has just about everything that the other site has...plus a lot more!
    4. The Clan has Utter.
    5. The Clan was started by FANS, run by FANS, built by FANS, moderated by FANS, and is for FANS!
    6. There are people here who are MUCH more knowledgeable about football and the Rams than on that other website.
    7. Everyone is welcome here as long as they follow the rules.
    8. We even have a virtual stand-up comedy open mic section....just read the posts from the whiner fans in the smack forum!!!!!

stlouisrams.com may be the 'official' website, but give the Clan a couple of more years....they'll be sending Dez offers to be the official webmaster.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    The ONLY thing that is preventing this from being the 'official' website is the lack of a legal connection to the team, in my opinion.

If you want to get down to the facts, here it is:
    1. The Clan has MORE information.
    2. The Clan gets the news out faster.
    3. The Clan has just about everything that the other site has...plus a lot more!
    4. The Clan has Utter.
    5. The Clan was started by FANS, run by FANS, built by FANS, moderated by FANS, and is for FANS!
    6. There are people here who are MUCH more knowledgeable about football and the Rams than on that other website.
    7. Everyone is welcome here as long as they follow the rules.
    8. We even have a virtual stand-up comedy open mic section....just read the posts from the whiner fans in the smack forum!!!!!

stlouisrams.com may be the 'official' website, but give the Clan a couple of more years....they'll be sending Dez offers to be the official webmaster.

Exactly, but the only thing I have wrong with our official site is that you look at other websites with tons of media, tons of information, tons of really everything. And you'd think they'd get somewhat of an idea of how to make a better looking site, I forget the last time we had a different layout, because it's quite lame...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

DODRAM is offline Registered User

Unhappy Re: No dissrespect to the official rams ....

That's the sad thing , you look at other teams sites and you see what can be done, then you go to the Rams official site.:down: No wonder clanram is so popular doh!

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DODRAM
    That's the sad thing , you look at other teams sites and you see what can be done, then you go to the Rams official site.:down: No wonder clanram is so popular doh!
    ClanRam rocks and rams.com sucks.

RealRam is offline Registered User

DODRAM, great to see you!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I couldn't agree more. The official Rams site seems to carry old news forever and rarely has immediate updated info. Thank GOD I found and joined CLANRAM. CLANRAM is the one and only place to be for any and all RAMS info. Whether it be RAMS history or a late breaking story.

Thank you to everyone that makes this website the GREATEST !!!

:clanram: