Thread: No Whining!

djccon is offline Registered User

Exclamation No Whining!

I haven't had the heart to read a whole lot about what others are saying about yesterday's game, but I'm tired of "the official's call." from what little I've heard. For ny to even SUGGEST Garnes didn't grab Canidate just dumbfounds me. How far did his jersey need to be stretched for them to feel the call was justified? Add to that, the possession on which they got their 3rd field goal - on which one of the ny DBs was hammering on Holt's arms WITHOUT LOOKING BACK FOR THE BALL. Where the he** was THAT call? There are FOUR more points on the board for us.

I suggest ny should be THRILLED what the refs DIDN'T do to them. What about the repeated headlocks placed on Wistrom and Little that were NEVER called? The tackle where the guy grabbed Holt's helmet to pull him down - ummmmm, sorry folks, but you cannot use ANY part of a ball carrier's helmet in an attempt to tackle the runner - remember Fletcher getting that called against him (using the back of Deuce Staley's helmet to pull him down) in Philly?

Props to the Giants and the scheme they put in place to throttle the Rams down. Don't cheapen by whining about it being taken away from you. You had as much given to you as you had taken away.

As for us Rams fans, we all know we escaped by skin of our teeth. However, when you play a very GOOD team, play without your A game, and still win...well, that takes a GREAT team.

Twinguns is offline Registered User
    No whining needed. That was not the best game I have seen, but for our Defence to give up only 2 scores and ny to give up 3 that makes for a well fought battle. I loved it, there was many no calls and a couple of should not have called but thats football. There was serious hitting going on from both sides and emotions running strong. Neither gave up. Both defences should finish in the top 6 or 7. But The RAMS are still undefeated.
    Twinguns

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    No offense, but I'm tired of the excuse for bad calling by officials as "that's football". If the players can't get away with having their socks too high or their knees showing, why should officials get away with bad calls, or in our case, no calls? I am impressed with the fact that the Rams are able to pull a win out of the hat despite all the bias the officials show. How much better would that game have turned out if they hadn't been?
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

Twinguns is offline Registered User

No offense taken.

Of course you are right. We might have been better with the replacements. Some of the zebras deserve praise and some deserve respect. But too many leave me scratching my head. Still was good to see our warriors overcome and get the job done. The way our Defence is coming together an our woo hits coming in bunches I can't wait for more.
    Twinguns