Bigtime is offline Registered User

No reason why we shouldn't be 4-0 by October 3

I know we must take this thing one game at a time, but we should beat the ***** and our special teams shouldn't let us down this time around.
    The Cardinals will actually be a pretty good game--I've heard all sorts of new stadium and hype over Edgerrin James--so they're not the same ol' Cardinals just yet...unless Warner or Edge go down.
    Lions aren't too fierce, Martz's offense will be fine but Detroit's still pretty weak. So unless we dog it in Arizona's new stadium, we should be 4-0. No reason why we can't make Alex Smith look like the lost little rookie he was last season and shut Frank Gore's trap up inside. Haslett has to be licking his chops right along with his players and assistants.

Hopefully our red zone offense will be better and Bulger will play smarter and find the open man even if it means finding the guy in the flat or shorter routes. He appears to be forcing it into the guy in the end zone. That's aggressive and I like that, but he should simply find the open guy.

If Incognito and Steussie don't work out--they should against a very average Niner front seven--We should go with Larry Turner at Center, Richie at LG. Turner's paid his dues, let him play! Otherwise, if we're fine, great.

I want to see our run blocking and red zone abilities this Sunday. Both should be great but keep in mind it's only the Niners and they are like a great college team who should certainly win the BCS CHampionship but not much in the NFL just yet. They are young and we're aging but during the next 3 seasons we should be set. The Cardinals however, if Matt Leinart ends up living up to his billing and plays all right after his first full season as a starter, keep an eye out on them.

supachump is offline Registered User

Re: No reason why we shouldn't be 4-0 by October 3

Games against the niners are never easy. The Lions totally ate up the Seahawks offense. And the Cardinals are looking pretty good on offense. I dont think it will be that easy.

Like you said. One game at a time. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Lets take it easy, and enjoyt the sport we love by our favorite team. Remember it's nothing more than a game. Fans I think to often get immersed in the team and not the game. I myself am a football fan first, and a Rams fan second. That way when they loose my whole week aint shot, it's just a big let down for about an half hour or so.

Now all that being said I think there's no reason we shouldn't be 4-0, but let's get SF out the way then, let's see about the Cards.

My focus is we have to win all our home games, and all our division games. That places us at 11-5 throw in an extra game. And that's a great season.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

No reason why we can't make Alex Smith look like the lost little rookie he was last season and shut Frank Gore's trap up inside. Haslett has to be licking his chops right along with his players and assistants.
    With a banged O line, I hope that Haslett has some nice blitz packages lined up. Stopping Gore needs to be a priority though. The only other offensive player that has be worried is Davis. If the LB's or Safeties take care of him it should be a decisive victory.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Um, I can see the Rams getting upset in any of these games. The 'Niners and Cards are going to play us hard, and the Lions did a good job stopping Seattle. People need to calm down and not get carried away about one win. We looked good, but we won't know what kind of team St. Louis is until they can sustain their performances over multiple games.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

C'mon Nick get on the train....it's fun.

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

from 83-99 i would be thinking this year we gonna win the superbowl,when trent green went down and Dickie V annnounced glassy eyed that our new QB was out for the season for the first time i doubted that we ever would get our hands on the lombardi trophy-the rest is history.... so im trying to be like i was in sept 99!

Go Rams!!!

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

I know its a shame but when the rams lose I can't even watch any football highlights I just feel dissappointed and on top of that I gotta hear the talk from my friends who teams have gotten a win that week not only that my mom is a jet fan so when the rams lose and jets win its hell to pay when I get home from work
    Torry Holt Dont play that

Alec22 is offline Registered User

WE HAVE to stop bryant, he had over 100 yards reciving last week and is there only threat i think in the passing game. He must be stopped.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    WE HAVE to stop bryant, he had over 100 yards reciving last week and is there only threat i think in the passing game. He must be stopped.
    Pretty sure they've got a guy named Vernon Davis that can be a pretty dangerous target in the passing game. Rams have a history of not covering tight ends that well. Davis could have a big game.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Pretty sure they've got a guy named Vernon Davis that can be a pretty dangerous target in the passing game. Rams have a history of not covering tight ends that well. Davis could have a big game.
    Davis showed a hint of what he's capable of with a 31 yard TD on his first NFL catch, but had only 6 yards on his other 4 grabs. He also had a fumble, which hopefully is in his head.

How we defend him is something I'll be watching with interest.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    of those 114 yards thast antonio bryant had, 60 of those yards were in mop up time, when the niners were just chucking the ball hoping to get down the field. yes bryant is their number one threat but whenever bryant has faced a tough bump and run defense since he was in dallas to clevland he has not fared well...

rampete is offline Registered User

one way to neutralize v. davis's pass catching and running prowess is to blitz and blitz often...

unless our secondary really falters or a. smith has a career day, our pass rush should be able to expose the niners pass-protection inexperience at the RB and TE position.

of course, the niners will counter this by going to the run often and screens, so the onus will on the front 7 of the rams to contain their RBs to minimal gains...