Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    skelley is offline Registered User

no other way to put it...........

Bulger is a loser.

Outside of 1 play he was a dink, dunk & set up the kicking team QB. The game was in reach & once the weight of the team was on his shoulders, he faltered.

The effort was better today=good news

Same results=bad news. We are a very bad team.

We will never move forward until we rid ourselves of Bulger & that waste of cap space contract.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: no other way to put it...........

since Losehan came along..Bulger has turned into a bad version of Chad Pennington..today and pretty much since linehan took over,it seemed that they played to keep the score down rather than ever to win...and this isnt from the moment the game was out of reach...this was from the Kick off!!!

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by skelley View Post
    Bulger is a loser.

Outside of 1 play he was a dink, dunk & set up the kicking team QB. The game was in reach & once the weight of the team was on his shoulders, he faltered.

We will never move forward until we rid ourselves of Bulger & that waste of cap space contract.
    Bulger is struggling but this mess goes way pass him we gave up 200 yards rushing 241 passing the D is beyond bad. I think the players don't believe in management and do not believe in Linehan.
    :ramlogo:

rammiser is offline Registered User

Bulger is a loser.

Amazin, and what qb would be doing well behind this o-line name 1. There arent any period. The dink and dunk is because he doesnt have enough time to stand around and wait for guys to get open like Eli Manning. Funny I thought he pulled the team within 7 and the defense faultered but maybe I was watching a different game. If your going to blame Bulger for the int your wrong that was all on Goldberg. I played o-line I know if your guy jumps in the air you give him a shot to the midsection. Tuck made a great play not at all Bulgers fault. Did Bulger get himself sacked 5 times? Really would have been 6 had Tuck not facemasked him, but Bulger is a loser. Man I wish Bulger wouldnt have been so sloppy in coverage, man I wish he wouldnt have given up over 200 yds and I also wish he wouldnt drop his own passes that hit him in the hands. Yeah let's blame Bulger for this teams inability to block,catch and tackle. Also Bulger shouldnt commit so many penalties when the team gets a good play. Yep Bulger is a loser.
    Just Fix It

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Bulger is a loser.

OK, explain to me how an offensive line that cannot protect the QB is Bulger's fault?

It truly amazes me that a QB keeps getting blamed for the breakdown on an o-line. Even Peyton Manning can't crap unless he has time to grab toilet paper.

Before you go talking about the QB being at fault, why not go out there and take a few snaps for yourself and see how it looks behind the front five?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Calling him a loser is pretty uncalled for and over the top. A quarterback is only as good as his protection, and Bulger has been sacked 10 times in two games. At this rate, he'll finish the year having been sacked 80 times. I don't care whom you have throwing the ball; they're not going to do well with this protection.

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

Bulger wasn't all that bad WHEN he had time...and judging from what he said in the interview after he came out of the locker room..he did some yelling too.

skelley is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Calling him a loser is pretty uncalled for and over the top. A quarterback is only as good as his protection, and Bulger has been sacked 10 times in two games. At this rate, he'll finish the year having been sacked 80 times. I don't care whom you have throwing the ball; they're not going to do well with this protection.
    I also watched P Manning against an equally good defense....he had 2 starters, BOTH playing out of position, on his OL.....when the game was on the line he stepped up. Bulger doesn't have that. He is not a winner.

Was this game his fault alone? No. But his short comings are abundant.

I would lay far more blame on the coaching staff & the defense.

But the fact is Bulger is not only the not the answer, his contract alone will keep us from ever bringing in top tier talent.

Most agree the Coaches need to go. Moot point to hammer on them. Our defense is y-o-u-n-g, so there might be some building blocks in there.

Bulger has had ample time to show what he's made of. And maybe "loser" was a bit harsh, but the point remains he's shown no sign at all of being a winner.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

OK, Let's use this "Not a winner" thing.

Marino has never won a ring, so he's not a winner, let's call him a loser. Same for Phillip Rivers. Flutie had a cereal named after him, but he's a loser, too. McNabb, well, he must suck, too, because he doesn't have a ring, neither did Fran Tarkenton.

Watch the game. You'll see this big thing called a "Hole in the Line" somewhere between the two OT's. Those guys that rushed through that hole are the ones who kept Bulger from being able to do much all day long.

You think you aren't a happy camper? How do you think Marc feels?

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

It all starts up front. Without protection Bulger looks awful. When he has time he usually delivers. The receivers dropped some catchable balls today. Am I a big Bulger fan, no, but I am realistic enough to know that neither Green or Berlin would have faired much better the last two games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Tom_SF is offline Registered User

Doesn't really matter. Just another case of waiting this crappy season out.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I respect you for speaking out, especially when you probably knew your opinion would be heavily attacked. It is not easy to speak out about Bulger among many of the members here. The loser comment was too harsh, but I am understanding of frustration.

It is also frustrating when so many fans want to give certain players a free pass. everyone is accountable, in this mess, including Bulger.

As I was watching the game, and Bulger's play, my thoughts returned to an earlier time when Martz was the coach. I remember Bulger struggling and Martz getting pissed and screaming at him to throw the damn ball. One thing Martz always said about this style of offense was that the QB needed to be tough and oblivious to what could go wrong. Bulger is tough, but he has been battered so much that his confidence is completely shattered. I think he no longer has the ability to be oblivious and trust his instincts. He is thinking too much. On many plays he holds the ball too long and takes unnecessary sacks. I have my doubts that he still has the confidence to take a 3 step drop and throw to a window.

I agree it is not entirely Bulger's fault, but this zero accountability, from fans that think all of this hangs on the offensive line is getting old. I guess some only see what they want to see.

onslaught11 is offline Registered User

I believe it is partly Bulger fault. When he had time, he still misfire his receiver. That TD pass was just plain luck and the skill of Torry. The old Bulger would have hit Torry in stride. Holt had to wait on the ball on that one. He is not the same Bulger. Maybe he has PTSD.
    We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.
    -- General William Jauro-Smythe Killan
    before the battle of Tupiero Do
    :angryram:

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Blame Bulger?? If you are to going to blame anybody blame the O-line, espcially the guards and center! The interior of our O-line is a mess. If you really want to single just one player out then lets talk about Hill. Turns out he is a BIG TIME BUST! A CB with no confidence should not be out there playing period

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    since Losehan came along..Bulger has turned into a bad version of Chad Pennington..today and pretty much since linehan took over,it seemed that they played to keep the score down rather than ever to win...and this isnt from the moment the game was out of reach...this was from the Kick off!!!

Actually Bulger had the best season of his career (2006) under Linehan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast