Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

no more dome field advantage???

First of all, whats up with all those empty seats yesterday??? They need to change the color of them from red to blue, so at least it looks like they are getting some support on TV...all that red is embarassing..Secondly, the fans that actually did show up, sat on their collective ass for the first half of the game, poor dude with the big D in one hand and the fence in his other couldn't get any of the lower deck to stand up and make noise in the first half at all...It looks like that a bunch of people there just go to have something to do, rather then get excited about football...It's pretty sad, bad it seems like the dome hasn't been the same since the "Greatest Show" days...It turns out STL is just like any other city with the "what have you done for me lately" crowds...For those of you who went and actually stood up to make noise, you rock...
    Come on STL, MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!

Let's get back to having a "Dome Field Advantage"!!!

sorry for the rant, but it just makes me mad to see all those empty seats and the ones that weren't empty were filled with stiffs...

Re: no more dome field advantage???

its called the st louis cheese and wine club in some circles

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

I tried to get them all to stand up a couple years ago when The Saints were going for it on 4th and 1 and they all looked at me like I was crazy. I really do not understand where this breed of fans comes from. I know right down the road the Cheifs have some of the loudest fans in football. They are there at the game winning or losing, they support their team.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Rambos is offline Registered User

65,000 at the game, I saw that too, maybe they where slow to come back at the half.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

...and to that I say, BRING 'EM BACK TO LA!!!!
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    ...and to that I say, BRING 'EM BACK TO LA!!!!
    this is twice now that i have agreed with you. something just isnt right today. lol

Quote Originally Posted by tanus View Post
    this is twice now that i have agreed with you. something just isnt right today. lol
    LOL!! Heck, we're all just so damn giddy from winning. Makes Mondays just so much more bearable, doesn't it?

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i told everyone at the bar that fans were wearing red to show support for the cardinals who were trying to win the division right down the road and that they werent empty seats. i am not sure they believed me.

MFranke is offline Registered User

I tend to believe that was an after-halftime effect; I didn't generally notice
    a lot of empties. But there was a baffling exodus of people with about 6 minutes left and the Rams down a point. What is this, Dodger Stadium?

I thought the crowd was impressively loud in person, but it really did not carry
    over to the parts of the TV broadcast I saw. And I'm sorry but it sucks when people stand up in the middle of plays, and it especially sucks that I'm the one who sucks for wanting to complain about it. There's got to be a middle ground; can't people stand up after the play? Sitting down doesn't prevent loud cheering, not from me, anyways.

--Mike

bruce4life is offline Registered User

i would love for the rams to come back to so cal, i had season tickets before and would have them again... so cal fans have so much more heart it seems like. im sure thats not true but its sad when the rams fans that go to the san fran and arizona games are cheering more than the stl fans...

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Yeah, I thought the red seats were a bit strange...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    i would love for the rams to come back to so cal, i had season tickets before and would have them again... so cal fans have so much more heart it seems like.
    HUH?? It says youre 26...Im pretty sure YOU didnt have season tickets in the 80s or early 90s...you were a CHILD... and you DEFINATELY dont recall the latter days of the Rams stay in So Cal if you declare "so cal fans have so much more heart it seems like". Most "fans" turned their backs on the Rams near the end in LA....hence the departure.
    Last edited by Fargo Ram Fan; -10-02-2006 at 04:54 PM.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    HUH?? It says youre 26...Im pretty sure YOU didnt have season tickets in the 80s or early 90s...you were a CHILD... and you DEFINATELY dont recall the latter days of the Rams stay in So Cal if you declare "so cal fans have so much more heart it seems like". Most "fans" turned their backs on the Rams near the end in LA....hence the departure.
    Can't speak for bruce, but I can speak for most Cal Ram fans. We are every bit as good a fan as they have in STL. When the Rams were in LA, they were a bigger ticket than the Lakers or Dodgers. The Rams were LA's team. When they moved to the OC, some fans got angry and jumped ship, but not many. Remember, we could damn near fill the LA coliseum in the old days. And the LA coliseum is NOT the dome in STL. It used to hold over 100,000. The trouble all began with Ms. Frontandreary. She turned the team into a joke and forced the fans away. The Rams were a horrible team in the end, and honestly, who wants to spend their hard earned money on a bad product that we knew wasn't going to get better until the owner got what she wanted? We love a winner, and will support them. Go to any Dodgers or Angel game and check out the attendance and enthusiasm.

Hey, STL had a football team before the Rams came to town. But, just as in LA, lousy owner, bad teams = move.

tanus is offline Registered User

Can't speak for bruce, but I can speak for most Cal Ram fans. We are every bit as good a fan as they have in STL. When the Rams were in LA, they were a bigger ticket than the Lakers or Dodgers. The Rams were LA's team. When they moved to the OC, some fans got angry and jumped ship, but not many. Remember, we could damn near fill the LA coliseum in the old days. And the LA coliseum is NOT the dome in STL. It used to hold over 100,000. The trouble all began with Ms. Frontandreary. She turned the team into a joke and forced the fans away. The Rams were a horrible team in the end, and honestly, who wants to spend their hard earned money on a bad product that we knew wasn't going to get better until the owner got what she wanted? We love a winner, and will support them. Go to any Dodgers or Angel game and check out the attendance and enthusiasm.

Hey, STL had a football team before the Rams came to town. But, just as in LA, lousy owner, bad teams = move.
    I knew we had to disagree on something today.

Please don't lump the Angels fans together with the Dodgers fans. You can't compare the two. The Angels fans are the biggest bandwagon fans in the history of all sports. I hate them all with a passion, except for the ones that actually went to the games before they won the world series. They are a complete joke. Now, dodger fans on the other, thats a completely different story. They will stick by their team till the very end. Wait until the Angels have a couple of bad seasons and you will see a signifiant drop in their attendance.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

The Rams were a horrible team in the end, and honestly, who wants to spend their hard earned money on a bad product that we knew wasn't going to get better until the owner got what she wanted? We love a winner, and will support them.
    So THIS is what he meant when he talked about all the "heart" fans have in SO CAL? The last sentence I quoted says it all.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast