Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Non-football thoughts from the Bash

1. Dez and Moira know how to throw a party!

2. Nobody can ever question Pisa Tinoisamoa's heart. When others were hanging their head (or worse) on the sidelines, PT was still cheering on the offense; moving up and down the bench smacking people around trying to get them up. Not to mention contributing at the WILL. You just gotta love Pisa T.

3. I could spend every minute of every day talking to MajorRam and Mrs. MajorRam. Two of the most pleasant people to have a conversation with, and I am a sucker for a British accent. Cheers to you both, and looking forward to next year.

4. I was blessed with the privilege of having dinner on Saturday with AV, his brother, & girlfriend/fiance (not sure about that one; correct me if need be, AV). Until recently, I worked out at the same gym as Brad Pitt's brother, Doug. Doug Pitt bears a striking resemblence to AV's brother. So do the math with me......

If Brad Pitt's brother is to Brad Pitt, AS Av's brother is to AV......AND Brad Pitt's brother is in appearance EQUAL TO AV's brother.......THEN wouldn't logic dictate that in appearance AV = Brad Pitt?

So I have to ask the question........what the heck went wrong with THAT equation?

5. It's a good thing we stood up the entire game, because there was NO WAY that laram and I were going to fit in those little bitty seats next to each other. Seriously, Dez.......me and laram make up nearly 13 feet and better than a quarter-ton of Rams fan..........AND YOU SIT US NEXT TO EACH OTHER ?!?!?

6. Speaking of me and laram, with a sea of "1"s and "3"s being shouted, only he and I stood out boldly with our proclamation of "2"!

That's right, we are the kings of the Helmet Shuffle Game.

7. If RamPower didn't spend the early 80's as a member of Devo, I'll be shocked.

8. Did Maui's wife actually hold any winning raffle tickets, or just "claim" to have every winning raffle ticket?

9. We were within a hairs-breadth of watching a fist fight between a Steelers fan (RamGram's son) and an Eagles fan (Alpha's wife). Seriously folks, you can see ANYTHING at the Bash!

10. Okay, I can understand the players being tired and frustrated after the game, but.......for pete's sake, sign a couple of autographs. And I'm not talking every livin'-in-mom's-basement-40-year-old-virgin dude that pushes a program under their nose. I'm talking about kids who may be at their very first game (like OldSchool's daughter). Guys, you obviously didn't do your job ON the field....at least do it OFF the field! To that extent, here's some kudos:

Adam Carriker - You, sir, gained much respect from this bison. Carriker signed for EVERY, as in E-V-E-R-Y person that wanted an autograph. You're the man!

Richie Incognito - Okay, maybe he didn't sign "every" autograph, but he got several in as well.

Anthony Becht - With your kid at your side, you spent time signing. You could have just scooped him up and gone on your way, but you stuck around. Nice job.

Ron Bartell - As the only member of the secondary who performed ON the field, you were also the only one OFF the field. Kudos.

In fact, the line in general (Schuening, Greco, Leckey, Romberg, even Barron) signed and stopped for pictures. The lone exception......Pace.

On the flip side of the coin:

OJ Atogwe - Having your headphones on means you can't hear the fans, not that you are invisible to the fans. And how horrible that those kids are begging you, by name, for an autograph; you look them IN THE EYE and keep on walking. Sad.

The other tactic that I found funny was for a player to walk out of the dome with their phone to their ear, walk through the line across the street and enter the other building, all the while oblivious to the fans shouting their name, because they were --wink, wink-- "on the phone". Yea, numbnuts, next time at least move your mouth like you're having a conversation. Unless ALL those displaying this tactic had Joe Biden on the other end of the phone, NOBODY could go that long in a conversation without talking.

If a player doesn't want to sign, then fine. Put on a shirt that says "I'm a douche who doesn't mind disappointing children" and keep walking.

11. Dez and Moira know how to throw a party! Did I say that already?
    Last edited by HUbison; -09-15-2008 at 01:26 PM.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

krist042 Guest

Re: Non-football thoughts from the Bash

Did Linehan sign any autographs?

general counsel is offline Registered User

Pace has been a notoriously difficult signer for many many years. The actual signature is terrible, its really just an O and a P.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

moloch41 Guest

Well, are you going to "Out" the guy faking the phone call or what?

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Well, are you going to "Out" the guy faking the phone call or what?
    I wish I could, but I didn't recognize him. He was a large, muscular black man. Not really descriptive, I know. Sorry.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    4. I was blessed with the privilege of having dinner on Saturday with AV, his brother, & girlfriend/fiance (not sure about that one; correct me if need be, AV). Until recently, I worked out at the same gym as Brad Pitt's brother, Doug. Doug Pitt bears a striking resemblence to AV's brother. So do the math with me......

If Brad Pitt's brother is to Brad Pitt, AS Av's brother is to AV......AND Brad Pitt's brother is in appearance EQUAL TO AV's brother.......THEN wouldn't logic dictate that in appearance AV = Brad Pitt?

