rammiser is offline Registered User

The Non Doom and Gloom game view

This is the non doom and gloom version of a pre-season game. For those of you already packing it in for the season, just rediculous. Don't tell me you've been a Rams fan since the early seventies if this bother you this much. If that is the case I cant see how you made it through the 80's and early 90's.

Ok now for my game view.

QB

Bulger was fine when he had time. Still doesnt seem to be fully confident in the line but that will come as the pre-season rolls along. His INT was totally Leonards fault right through his hands and right into Bulloks hands. Out of Bulgers 9 pass attempts he was pressured pretty heavily on 5 of them. Memo to Titans no matter how seriously you take the pre-season the ring from 99 is still ours. Green looked terrible, very rusty. Berlin looked good against the second and third string of the Titans. He had a nice throw to Looker to set up the Rams only TD. Gradkowski has nice scrambling abilitiy which he needed with our 3rd string o-line.

O-line

Pace said it himself he was a little rusty and looked like it a few times. The o-line was a bit shaky at times but did settle down for a nice drive for a fg with Bulger still in there. O-line just needs to gel and I thnk they will be pretty good.

RB

Need another reason why Jackson is the most important player to this offense? Pittman and Leonard demand zero respect from the Titans which may be one reason they pressured Bulger so easily. Leonard would be better if used like a Chris Colley h-back he just isnt a good running back. Pittman will make a nice backup to Jackson when he comes back.

WR

Well not a lot to talk about here. Bennett didnt drop one pass which was nice to see. Hall had some nice catches and only had 1 kickoff return. Holt was in and out of the lineup. He wasnt in there when Bulger got picked off. Looker made some Nice catches when Berlin was in there. Not much taken from Burton he didnt have any catches. Caldwell had one nice catch and broke a tackle to get a first down.

D-line

Pretty lousy no matter which string defense was in there. Long looked lost at times and didnt have any tackles or any pressures on the qb. He was pretty average in his first real action. This is the only real concern was how many rush yds they gave up no matter who was in there. Again it's pre-season and I dont take too much out of that. Eric Moore is a good backup and he only messed up once when he lost contain on that Martin kid.

LB

Witherspoon didnt play and I thought Culberson and mcgarigle played pretty well. Mcgarigle had two nice hits on Chris Johnson. Chris Johnson will make a nice change of pace back. He did nothing against our first stringers but blasted untouched through our d with a 66 yarder. I dont like Magro that much I usually see him just getting ran over.

DB

Chavous still sucks. Bartell had some plays with some nice coverage. Otogwe being out hurts the d just like not having Brown and Witherspoon does. King looked ok in coverage and so did Wade. Tye Hill made a stop on one of the rb's that broke through the line. They didnt throw his way much.

Outlook

Our starting defense only surrendered 3 ponts to the Titans and had a big 4th down stop inside the 10. Oh no the sky is falling our starting d gave up 3 points to the Titans. The score when the starters went out was 10-3 Titans not exactly getting thrashed. The offense was starting to move the ball with Bulger and they got 3 and Linehan benched the starters. NO INJURIES YES!!! How people can take so much from a play standpoint of the Rams when the starters were only in for 3 series is beyond me. Spoon,Atogwe and Brown all were missing on defense and no Jackson on offense yet many of you are calling it a season already. I'm sure we'd all like to see the Rams win but I'd rather see them win in the regular season. My outlook for the Rams is the same between 8-10 wins and a shot at the playoffs barring major injury. The offense didnt do anything fancy they were pretty vanilla. The same with the defense, didnt really show a lot of different looks. Why you ask because it's pre-season. So if you want to call it a season quit watching now and let us enjoy our Rams. Go watch baseball or something because I am a die hard Rams fan and I've watched the worst of seasons and I watch every game. This is nothing compared to 80's and early 90's. They may not always be the best but I love them. I still have hope and still had hope last year after our first win. So for those of you ending the season already do us a favor and at least wait untill they play a real game and if they play that bad let them have it!

Just Fix It

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: The Non Doom and Gloom game view

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Don't tell me you've been a Rams fan since the early seventies if this bother you this much. If that is the case I cant see how you made it through the 80's and early 90's.
    Hmmm......I'm sure I said since the 60's. Nothing bother me this much, not even game views from guys who can't see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Hmmm......I'm sure I said since the 60's. Nothing bother me this much, not even game views from guys who can't see.

I can see fine it's called pre-season. Apparantly you didnt watch many games through the years huh. When did color television come out again. Time to upgrade dont you think?
    Just Fix It

Ben56 is offline Registered User

McGarigle registered two assists on D (his solo was on ST) in a half plus of play (he was the starting MLB). He didnt appear to be able to shed blockers and was consistently pushed downfield 7-10 yds. He looked ok blitzing when no one picked him up, but Vince Young made a fool out of him twice on one run.

I'm not trying to be a doom and gloom fan, but I think the Rams have serious depth issues at LB. That lack of depth could be a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben56 View Post
    McGarigle registered two assists on D (his solo was on ST) in a half plus of play (he was the starting MLB). He didnt appear to be able to shed blockers and was consistently pushed downfield 7-10 yds. He looked ok blitzing when no one picked him up, but Vince Young made a fool out of him twice on one run.

I'm not trying to be a doom and gloom fan, but I think the Rams have serious depth issues at LB. That lack of depth could be a big problem.
    I saw Mcgarigle stand Johnson up by himself in the hole they didnt credit him for that?
    Just Fix It

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

When did color television come out again. Time to upgrade dont you think?
    RCA invented the first color TV between 1946-50. A bit of a crude unit. RCA later improved on the prototype and sales began in 1954.

Yes, I took the upgrade plunge last year to a 50" HD Plasma. It is very nice. Of course that led to spending more money by upgrading the Directv system to HD. Personally I think it was worth it. I love watching Rams games in HD!

Ben56 is offline Registered User

I saw Mcgarigle stand Johnson up by himself in the hole they didnt credit him for that?
    He did make that play. My mistake. He also finished off young on Culberson sack and got half credit. By my count they missed an assist as well. Statistically that seems as though he did ok as a play maker, but the Titans ran the ball for more than 150 in the first half when he was in at MLB.