Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Re: No Rams on TV: Team's sellout streak ends

Those of us whom the Rams abandoned really do not feel terribly sorry that ther Rams did not sell out their stadium. Maybe the grass was only spray-painted greener? Or maybe there is a septic tank under that grass?

We rarely get the games televised out here in Central/Southern CA as we are not in the Rams "region" anymore.... but then who moved?

One has to have Direct tv to purchase NFL Ticket but even then the non-sold out games are blacked out. This is all part of the NFL scheme to squeeze the fans for all the cash they can. I can see it set up eventually so that there will be no commercial games broadcast, only pay per view...

At least, for now anyway, if the Rams somehow climb throuugh the backwindow, maybe even the upstairs window, the games have little choice than to be televised!

RnD

GO RAMS!!

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Just another reason that fans that live in St. Louis are the worst in the NFL. Arrogant, ignorant, fans at that.
    Wow. What an a****** thing to say. Please explain to me what makes the St. Louis fan the worst fans in the NFL? While your at it, why are they arrogant and ignorant?

This was bound to happen eventually. I'd bet that St. Louis is in the upper end of attendance year after year. And suddenly we go low enough to cause a blackout and people have to personally disrespect those fans in the city with those kind of comments.

As for me. I live in the San Fran area, but I'm in St. Louis and will be going to the game with all the ignorant and arrogant people.

:x

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    Wow. What an a****** thing to say. Please explain to me what makes the St. Louis fan the worst fans in the NFL? While your at it, why are they arrogant and ignorant?

This was bound to happen eventually. I'd bet that St. Louis is in the upper end of attendance year after year. And suddenly we go low enough to cause a blackout and people have to personally disrespect those fans in the city with those kind of comments.

As for me. I live in the San Fran area, but I'm in St. Louis and will be going to the game with all the ignorant and arrogant people.

:x
    I think you will be waiting a long time for that explanation, I along with others are still waiting for RF16's source on Faulk forcing the Rams to release him, it's been about a week now. Now that I think of it, I'm still waiting for his explanation on how a rookie WR will come in and replace Bruce next year in his 2007 predictions, that's been at least 2 weeks now. :\
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I have a hard time getting down on fans for not selling out a game on Christmas Eve. I dunno, I'm much more embarrassed about the MNF game than this piece of news.

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

It is the product that dictates the fans support. StL Is a Sportstown overall. And the Rams belong. So arrogant is the term for now. But when the tough times come around. Which they will. This city will stick with a short term fix.
    We would not get this support in LA. I know i experienced it first hand.
    If anybody has been more critical of this team. It's been me and i know as a true fan that this team deserves STL and STL deserves NFL Rams football.
    Enough said---Go Rams
    THE FIELD GOAL

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Did the Rams sell out every game in all their years in LA? Did they have a home game on CHRISTMAS EVE during a 6-8 season that we can compare this situation to? I'm a longtime fan of the LA/STL Rams and I think that 1 non-sellout in an 11 year span is not the end of the world and can be a good thing as it sends a message to the team to improve the product. I live near Philly and Eagle fans are supposed to be one of the most "Diehard "fans in the league,not to mention the 4th or 5th largest city in this country.In bad seasons for the Eagles they have had situations of non-sellouts at the end of the years against a less than stellar opponent And in a fairly new stadium?
    I'm pretty new to this board but the 1 thing I have in common with ALL of you is that I am a RAMS fan and it's not a LA VS STL thing.They could play in Eastern Lower Gybip and I would STILL be a RAMS fan although that would be quite a mouthful!!!

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

To alter a famous phrase - "If you build a team - they will come." (But maybe not on Christmas Eve, because a lot of people will be over the river and through the woods, on their way to Grandma's house, or last-minute shopping, or staying home with their families, or getting the cookies and beer ready for Santa....)

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    No, the ones who would rather sit at home and watch a team play when they have season tickets rather to go the game. I have 100% respect for those who go to the games, but if you can and don't, its another story!
    I'm so tired of this mantra that I can't stand it. St. Louis football fans are just fine. If they were so bad, this streak would've ended a long time ago. The game is on freaking Christmas Eve for goodness sake.

But past that let's recognize that St. Louis has one of the worst deals for season ticket holders out there. Our share of PSLs to season ticket holders is one of the highest in professional sports.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Negatives:
    It's Christmas Eve
    Washington Redskins are 5-9
    Fans have written off the Rams for this season.

Positives:
    This should be a very entertaining game. It's the last home game of the season.
    Playing indoors at the friendly confines of the Dome. (No Weather issues)
    The Packers won last night over the Vikings.
    We are still alive in the playoff scenario.
    We've had alot of big games this season...this is do or die.

GO GET EM RAMS!!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    We are still alive in the playoff scenario.
    We've had alot of big games this season...this is do or die.

GO GET EM RAMS!!
    Yeah! Thats what I'm talkin' about "Pre-game" hype!!! This game has playoff implications. Hopefully next weeks game does too!

As for "The Streak" congrats St. Louie. You would never get that kind of streak in Los Angeles. As for blackouts Los Angeles is blacked out permanently. No NFL ticket, No Rams football!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

moklerman is offline Registered User

I'm not terribly moved one way or the other about this news. It's a meaningless streak since so many Rams homes games have been sellouts thanks to corporate/team/NFL buyouts at the last minute. It's been 10 years so it's understandable that the newness has worn off but it would be nice if a St. Louis fan gave a little back to LA fans who were chided for not selling out all the time...especially at the end of '94.

St. Louis fans aren't any different than any other fans and shouldn't be expected to support a losing franchise. Start winning and the attendance will go back up.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by a SOCAL fan
    Hey, way to "support our team" STL fans...
    Quote Originally Posted by another SOCAL fan
    the proof is in the pudding my friends that STL doesnt deserve this team
    Seriously guys, are we really going to go over this yet again. They sold 95% of the tickets for this game. First non-sellout since moving to town. All the bitter remarks in the world is not going to bring the Rams back to LA.

A slack season against a non-division opponent on Christmas Eve...oddly enough I don't think a move back to LA would have done better than 95% of the tickets either.

Can we move on now to talk football or is the LA vs. STL thing going to linger through the holidays?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bigredman is offline Registered User

I am pooling a number of investors to build a stadium in my backyard here in Stockton for the Rams. This news of a none sell out is EXACTLY what I need to pull this off! By the way, members of ClanRam...tickets to games...comped!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12