Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no signings??

RamWraith is offline Registered User

no signings??

Wow!! We are getting to mid-July and we have no one signed yet. The Bears have just wrapped up ALL their picks. Anyone have any scoop to the poop??

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: no signings??

Is Ziggy up to his old hard line tricks again??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

maineram is offline Registered User

Really can't see Ziggy playing hardball with any picks this year. This is his year to look good after ousting Martz (helping) ! Showing he is the man but able to work with the staff as the second in command. Shaw being first of course.
    That being said...let's get those pics in and have em ready for July 26th !!!

Maineram - :clanram:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by maineram
    Really can't see Ziggy playing hardball with any picks this year. This is his year to look good after ousting Martz (helping) ! Showing he is the man but able to work with the staff as the second in command. Shaw being first of course.
    That being said...let's get those pics in and have em ready for July 26th !!!

Maineram - :clanram:

yeah, but it kind of does worry me to an extent. I'm not sure how many other NFL teams have signed with their draft picks, so ehh who knows, but I really love the guys we drafted, I want them!!!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

majorram is offline Registered User

Looking at other teams, there doesn't seem to be that much activity!!! I think teams like to gauge what other teams give their draft picks in salary and then that sets a standard across the leaque...

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

There's a lot of infrastructure in the FO that is still being laid. New roles and new personnel in the suits, not to mention the coaches. I would think Shaw would want everything in proper order within Rams Park before they start bringing in agents to wheel and deal. There's still 3 weeks until camp, and with the exception of the first day picks, the rookie contracts are fairly standard anyway.

If we get within a week of camp and still nobody is signed, we might want to raise an eyebrow.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    There's a lot of infrastructure in the FO that is still being laid. New roles and new personnel in the suits, not to mention the coaches. I would think Shaw would want everything in proper order within Rams Park before they start bringing in agents to wheel and deal. There's still 3 weeks until camp, and with the exception of the first day picks, the rookie contracts are fairly standard anyway.

If we get within a week of camp and still nobody is signed, we might want to raise an eyebrow.
    Hubison, you know me, I'm just a worrier :sad:

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6
    Hubison, you know me, I'm just a worrier :sad:
    I understand. It's just that time of the year, V. Nothing to do, but hurry up and wait.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rams#1 Guest

I'm sure we have signed somebody, we are probaly just keeping it hid.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams#1
    I'm sure we have signed somebody, we are probaly just keeping it hid.
    Quote Originally Posted by rams#1
    I meant not announcing it until training camp.
    I admire your zeal to get on here and post rams#1. Really I do, but come on. "hiding" a signing until training camp? Where do you come up with this stuff? Settle down son. Right now, there's nothing happening. Stop inventing nonsensical polls, and just read stuff from the vets here. Do some research before commenting, and you'll be fine. Hope you come to the Bash...I'll buy you a beer or cocktail of your choice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I'm sure they'll get them signed. I just believe that Zygmount and Shaw are working on finishing up on the Front Office. The Front Office is more important to me, but I believe in the next 10 Days we'll sign all of them. I'm not worried one bit.
    RamsFan16

RealRam is online now Registered User

There's a lot of infrastructure in the FO that is still being laid. New roles and new personnel in the suits, not to mention the coaches. I would think Shaw would want everything in proper order within Rams Park before they start bringing in agents to wheel and deal. -- HUbison
    Exactly. Signings will likely commence THIS third week of July. One, maybe two players and then steadily thereafter. It's the time of the season.

GO FOR THE GOLD!

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Look at this ttp://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/9558933

Tennesse has already signed six of their 10 draft picks and we still havent signed 1

Roman18 is offline Registered User

If you look at the news the Titans waited to announce 6 signings. I'm sure they didn't happen all at once. I hope that is the Ram stategy and not some long drawn out signing period. Particularly the #'s 1 thru 3 picks.
    Roman18

bruce4life is offline Registered User

only 3 out of the first 67 draft picks are signed right now... teams for the past few years wait a little bit longer on signing picks to see how much money other teams are giving their picks... im not worried at all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast