Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "No" List

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The "No" List

In an effort to curb the growing practice of "Should the Rams consider _______" threads, here is my list of players that I (and, I believe, most Rams fans) do not want, despite the fact that they are available as FAs or in a trade:

Plaxico Burress
    Michael Vick
    Brett Favre
    Brandon Marshall
    Adam Jones
    Reggie Williams
    Matt Jones

Any others?

Jockelite is offline Registered User

Re: The "No" List

I wouldnt mind Brandon Marshall...

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jockelite View Post
    Of course you wouldn't

Does you mind breaking the law?

From our friend WIKI:

According to Orlando-Orange County public records (case 48-2004-MM-012392-O), on Halloween 2004, while a student at UCF, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer.[39]
    On January 1, 2007, Marshall was present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in LoDo, Denver, Colorado, along with teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams. The trio was attending a birthday party held for and by Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the players were leaving the club in a limousine, Williams was fatally shot in the neck after an unknown assailant opened fire on the vehicle. Willie Clark was later charged with the murder.[40] Walker has stated in interviews that the shooter was likely a nightclub patron whose motive was retaliation after being involved in an altercation with Marshall's cousin earlier that night.[41]
    On March 26, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence after his girlfriend reported that following a domestic dispute, Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house.[42] Charges from the incident were later dismissed on May 25, 2007, after Marshall completed anger management counseling.[43]
    In the early morning of October 22, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area at the intersection of 14th and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol.[44] A trial was scheduled for September 16, but Marshall instead agreed to a plea bargain four days earlier; he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability impaired.[45] He was sentenced to one-year probation and 24 hours of community service.
    On June 12, 2008, Marshall was ticketed for an illegal lane change, then found to be without his license and proof of insurance.[46] The case was eventually dropped as part of a plea bargain for the October 22, 2007 driving incident involving alcohol.[45]
    According to an article published in the Rocky Mountain News on July 28, 2008, Douglas County deputies fielded "about 11" calls to Marshall's home since January 2006. The article stated that one one call resulted in Marshall being arrested (the March 26, 2007 domestic dispute), and some did not involve him at all.[47]
    A September 17, 2008 article on CompleteColorado.com stated that the solicitor's office in Fulton County, Georgia filed misdemeanor battery charges on September 10 for an alleged incident on March 4, 2008, in Atlanta, Georgia. Marshall was booked on March 6, then released the next day after posting a $1,000 cash bond.[48] The case was assigned to Judge John Mather in Georgia state court. An email from Judge Mather's office to CompleteColorado.com indicated that no court date had been set, but that the date would likely be in November or December.[49]
    On March 1, 2009, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall was released on a $300 bond.[50] The charges were dropped the following day.[51]

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jockelite View Post
    Of course you wouldn't

Would you mind if he beat your girlfriend/wife?

Jockelite is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Of course you wouldn't

Haha you got a point. However we need some sort of skill in the Wr spot.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Of course you wouldn't

Marshall is too busy beating his own girlfriend to beat someone else's.

Maybe a change in scenery would be good for Marshall's personal life because nobody can deny his talent on the field. It would probably cost the Rams a lot to trade for him though.

Plaxico Burress might not be that bad either without the whole New York media scene. He is a good player with his size and hands and is a great redzone threat.

The rest of those players wouldn't have enough upside on the field to take a chance on though.

bigredman Guest

Of course you wouldn't

Hmmmmmmm....depends. Would she bring me a drink when I get home and rub my feet everyday afterward?
    Last edited by bigredman; -06-16-2009 at 04:51 PM.

realchamp11 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    In an effort to curb the growing practice of "Should the Rams consider _______" threads, here is my list of players that I (and, I believe, most Rams fans) do not want, despite the fact that they are available as FAs or in a trade:

Plaxico Burress
    Michael Vick
    Brett Favre
    Brandon Marshall
    Adam Jones
    Reggie Williams
    Matt Jones

Any others?
    what bothers me is that most people dont want to give athletes like this 2nd chances..just a couple years ago im sure randy moss would have been on this list and look how he has changed. so i think that ppl should stop being so close minded and be open to the idea that people can change!!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

If we got Marshall, I'd support it only because I'd have to assume above all else that Spags thinks this guy has learned from his mistakes and can be a leader of this football team.

Putting that thought aside, I really doubt he'll be coming to St. Louis, along with the others on Avenger's list. I think we are on a good path right now, we are a young team with character...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

bigredman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by realchamp11 View Post
    what bothers me is that most people dont want to give athletes like this 2nd chances..just a couple years ago im sure randy moss would have been on this list and look how he has changed. so i think that ppl should stop being so close minded and be open to the idea that people can change!!
    Yeah...Little did get arrested for drunk driving again, but at least he didn't kill somebody the second time.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

While he might not actually be available, I should add another name to the list:

Chad Ochostinko

As for the "second chances" argument... lame. The existence of a few players who have turned things around does not override the overwhelming majority of problem children who remain problem children.

You can't take the chance on a guy like that in this league - not with the salary cap implications.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Of course you wouldn't

Your statement is totally misleading. Yes he may of beat on his girlfriend but why on earth would he go out and beat your girfriend or anyone's wife up? He has not gone out in public and just beat people up willy nilly man. He had multiple disputes with his high school sweetheart, it happens. It is not our business to be dealing with his problems. What he does in his own time is his problem.

ALL I KNOW IS THAT HES A STUD ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD

realchamp11 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The existence of a few players who have turned things around does not override the overwhelming majority of problem children who remain problem children.
    who are these problem children again?

general counsel is offline Registered User

Avenger, i would state it slightly differently. I think you can take chances on a guy if you think he might be the one missing guy to put you over the top. You can also take a chance when the price is cheap.

However, i agree with you completely that on the Rams today, as a rebuilding team, we dont need to give up picks or pay big money to take chances on guys like that. Way too much downside.

I cant understand the fascination with burress, i a guy that has a long history of missing team meetings and being suspended by his coach, long before the gun issue. He is also over 30.

There are no quick fixes for the rams and remember, the best predictor of future performance is past performance. In many cases, we are not talking about second chances for these guys, you are talking about 3, 4th or 5th chances.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good list! Especially for the point it makes about certain players & Rams. ...Enough said.

PS: Good to see you BRM!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast