Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rammiser is offline Registered User

No one is blaming Boller?

Man if that was Bulger throwing those int's he would be getting ripped to shreds right now. Can Null possibly be that much worse than Boller at this point? Boller is the same guy he has always been. Inaccurate,inconsistant, but can scramble. Well Bulger haters wanted a qb who can scramble how is that working out for us? We only lost by 10 points to a terrible team. Boller throws a pic when he has a wr wide open and he under throws him. I thought boller was the strong armed qb? Sorry to say put Bulger in that same situation and that's a td not an int. Bulger is so much more accurate than Boller it's obvious.

I just find it funny no matter who is behind center the results are pretty much the same. This tells me the Rams woes are not solely on the qb. We managed to make Justing Forsett look like Barry Sanders. Our o-line is once again so banged up Boller was being hit before he could even set up in the pocket. Those sacks are his fault though he should be able to get out of the way of those big lineman (sarcasm off). Boller has heart, not any more or less than Bulger but he has less talent then Bulger.

I say throw Null in at qb if we can't beat Seattle with Boller there isnt a game left on the schedule that is winable. So why not give the kid a shot? I dont care if Boller gives us the best chance to win he has no future as a starting qb in this league. Null on the other hand can at least show us what he can or cant do. Starting Boller anymore is a complete waste of the fans time. Boller has not changed one bit since his days in Baltimore, and will not lead this team to victory. So that being said lets start Null PLEASE!

Just Fix It

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: No one is blaming Boller?

I just think people are starting to realize that we need too many spots around the QB.

Or they just won't admit they're wrong. haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I believe Boller was labelled a 'PLAYBOY' earlier in a different thread.

So he may be getting blamed for something but whatever it is, it sounds like fun!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Boller hardly performed so poorly that we should be taking the time to champion Marc Bulger. He DID throw a critical interception that was returned for a touchdown which hurt us badlyand for that he should be taken to task. He also threw for 289 yards- something Bulger has done just once or twice in the last year and a half. He did this despite being sacked 4 times, hit 12 times and with a less-than-100% Steven Jackson in the backfield and the same basic group of receivers Bulger's had to work with. And he of course is the back-up.

Those 4 sacks would have been 8 if Bulger were back there- and we'd have to listen to endless "how terrible the offensive line" stories are all day in defending him. No one is suggesting Boller is better than Bulger- he's not. But let's be objective, gentlemen.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I blame Boller - and the WR's, the TE's, the defense, the rest of the Offense....

Frito is offline Registered User

Steven Jackson, Jason Smith only players worth keeping on this Offense. That is the problem.

Anyone else worth mentioning that would start on another team.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Well...he is the backup QB. I don't think anyone expected the backup to play very well. Bulger, on the other hand, is the starter and is making a ginormous amount of money so the expectations are higher. What's confusing about this?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Boller hardly performed so poorly that we should be taking the time to champion Marc Bulger. He DID throw a critical interception that was returned for a touchdown which hurt us badlyand for that he should be taken to task. He also threw for 289 yards- something Bulger has done just once or twice in the last year and a half. He did this despite being sacked 4 times, hit 12 times and with a less-than-100% Steven Jackson in the backfield and the same basic group of receivers Bulger's had to work with. And he of course is the back-up.

Those 4 sacks would have been 8 if Bulger were back there- and we'd have to listen to endless "how terrible the offensive line" stories are all day in defending him. No one is suggesting Boller is better than Bulger- he's not. But let's be objective, gentlemen.

The last part of this is total B.S. Take your blinders off, as your hate for Bulger is clear. Yea, yea, yea, and don't point out instances where you've defended Bulger, because it's calculated, and we all know that ...

I have never seen a QB that is more indecisive in the pocket than Boller. You can go back and watch the tape, even when there is no pressure, he bounces around, head moving left to right like he's having a seizure, and he is simply afraid to throw the football ...

Even Jason Brown noted this when he was interviewed around the time Boller was signed ...

His fear to throw the football makes him a lame duck when the blitz is coming. Despite the makeshift offensive line, there was enough time to get the ball out of there on several occasions when the Seahawks sent as many as 8 blitzers ...

Boller's supposed scrambling ability did nothing in this game to prevent sacks. There were a couple plays where he scrambled out of the pocket and STILL refused to throw the ball away ...

To say Bulger would have been sacked 8 times is asinine ...

To further the point, Bulger has been sacked 14 times this year in 247 pass attempts ...

Boller has been sacked 11 times in 132 attempts. Doesn't take much to extrapolate those numbers ....

Boller is below average to terrible in about every aspect of the game. He brings little to the table in my opinion ...

All you have to do is watch how he comes out on fire just about every game. Then when the D adjusts and he is forced to react, utter failure ...

It's not hard to see ...

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Well... I don't think anyone expected the backup to play very well.
    Actually that is the main theme of all of the "Ban Bulger" threads that I have been reading. Most anti Bulger's say that Boller is a better qb than Bulger and he should start.

I agree with Rammiser in that it is suspiciously quiet on Boller's performance out there. I also realize that the cost of Bulger's contract is quite high, but people seem to forget that in business once the contract is signed it takes extenuating circumstances to void it or rework it (think hold outs and huge cap hits for cuts). I am truly astonished that anyone could think we could turn around a 2-14 team, owned by Georgia Friontiere, managed by John Shaw and Jay Zygmunt and coached by Scott Linehan in one year. And even still, blame every problem on a low keyed, pocket passing quarterback out of PA. If the qb was the only key to success of a football team, then that logic dictates that David Carr should have led the Texans to the Super Bowl or that Carson Palmer should have a ring as well...horsefeathers!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

rammiser is offline Registered User

Amazing how you afford Boller so many reason as to why he wasnt able to succeed. Yet when these same reasons are brought up for Bulger they are called excuses and we are called apologists. Boller threw two crucial picks who cares how many yds he threw for. He threw for 289 yds 1 td and two int's and your giving him kudos,talk about high expectations. Did I champion Bulger? Hardly I just pointed out the fact that no one was yelling and screaming about Bollers poor play and mistakes that cost us the game. Yet every week after a game when Bulger is qb there are 7 different threads about how he sucks. We all know Bulger is the starter but he isnt right now so shouldnt people be complaining about Boller's play? It's not going to happen because the reason most people complain about Bulger isnt because of his play it's because of who he replaced and how it happened and people just dont like Bulger.
    Just Fix It

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Amazing how you afford Boller so many reason as to why he wasnt able to succeed. Yet when these same reasons are brought up for Bulger they are called excuses and we are called apologists. Boller threw two crucial picks who cares how many yds he threw for. He threw for 289 yds 1 td and two int's and your giving him kudos,talk about high expectations. Did I champion Bulger? Hardly I just pointed out the fact that no one was yelling and screaming about Bollers poor play and mistakes that cost us the game. Yet every week after a game when Bulger is qb there are 7 different threads about how he sucks. We all know Bulger is the starter but he isnt right now so shouldnt people be complaining about Boller's play? It's not going to happen because the reason most people complain about Bulger isnt because of his play it's because of who he replaced and how it happened and people just dont like Bulger.
    I feel your pain my man ...

I made the comment yesterday in the gameday thread that Boller was one of the worst NFL quarterbacks that I've ever seen. His numbers support that, and his play yesterday magnified it ...

Everybody praises Boller for his ability to move around the pocket and run, yet he's been sacked once every 12 pass attempts ...

He lacks just about every inherent characterisitic that a QB needs to be successful ....

I praise him for being tough and playing hard, and showing a little spunk, but that isn't going to get it done in a precision passing offense ...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I just find it funny no matter who is behind center the results are pretty much the same.
    And this is how it's been since Bulger's decline in 2007. If we had a situation like we did in 2002, then the choice would be simple. If Bulger was completely ineffective, but another quarterback stepped in, played well, and strung together a series of wins for this team, then it'd be a different story.

But that's not what's happened. Frerotte couldn't do it in '07, Green couldn't do it in '08, and so far Boller hasn't been able to do it in '09. At what point do the failures of other quarterbacks make people realize that simply getting rid of Bulger and plugging in a fresh face isn't the answer?

At his age and with his injury history, Bulger certainly isn't the future of this team. But when multiple other quarterbacks can't do any better - and often times do worse - then it's only logical and reasonable to start thinking that, while the QB may not be playing well, there are other bigger factors that are preventing any QB from achieving sustainable success here.

Boller hardly performed so poorly that we should be taking the time to champion Marc Bulger.
    I don't think the point is to use Boller's performance to champion Bulger; it's to illustrate the inconsistency in criticism of quarterback play.

And I don't think the "He's a back-up" response plays well, considering how many people argued at some point during this season that Boller gave the team the best chance to win.

He DID throw a critical interception that was returned for a touchdown which hurt us badlyand for that he should be taken to task.
    He threw two of them, didn't he?

He also threw for 289 yards- something Bulger has done just once or twice in the last year and a half.
    That's not exactly a tough task when you put it up 46 times. And since you brought up Bulger when making this point, I'd point out that Boller's yards per attempt average on Sunday was 6.1, which is a whopping 0.2 yards better than Bulger's cumulative number for the season. Is that really significantly better enough to warrant praise? Not really.

He did this despite being sacked 4 times, hit 12 times and with a less-than-100% Steven Jackson in the backfield and the same basic group of receivers Bulger's had to work with. And he of course is the back-up.
    ...and here come the excuses. I'm so tired of excuses for Kyle Boller. Enough of them! I want to see results, not excuses!

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Well...he is the backup QB. I don't think anyone expected the backup to play very well.
    Numerous people across many Rams communities have argued this season that Boller gives this team a better chance to win. To me, differences in expectations between a starter and a back-up go out the window when a number of people argue that the back-up is the team's best option at the position. Critics can't have it both ways.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Frito View Post
    Steven Jackson, Jason Smith only players worth keeping on this Offense. That is the problem.

Anyone else worth mentioning that would start on another team.

Jason Brown comes to mind. And Mike Karney. Oh, and Donnie Avery would certainly be a good choice. I think Jacob Bell is certainly turning around and becoming a solid starter. Even Incognito is a capable starter for our team, and with him out, it's definitely showing. I think Laurent Robinson is a keeper, although he has been out to injury, so that's not fair. Brandon Gibson is also certainly worth keeping around, as he's showing he can play. And Amendola is definitely the hard worker that Spags covets. Other than that though...

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

That 65 yard INT return was the nail in the coffin. I stopped watching after that point becuase a ten point defict is way too much for this team to overcome. And yes I agree, we really do need to start seeing Null get some snaps, he can't possibly be worse tahn Boller. Even if he is, we have NOTHING to lose. Our season is over; we might as well see what talent we have for next year. I also think that Brown's missed Fg early on really killed this team. We had no momentum coming in, that was just a killer. He has been doing that all year so I'm not suprised though.

A QB change must happen ASAP.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I'm not getting into anymore Bulger discussions or arguments with people who simply don't get it. I have NEVER been one to say Boller is better than Bulger. Marc Bulger's performances speak for themselves, he in all likelihood is done for the season and he will not be a Ram next year barring something unforseen happening, which makes this entire topic mindless.

Nice to see Nick- who seems to only appear lately when he wants to multi-quote any statement I make- is at least consistent with his minute analysis of every word I say. My statements were meant to illustrate the inconsistency Bulger supporters have when excusing poor performance- the line, the receivers, etc.- certainly not to make a case that Boller is better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast