Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    aff15loader is offline Registered User

Re: no more dome field advantage???

Hell I was there and it was pretty loud. Problem is too many really young and older people that can't make the noise....personally the group I was with was pretty loud, but we were also a wee bit drunk. While there was a few emptey seats, it was still pretty crowded. Keep in mind there was a cards game at 1 ..and its still a baseball town. With that said not too bad of a turn out.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    HUH?? It says youre 26...Im pretty sure YOU didnt have season tickets in the 80s or early 90s...you were a CHILD... and you DEFINATELY dont recall the latter days of the Rams stay in So Cal if you declare "so cal fans have so much more heart it seems like". Most "fans" turned their backs on the Rams near the end in LA....hence the departure.

my dad had season tickets and i went with him... so dont doubt me...

norcalramfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    I tried to get them all to stand up a couple years ago when The Saints were going for it on 4th and 1 and they all looked at me like I was crazy. I really do not understand where this breed of fans comes from. I know right down the road the Cheifs have some of the loudest fans in football. They are there at the game winning or losing, they support their team.
    The problem is a short history. I saw the same thing in pheonix last week. when it came down to crunch time the cardinals wine and cheese club were headed out the door. while the ram fans most of which have followed them from the L.A. days stayed to the end screaming for a miracle( which was answered).
    The point being even though they won the superbowl they are not quite the darlings of ST. LOUIS. Only time will tell whether they become die hards like the rest of us! GO RAMS!:r

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tanus View Post
    I knew we had to disagree on something today.

Please don't lump the Angels fans together with the Dodgers fans. You can't compare the two. The Angels fans are the biggest bandwagon fans in the history of all sports. I hate them all with a passion, except for the ones that actually went to the games before they won the world series. They are a complete joke. Now, dodger fans on the other, thats a completely different story. They will stick by their team till the very end. Wait until the Angels have a couple of bad seasons and you will see a signifiant drop in their attendance.
    I was making a point about LA fans in general, but I know you knew that.

That's always the retort by you Dodger fans about the Angel fans. You think you'd come up with something better. You guys are starting to sound like Raider fans....

By the way... I grew up a total Dodger fan. I would keep score listening to Dodger games and Mr. Scully for years. My father was a scout for the LA Dodgers and my brother was offered a contract by them as a pitcher back in the late '60's. In fact, my high school team had exact duplicate uniforms as the Dodgers, except our name, but then the script was written the same. Same as the Dodger home whites. I never had Dodger season tickets, 'cuz I couldn't afford them at the time, but I went to countless games.

Then game that fatass Tommy Lasorda, who in my opinion, was the worst manager in Dodger history. Man couldn't manage a little league team. He cured me of Dodger blue. Then I moved to OC and I've been an Angel fan ever since. ..oh, and long before they won the WORLD SERIES.

I did go to a Dodger/Padre game last year, and Dodger fans may "stick with their team to the very end", but they don't stick until the end of the 9th inning. LOL!!!
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    So THIS is what he meant when he talked about all the "heart" fans have in SO CAL? The last sentence I quoted says it all.
    Yes, it does.

It wasn't because the fans of LA/OC had no heart. It was the organization that had no heart, and didn't give a sh*t about winning the last few years in Anaheim. We cared about "our" team, and that beatch killed her husband, stole the team from Steve and ran with the money. She made it clear what she wanted to do, so why should the majority of fans want to continue to support HER? We want a winner, so what? Every city wants a winner. You telling me that St. Louis doesn't? If you do, you're a fool. Or should I say, they're fools. They didn't want the Cardinals anymore and they left. Why? 'Cuz they were losers. Always were, still are. Every town has a fan base that sticks by their team through think and thin, why, because they know there will be a day when they get back to winning status. But the Rams had no intention of doing that before they moved, and everyone knew it. Do you think that the midwest fans are any different? Check the fan base for the Kansas City Royals. When Brett was king and the Royals were winning, they packed the house. Funny, I don't see packed houses there anymore. Why? 'cuz the fans want a winner. I'm so freakin' tired of hearing about LA/OC and it's lack of "passion" for sports. It almost always comes from idiots that have no life, wear their favorite teams sports logo on their boxer shorts and drink out of their team mugs while eating their TV dinners with mom. I've been to just about every major city in this country, watched baseball games in Chicago, Milwaukee, Baltimore, Houston, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and San Diego and I can speak from experience when I say that fans, from coast to coast, are no different. They just wear different colors. Give it a rest, and ask mom to pass the salt.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