So I have to ask the question........what the heck went wrong with THAT equation?
    That sounds about right. Now if I could just get Jennifer Aniston to stop leaving me those late night voice mails...

As for HUbison... he looks like he could suit up for the Rams.

Great finally meeting you in person, big guy!

Quote Originally Posted by AV
    Great finally meeting you in person, big guy!
    Same here, hoss. Already looking forward to next year.

moloch41 Guest

Ron Bartell - As the only member of the secondary who performed ON the field, you were also the only one OFF the field. Kudos.
    See, I heard differently. Rumor has it that Tye Hill was there to sign autographs, but when someone threw him a pen, it went over his head and someone else caught it. Yes, I know- a low blow....see, there I go again...

See, I heard differently. Rumor has it that Tye Hill was there to sign autographs, but when someone threw him a pen, it went over his head and someone else caught it. Yes, I know- a low blow....see, there I go again...
    ---rimshot---

Thanks for coming out tonight, folks. Moloch will be doing two shows on Saturday. Seating for his matinee opens at 2:00pm. Don't forget to tip your waitress and drive safely.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I am a sucker for a British accent.
    I think i'm in with a chance!!

But seriously I can't wait to go to a Bash, when i finish the student life i will make it to at least one. Just a few questions about the bash:

1. Do you all call each other by usernames?

2. Is cider available?

3. (more aimed at a Brit) How much should money should i look to put aside to go to the Bash?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Mr. Moloch, desite our much misaligned relationship, this is one of the funniest things I have read in a LONG, LONG time .... rep points to you!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

OJ Atogwe - Having your headphones on means you can't hear the fans, not that you are invisible to the fans. And how horrible that those kids are begging you, by name, for an autograph; you look them IN THE EYE and keep on walking. Sad.

This is surprising to me. Not only did Atogwe sign for me at the Titan's preseason game, but he talked to us for a good 2 minutes ....
    Last edited by HUbison; -09-15-2008 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    This is surprising to me. Not only did Atogwe sign for me at the Titan's preseason game, but he talked to us for a good 2 minutes ....
    Maybe it was just a bad day for him. Everybody has bad days. Understandable.

But for those kids that might be their ONLY day to get his autograph.

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Mr. Moloch, desite our much misaligned relationship, this is one of the funniest things I have read in a LONG, LONG time .... rep points to you!
    Hey, if we can't laugh about this season, all we can do is cry...

TekeRam is offline Registered User

2. In addition to PT, Holt was great trying to get the dome into it after his TD catch. It really seemed at that moment that we maybe, just maybe had a chance.

6. I will swear forever more that the football was under helmet 1, blast it! The game was rigged!

8. Having sat across from Maui and his wife, I can honestly say... SHE'S A CHEAT! Stop her, I think she stole that poor kid's candy! But no, she's lovely and quite fun to talk to, and I ALMOST talked her into trading her Chris Long jersey for my 2007 Clan T-shirt. Almost. Until Maui told her it was over $100 on ebay. Blast you Maui!

9. I guess we're lucky that Dez put us out on the wing, or else my wife, the Bill Cowher, and thusly Steelers, fan that she is would have certainly brought that conflict to a rolling boil.

10. A shame that I missed out on AC and Bartell, but waiting down on the side exit like we did last year, I got some good quality autographs. Cogs was really nice last year, and that was the game he got hurt too, so I'm not surprised he stopped and signed this year. Did he have an amazingly smoking hot girlfriend with him? He had one that was definitely playboy material last year.

Donnie Avery came out and I got his, and I think Burton came out a little after him, but I didn't know who he was(until I looked at his program picture afterwards) so I didn't ask for an autograph.

Pisa came out with a whole big bunch of his family, and I got his sig again. He's really a good friendly guy. Actually truth be told, he has a brother or something that looks just like him so I actually asked his brother for his autograph, and he laughed, saying "I would, but I think you want his".

Bulger, who thankfully did NOT come out with his hand wrapped in ice and with an entorage like last year, wisking him away as a 10 yr old kid ran after him, was pleasant, and easily signed for the couple of us who asked.

The best story for a sig was Chris Long's, and many reps to OldSchool for this one. OldSchool saw Long come to the exit and hesitate when he saw the crowd. A security guard then pointed down to the exit where I was waiting. So, Oldschool left his daughter up at the main exit while he came down to join me, and told us how he saw Long get pointed in this direction. We waited a couple minutes, and then by golly, he and his hot girlfriend and his other friend come sneaking out quickly and go down the street, only for Oldschool to identify him as the two of us run him down and get his autograph. He was nice enough, but I think he hates the losing. I hope he steps up and takes control of this team as a young leader and that the rest of the guys rally behind him. He'll be great.

11. Yes, thank you tons to Dez and Moira for a wonderful night and day in St. Louis. I already cannot wait till next year.

12. My wife was rather amazed at all of you who were like, "Oh, you're TekeRam? I've been wanting to meet you!". So thank you all for that!
    Last edited by TekeRam; -09-15-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast