Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Re: Non-football thoughts from the Bash

Jerr and I would love to come next year, if you will have us, I seem to be the queen of that ugly red dot.

Jerr's family (Billy Ray, who ever I am married to) lives in St.Louis, and Jerr know's that city like the back of his hand.

Let us us know, so we can plan for it.

I swear Dez needs to change these red dot's to Sienna.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    This is surprising to me. Not only did Atogwe sign for me at the Titan's preseason game, but he talked to us for a good 2 minutes ....
    OJ signed on his way into the Dome .. I know he signed for several kids .. among them were Old School's kids. He signed for us too. We figured that our chances would be better with all the players before the game, but Chris Long shined everyone on as he made his way into the Dome. Glad to hear he did sign for folks on his way out ..

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    8. Did Maui's wife actually hold any winning raffle tickets, or just "claim" to have every winning raffle ticket?
    Actually she did have one ending in 116 (can't remember the first # I think it might have been 7) Apparently she found the initial experience of winning incredibly exhilarating, to the extent that it had a deleterious effect on her close-up vision -- she maintains poor lighting may have been the culprit ..

rampower is offline Registered User

7. If RamPower didn't spend the early 80's as a member of Devo, I'll be shocked.

lies. rotten lies.

Whip it boys!

YouTube - Devo "Whip It"
    Last edited by HUbison; -09-16-2008 at 09:15 AM.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    OJ signed on his way into the Dome .. I know he signed for several kids .. among them were Old School's kids. He signed for us too. We figured that our chances would be better with all the players before the game, but Chris Long shined everyone on as he made his way into the Dome. Glad to hear he did sign for folks on his way out ..
    Well, that is certainly good to hear. I'm glad he at least got to the kids coming in. I still feel bad for those kids he eyeballed and passed on after the game, but he at least got to some before.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Well, that is certainly good to hear. I'm glad he at least got to the kids coming in. I still feel bad for those kids he eyeballed and passed on after the game, but he at least got to some before.
    Yes, he definitely did some on the way in, and I'll give my own little report now:

Before the game:
    1) OJ Did sign and talk some on the way in, I'm sure (not making any excuses) that he was probably not up to it after the game. But at least he started the day off alright.

2) Pisa is one heck of a guy,very friendly and made sure to get everyone that wanted him to sign.

3) Chris Draft was a character and was even trying to get the fans out there before the game fired up, very friendly and now has my respect as a person - Quinton Culberson tagged along and signed and smiled.

4) Donnie Jones was not so talkative but did say he was "ready to go" as he signed for all the kids.

5) Al Saunders was probably the friendliest and most talkative guy coming in (I am NOT going to discuss the game in here ) He, at least in person and before the game, was a great representative for this organization and was great for the kids. It was one kid's 11th b-day and after leaving, 15 minutes later Al came back out with a sideline cap and a program for the kid. I think that was an absolute wonderful thing to do and as an individual, was just a nice thing to do.

6) Cory Chavous- well I can't think of the right expletive to call him. So I'll just leave it be. But as you can tell, I'm not happy with him.

7) At least we got a small wave out of SJax (heavy sarcasm).

8) Henry Ellard - "I love you man" - Always has been and always will be high on my list.

9) Guy that Hubison was talking about (????) not sure either but he did the same thing before the game... lol

10) Drew Bennett - all I can say is FU. I defended heartily from the beginning, but suffice to say, I'm through with this prick.

11) Chris Long - to his defense was running a bit late but he did stop and sign the B-day boy's helmet real quick before running in.

After the game:

1) I'm completely backing up the comments about Carriker - made sure to get absolutely EVERY person on both sides of the gate and just appeared and talked very down to earth - and even said "here you go sweetheart" to my daughter - I think she has a new crush.

2) Josh Brown - From what I could see - he appeared to get everyone that wanted him to sign.

3) Jonathan Wade - laughed off the fact that everyone was screaming "STEVEN" (gotta be the dreads) and signed anyhow.

4) Others have a better representation of some of the other players since by this point I was waiting to find Chris Long and was focusing on watching inside the building. TekeRam filled you all in on the rest, and needless to say, my jersey now has a Chris Long signature.

Bottom line:

My daughter had an absolutely wonderful experience for her first game ever, and we're focusing on the positives. Some of the players and coaches that were friendly enough to make it a memorable situation; I applaud you!! The other players that chose not to be fan friendly, oh well. Fortunately the others are who made it great, did just that. My daughter probably had one of her most memorable and enjoyable times so far in her short life (mine too honestly). And it would be wrong of me to not put members of the Clan above even the players and coaches at this point. You all made us feel welcome and what a great experience!!!
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

Whoops - My daughter just reminded me that I can't forget about Brian Leonard - he was also very nice...
    Steve

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool
    3) Jonathan Wade - laughed off the fact that everyone was screaming "STEVEN" (gotta be the dreads) and signed anyhow.
    Good point, and one I forgot to mention. I believe certain members of the media are not enamored with Wade, but I must admit he did handle the masses screaming "Steven" and "Mr. Jackson" quite well. He laughed it off, and kept on signing.
    2) Pisa is one heck of a guy,very friendly and made sure to get everyone that wanted him to sign.
    Yet another chance to share my Pisa camp story. I love telling this story, but I'll keep it short.

My wife and I along with our (then) 6-month old son went to Macomb a few years ago. Met several players but none (with the exception of Looker) were as friendly as Pisa Tinoisamoa. He signed for us, and played with my son, even talking baby talk to him. Then he asked if he could hold him. Think about it. A 240-lb man, with a criminal record, who chose to pursue a career in which it is his job to inflict maximum violence on another human being, has just asked me if he can place the fruit of my loins & first-born son in his punish distributing arms. Would I, as a father, allow that?!? Frig yea! I practically threw my boy at Pisa!

I can't wait for him to get a little older so I can tell him that story.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

majorram is offline Registered User

another great bash..............

Great to meet you Kyle.... lis still can't believe that your wife drove 3 hours to pick you up!! If I had tried that, I would of STILL been there LOL, we would have stop over night, had 4 Pee breaks etc... look forward to seeing you again next year!!

great to meet you steve and your family, you just have a nak of getting auotgraphs, next year I will be standing next to you.....

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I guess no one wants us. I shall forever have to be banished to the clanram .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

great to meet you steve and your family, you just have a nak of getting auotgraphs, next year I will be standing next to you..
    It was also great to meet you and Liz, Steve. My daughter absolutely LOVED talking to Liz which was another plus among many. I can't even begin to take credit for the autographs, I think I created a little monster, though....she had so much fun. I think ANYONE could have signed her hat and she would've been happy about it.
    Steve

I guess no one wants us. I shall forever have to be banished to the clanram .
    So NOT true. This was our first and we were welcomed by everyone with open arms. I'm sure the same WILL be said by you after you attend next year's bash..
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12