I did go to a Dodger/Padre game last year, and Dodger fans may "stick with their team to the very end", but they don't stick until the end of the 9th inning. LOL!!!
    How many fans do? When ever I am at a baseball game be it Dodgers Angels or Padres people leave before the ninth inning. If I pay for a ticket I dont leave till its over, if could watch credits I would. I certainly dont see the big deal when people leave though. Maybe if its a one run ball game or something.

That's always the retort by you Dodger fans about the Angel fans. You think you'd come up with something better. You guys are starting to sound like Raider fans....
    Many of us Dodger fans act like Raider fans too(the author of this excluded). I tell you what though who wants to be lumped together with the most fair weather fans I have ever seen in my life? O.C sports fans are Generic. I used to love Going to see The Kings play the Ducks it was like a Kings home game alot cheaper and closer to home. I lived in "The O.C." the last seven years before moving to Murrieta Ca I used to laugh at the O.C fans. They knew very little about their teams (or the games) and would complain after one loss like the world was over. Its like yesterday this "Padre Fan" at work was talking bad about the blue and I said "name 5 players on your team quick." He seriously could not name one. Orange county fans in general are the exact same way.Dodger Fans are some of the most passionate fans in all of sports Angels fans are little Whiners that changed their City To LA to try to muster up more fans.It did not work. They interviewed people on the streets of L.A when The Angels were in the World Series it cracked me up they answered ?"The Angels are in the World Series?" No one cared because in L.A people bleed Blue, Black Silver (Kings), and Purple gold.

P.S .. I do know the name Change happened after the World series
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -10-02-2006 at 11:02 PM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Many of us Dodger fans act like Raider fans too(the author of this excluded). I tell you what though who wants to be lumped together with the most fair weather fans I have ever seen in my life? O.C sports fans are Generic. I used to love Going to see The Kings play the Ducks it was like a Kings home game alot cheaper and closer to home. I lived in "The O.C." the last seven years before moving to Murrieta Ca I used to laugh at the O.C fans. They knew very little about their teams (or the games) and would complain after one loss like the world was over. Its like yesterday this "Padre Fan" at work was talking bad about the blue and I said "name 5 players on your team quick." He seriously could not name one. Orange county fans in general are the exact same way.Dodger Fans are some of the most passionate fans in all of sports Angels fans are little Whiners that changed their City To LA to try to muster up more fans.It did not work. They interviewed people on the streets of L.A when The Angels were in the World Series it cracked me up they answered ?"The Angels are in the World Series?" No one cared because in L.A people bleed Blue, Black Silver (Kings), and Purple gold.
    10 Minutes Ago 07:50 PM

That's funny. But you're generalizing a whole city because of some guy you know that's a Padre fan. huh? You're comment about LA fans and the world series, and not knowing who was in it. Tells me a lot about the LA fans. They don't even know what goes on outside their little Dodger blue world. How sad is that? LOL!!! Remember, I was a Dodger fan that "bled Dodger blue", for the better part of 25 years! ...until I closed the wound and healed up.

Go Rams, Lakers, Angels, And Kings Baby!!!!!!!!! All So Cal... Dodger Fans Suck Their Not Dodger Fans When Their Horrible But You Know They Talk **** When The Dodgers Are Doing Good YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THEY'LL START TALKING ALL THIS CRAP... PATHETIC
    Last edited by bruce4life; -10-02-2006 at 11:13 PM.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

At the risk of interupting this California Fan bickering contest, the StL Cardinals were down the street on the verge of elimination from the playoffs. Not that they will go far, but it is a baseball town first and foremost. Not that I agree, either. Baseball is a fading sport IMO. However, as soon as they tank, then hopefully the fans will be filing in and showing support. Unfortunatley, most sports have outpriced the average fan that would be more boisterous and truly loves the game...Many of those that can afford season tickets, not all mind you so no offense to those on here that are, are a bit elitist anyway and are there to be seen and because it is the "in thing to do," not because they know the game or are true fans of the team or the game...
    Last edited by SFCRamFan; -10-02-2006 at 11:23 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

This was probably the loudest game in the Dome I've been to, and reminded me of numerous other football games I've attended, so I don't know what you're expecting, bruce.

I thought the crowd was fairly involved early in the game, cheered pretty loudly just about every time the Lions had a red zone posession, celebrated quite readily after each Rams score, and were all on their feet in clutch time to close the game out.

Maybe you've been watching/attending too many college football games if you think fans of all ages are going to stand and be loud the entire game.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    At the risk of interupting this California Fan bickering contest, the StL Cardinals were down the street on the verge of elimination from the playoffs. Not that they will go far, but it is a baseball town first and foremost. Not that I agree, either. Baseball is a fading sport IMO. However, as soon as they tank, then hopefully the fans will be filing in and showing support. Unfortunatley, most sports have outpriced the average fan that would be more boisterous and truly loves the game...Many of those that can afford season tickets, not all mind you so no offense to those on here that are, are a bit elitist anyway and are there to be seen and because it is the "in thing to do," not because they know the game or are true fans of the team or the game...
    You're right SFC, and well said. Enough already...

That's funny. But you're generalizing a whole city because of some guy you know that's a Padre fan. huh? You're comment about LA fans and the world series, and not knowing who was in it. Tells me a lot about the LA fans. They don't even know what goes on outside their little Dodger blue world. How sad is that? LOL!!! Remember, I was a Dodger fan that "bled Dodger blue", for the better part of 25 years! ...until I closed the wound and healed up.
    You left your team something that makes no sence to me once a fan always a fan.Im making a broad generilization on a whole county by the way not a City. I also used the Padre fan as an example of fans I do not care for. Lets put it this way when I was rooting against the Ducks in The stanley cup people would say why are you a Devils fan? I used to say no Im a Kings fan. They did not get it. They would say then why do you want the Ducks to lose? They did not even get that the Kings and Ducks hate each other. That would be like a Rams fan not knowing the whiners were our rival. Here they are GO DUCKS!! Hey who is their Goalie? Temu Selanne, and their manager uhhhhhhhhhm Temu Selane?, cool, good luck in the cup.I lived in Costa Mesa for seven years and when the Angels were stinking it up no one cared. That whole time I still supported my Dodgers and they sucked too. Then all of a sudden everyone is so Die Hard Angels??? There is a rivalary between The Dodgers and the Angels now? Like most Dodger Fans I could care less about the Angels. Ask and Angel fan though about the Dodgers, "oh they suck screw the Dodgers" its because the Dodgers are SO Cal's team and the Lil Angels wish they were. They had their 15 minutes and now its over.

As far as their own little world, Dodger fans know their team and their sport in General. The Dodgers were not in the World Series so why should we care. Its like the Super bowl I watch it I have a BBQ but no Rams and I could care less. I rooted for Bettis last year but at the end of the day I could care less.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Many of those that can afford season tickets, not all mind you so no offense to those on here that are, are a bit elitist anyway and are there to be seen and because it is the "in thing to do," not because they know the game or are true fans of the team or the game...

That is how I feel when I go to Angels stadium honestly. It's more of a place to hang out then a baseball stadium.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Just be glad none of you guys are Atlanta Braves fans, we can't even sell out World Series games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    This was probably the loudest game in the Dome I've been to, and reminded me of numerous other football games I've attended, so I don't know what you're expecting, bruce.

I thought the crowd was fairly involved early in the game, cheered pretty loudly just about every time the Lions had a red zone posession, celebrated quite readily after each Rams score, and were all on their feet in clutch time to close the game out.

Maybe you've been watching/attending too many college football games if you think fans of all ages are going to stand and be loud the entire game.
    when fox was showing the stands it just seemed like there was far too many open seats and when the fans needed to be loud on big plays it seemed to be quiet to me... again this is just my opinion, but it just seems the intensity has been better in previous years. Every rams fan that was at the arizona game knows that it was loud almost every big play that day.. loudest place ive ever been too excpet for super bowl 36...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast