Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: No-nonsense Cecil to coach Rams' secondary ..

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Re: No-nonsense Cecil to coach Rams' secondary ..

Wow, chuck cecil huh. Can't hate on him coaching just the DB positions, its not like he got the DC position.

Loving the pick up. Come on we need to get tough and physical and fisher is going towards that with the staff. I LOVE it and I APPROVE!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    So, this hiring means the '4 pillars' concept is probably out the window? That worked well...didnt it? Some gritty individuals (on staff and roster) might be a good thing in the NFL.
    Ah yes, the often misunderstood "4 Pillars". I'm sure the connotation of the 4 Pillars that fans fall back on are gone. The notion that every Ram must be a choir boy. That was never actually a Pillar, but that is what most fans boiled it down to, and yes, I'm sure that connotation is at least out the door.

However, the Pillars themselves: Faith, Character, Core Values, and Team First......those are simply good ideals that EVERY successful team has.

The problem with DeSpags was never the 4 Pillars, but rather finding talented football players and keeping them healthy.

53 ego-maniacal thugs will not win a Super Bowl. Hopefully, Fishead....Snisher....Fineadisher...(we'll revisit this)....can find talented team first players. THAT is what wins games.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Im just glad that it seems players will be held accountable for the mistakes they make. The coaching staff doesnt seem like they'll clap there hands after a drop and then pat you on the back and say nice try you'll get em next time.

As Hub mentioned, the 4 pillars are the basis of a good team. I want a team of hard hitting, hard playing, very physical players with good character. I think we all want that.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

HUb,

Quick question for you: The Rams have also hired Mike Wauffle to be the D-line coach. As you know he is an ex- Raider and he was a part of a Raider team that became the most penalized team in the history of the NFL last year.

Granted, not all of those penalties were on the d -line but I feel it is safe to assume that his unit was as responsible as any on that team. And, no doubt you know the style of ball the Raiders (and Wauffle) by extension promote.

My question to you is: Do you also take issue with the Rams hiring a former Raider who is also known to preach the "no-holds-barred" physical approach like Chuck Cecil?

BTW....really laughing at your "Fishead" ...or how how about FishLes or Fishnead?

WHAT SAY YE?
    HUbison likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable
    HUb,

Quick question for you: The Rams have also hired Mike Wauffle to be the D-line coach. As you know he is an ex- Raider and he was a part of a Raider team that became the most penalized team in the history of the NFL last year.

Granted, not all of those penalties were on the d -line but I feel it is safe to assume that his unit was as responsible as any on that team. And, no doubt you know the style of ball the Raiders (and Wauffle) by extension promote.

My question to you is: Do you also take issue with the Rams hiring a former Raider who is also known to preach the "no-holds-barred" physical approach like Chuck Cecil?
    Excellent question, RAMarkable!

Never heard of the guy until we hired him. But if I were to research him and find out that he based a large part of his playing career on usage of an illegal and reckless tackling technique with no regard for the injuries that could and did follow; and then followed that with a coaching career in which his units or teams produced at a modest rate while being fined and/or penalized at an extremely high rate..........then yes, I might be a little skeptical.
    BTW....really laughing at your "Fishead" ...or how how about FishLes or Fishnead?
    Thanks. There's still plenty of time, but the masses will have to agree on something before too long. I mean Shawgmunt and DeSpags flowed like wine; but I can't really get a feel for the Fisher-Snead amalgamation. Currently, I'm a little partial to Fishead.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    But don't start complaining about penalties and the associated yardage given up by the Defense. Defensive penalties WILL increase this year. Mark my word. Yes, Chuck Cecil promotes that line of thinking. Just as Jim Schwartz before him (look at Detroit now!).
    Nah, the lawlessness in Detroit is all Ndamukong Suh's fault. Or so I've been told.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Ah yes, the often misunderstood "4 Pillars". I'm sure the connotation of the 4 Pillars that fans fall back on are gone. The notion that every Ram must be a choir boy. That was never actually a Pillar, but that is what most fans boiled it down to, and yes, I'm sure that connotation is at least out the door.

However, the Pillars themselves: Faith, Character, Core Values, and Team First......those are simply good ideals that EVERY successful team has.

The problem with DeSpags was never the 4 Pillars, but rather finding talented football players and keeping them healthy.

53 ego-maniacal thugs will not win a Super Bowl. Hopefully, Fishead....Snisher....Fineadisher...(we'll revisit this)....can find talented team first players. THAT is what wins games.

Personally I like Snisher..

lostsoul is offline Registered User

How about Lesher?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I'm all about Fishead, Hub.

As a sidenote, what a worthy 2500th post this is!
    lostsoul likes this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I'm gonna go ahead and go with Snisher.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and go with Snisher.
    I like Snisher too Fett. But Fishead better defines their partnership.? Still catchy as well.!
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -02-16-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234