Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: No surprise: Rams blowing chance to land top coaches

I don't see Pace coming back and that is a major loss. So we go to the draft with what I feel are a lot of holes to fill and no left tackle
    You think Pace is going to call it a career?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Glad to see optimism still abounds in St. Louis. I'm sure there is some truth to this, but I can't take him seriously when he says that "it isn't unfair to say that every other NFL team with staff openings has far more appealing situations than the Rams."

Detriot isn't exactly a plum coaching job. Neither is offensive coordinator in Baltimore. I wouldn't be all that enthusiastic taking over in Atlanta, either. Maybe we aren't moving fast enough and certainly there's an issue about job security here, but Burwell kind of sounds like Chicken Little here.

Yodude is offline Registered User

txramsfan I am surprised that you want to do anything positive for anybody with all the griping you do around here
    I apologize if this is negaitive or offensive.....but that's gotta be one of the stupidest posts I've read in a while.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

It's about time someone covering the Rams had the guts to stand up and blast the FO like this. Kudos to you, Bryan Burwell. Hopefully 2008 is the year we can say good riddance to these chumps.

:l

-jake-
    Last edited by evil disco man; -01-09-2008 at 08:57 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man View Post
    It's about time someone covering the Rams had the guts to stand up and blast the FO like this. Kudos to you, Bryan Burwell. Hopefully 2008 is the year we can say good riddance to these chumps.

:l

-Jake-

True. I wish more bad press coming from ESPN, NFLN, S.I., other STL Post-Dispatch writers, etc., would amount to the necessary pressure on the Rams FO to either react intelligently and responsibly or, to simply ... get out of the way.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Wow...that article kinda hurt...

It all depends on what happens next season...if Linehan screws up (again) we could start with a whole new slate.

However...if Linehan gets his act together, maybe a big name coach will want to be a part of this team...

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

It goes beyond Linehan though, and that's our problem. I'm not sure how much control he has right now given his job's on the line. The FO has to be the one to hire new people, Linehan doesn't have that kind of power. He can give his two cents but that's it. The FO has to get on the ball. If they get rid of Linehan after this meeting, then we should picket.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    txramsfan I am surprised that you want to do anything positive for anybody with all the griping you do around here
    How about: Isn't it nice to have a forum where we can vent our frustrations and gripe up a storm if we feel like it??

St.Louis Ram 56 is offline Registered User

Ok who is out there as an assumable coaching talent the Rams can choose to get us back into position to be a contender...I've been scouring the availability of whats out there, is bleak,,,where do we go, If it where me managing this thing I might consider Haslett, I guess i feel comfortable with a Linebacker Coach))) ...I think he is better than Linehan, I don't see wasting another year of nurturing a mediocre Season at best.. Geat observations in this blog!!!

You guys Rock...

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Angry Re: No surprise: Rams blowing chance to land top coaches

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Talent on the field is only part of the overall equation. "Big name" coaches want what most everybody else wants: job security and a stable working situation. This chicken *bleep* 'organization' can provide neither, and this is a big consideration when trying to lure quality people to work for you. As I believe HUbison has previously documented, the GSOT years were but a blip on the loser radar screen that is the Rams under this ownership.

WHAT SAY YE?
    Sadly you are so correct. I wish a new owner/FO could be had now.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Come on, this is what we do with free agents too. We let other teams take the big name players and then we try to make due with the second tier players. Why do it any differently with coaches? Especially when we already have such a solid coaching staff to build on... I would say that the Rams are just trying to bide time until next season when Bill Cowher makes himself available, but I don't for a minute think this team is going to shell out the kind of money that he is going to command.

blood85 is offline Registered User

What did you guys expect? With that F.O. running our team, it's back to the 90's Lambs....They should be stripped of their horns until they start resembling anything close to an NFL franchise.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Wait...

I'm in no way, shape or form sold by this article. We're not even two weeks from the close of the regular season, and by my count, there's been ONE significant hiring, that being Mike Martz in San Francisco. (you could make a case for Parcells in Miami, too; but he's not a coach anymore)

I struggle to accept that we are that far behind the 8 ball when nobody else has made any waves, either.

Besides- By rights, the 'top coaches' in this league haven't even hit the open market yet. The top coaches in today's league are those who coach their respective units to the playoffs. Therefore, speaking in terms of 'what have you done for me lately', there are no top coaches to swipe at, as the top coaches, by rights, are those of the organisations still in championship contention.

Al Saunders would be a great fit. Playoff team, won with Todd Collins at QB, proven and successful NFL coach for a long time.

Cam Cameron is coming off the worst record in the NFL as a Head Coach, ad he made some questionable calls, too; he traded away the team's best reciever, Chris Chambers. Mr. Superconcussion himself, Trent Green, was to bethe starter. He was not insured, and for the second time in two years, Cleo Lemon had significant playing time. I won't even go into the Tedd Ginn Jr. Debacle. However, he has his merits as a co-ordinator (look at San Diego), though the play of his offense this season didn't do much to display it.

Bottom line, if you want to pick from the coaching tree of the Jags, Colts, Pats, Packers or Cowboys, you may be waiting a little while. At the moment, everyone else is second servings.

There's still plenty of time.

(I hope)
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -01-10-2008 at 09:06 AM.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    How about: Isn't it nice to have a forum where we can vent our frustrations and gripe up a storm if we feel like it??
    Yeah, it is. Some of you guys just get so gloomy. Sometimes I think to myself that I just want to gather you gripers up and buy you all a beer and cheer you up a little.

I am going to wait and see what this team can do without 4 thousand injuries, before I act like we are the worst team in the history of football and no decent coach or player would ever want to come to this barren wasteland.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Yeah, it is. Some of you guys just get so gloomy. Sometimes I think to myself that I just want to gather you gripers up and buy you all a beer and cheer you up a little.

I am going to wait and see what this team can do without 4 thousand injuries, before I act like we are the worst team in the history of football and no decent coach or player would ever want to come to this barren wasteland.
    Much agreed! Since none of you actually work for the St. Louis Rams, how can you make assumptions as to what they are doing? How do you know that they haven't talked to Cam Cameron or Al Saunders? For all you know, they could already have an agreement with someone.

Do you think they are going to make every move they make public?

Geez, it's January. There is NOTHING you can do to help the Rams make a good decision. Pipe down and relax a little. There are many months to go to spread the frustration across ....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-09-2008, 12:12 PM