Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    moloch41 is offline Registered User

Re: No surprise: Rams blowing chance to land top coaches

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Much agreed! Since none of you actually work for the St. Louis Rams, how can you make assumptions as to what they are doing? How do you know that they haven't talked to Cam Cameron or Al Saunders? For all you know, they could already have an agreement with someone.

Do you think they are going to make every move they make public?

Geez, it's January. There is NOTHING you can do to help the Rams make a good decision. Pipe down and relax a little. There are many months to go to spread the frustration across ....
    I think the fact that the season ended 2 weeks ago and our coach and FO isn't even meeting until next week is a bad sign. There doesn't seem to be any urgency to fix this thing, but I guess as long as they keep selling PSLs, why should they?

jquarando is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I think the fact that the season ended 2 weeks ago and our coach and FO isn't even meeting until next week is a bad sign. There doesn't seem to be any urgency to fix this thing, but I guess as long as they keep selling PSLs, why should they?
    I think everyone needs to calm it down.The rams seemed to have fired their OC and OL coach without this "meeting." Calm it down folks because I think stuff can get done without this "meeting." Just cause its not in the media doesnt mean they are not working the phones and making deals. Like someone else said alot of the good coaches are uninterviewable right now due to them being in the playoffs. So far the only coach they have blown their chances at getting is Martz and the FO and media ran him out of town a couple years ago.
    Last edited by jquarando; -01-10-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jquarando View Post
    I think everyone needs to calm it down.The rams seemed to have fired their OC and OL coach without this "meeting." Calm it down folks because I think stuff can get done without this "meeting." Just cause its not in the media doesnt mean they are not working the phones and making deals. Like someone else said alot of the good coaches are uninterviewable right now due to them being in the playoffs. So far the only coach they have blown their chances at getting is Martz and the FO and media ran him out of town a couple years ago.
    Well see if you're still saying that when we wind up with another Lineabuddy a week before the draft starts... Hopefully we're all wrong.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    You think Pace is going to call it a career?
    Pace has had too many injuries , the last 2 season ending I think. So yeah i do thnik he is gonna call it. either way even if he comes back it won't be but a year or 2. So in that light we stil need a tackle..............Quality tackle, not the ones that leave Bulger to be killed. That 2 brings up the need for a QB. Bulger may have gotten the new contract , but we may have to eat that like the KW one. Oh yeah the front office is in disarray with the whole Georgia thing, Mainly cause they will be moving out of STL.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

And how exactly do you know that they aren't/haven't met yet?

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Oh yeah the front office is in disarray with the whole Georgia thing, Mainly cause they will be moving out of STL.
    Who is they -- the Rams, the current FO, or both??

And how exactly do you know that they aren't/haven't met yet?

I don't- but what makes you think they did? The history of this organization along with the ineptitude of this coaching regime would lead me to believe that I'm right.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I don't- but what makes you think they did? The history of this organization along with the ineptitude of this coaching regime would lead me to believe that I'm right.
    Early 1999, this organization was in shambles. Dick Vermeil was a lame duck, and it appeared that this franchise was doomed to be a loser forever ...

Then, this organization created a Super Bowl squad out of nowhere by some very shrewd movements in free agency and some major coaching staff shake ups ....

Those moves yielded a very successful five year period for this franchise ...

Many thought it was impossible then ....

It could happen again ...

Javaman is offline Registered User

"According to the Rams' website, the NFL informed the Rams coaching staff that it will not be invited to work the Senior Bowl on Jan. 26 even though it's a custom to invite the teams with the two worst records to coach the college seniors who will participate in the Senior Bowl."

I wonder if this means the Rams will trade the #2 pick in the draft.

jquarando is offline Registered User

Early 1999, this organization was in shambles. Dick Vermeil was a lame duck, and it appeared that this franchise was doomed to be a loser forever ...

Then, this organization created a Super Bowl squad out of nowhere by some very shrewd movements in free agency and some major coaching staff shake ups ....

Yeah Moloch quit being such a debbie downer

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Oh yeah the front office is in disarray with the whole Georgia thing, Mainly cause they will be moving out of STL.
    Uh, do you have a link to that theory ?

5 yrs out of how many? I'd say they've fielded a loser far longer than they have a winner.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Javaman View Post
    I wonder if this means the Rams will trade the #2 pick in the draft.
    Why do you think that? They'll still be able to go and scout players during practice and the game, just won't be in the advantageous position of coaching them as well.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Why do you think that? They'll still be able to go and scout players during practice and the game, just won't be in the advantageous position of coaching them as well.
    I think that beyond the obvious- this is also a not too veiled acknowledgement that they have no faith in the Lineham coaching machine. They were passed over in favor of another disfunctional staff and that is pretty sad.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think that beyond the obvious- this is also a not too veiled acknowledgement that they have no faith in the Lineham coaching machine.
    Seems like a bit of a stretch. If anything it's favoritism for the San Francisco organization, which has now coached a Senior Bowl team for three years in a row. There are five teams with worse records than the ***** this year that got passed over, and eight teams last year with worse records who were passed over for the Niners. That seems more logical of a conclusion to draw, but even that is probably unlikely. It would be entirely unprofessional of the NFL to play favorites with who got to coach this game. But regardless, the NFL needs to give another organization the opportunity.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-09-2008, 12:12 PM