Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Not again!

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Not again!

Heard some announcer yesterday talking about Shotty looking like a prospect for a head coaching job somewhere next year. I don't know about that but it is the last thing we need right now. It's time Bradford and the offense had some continuity.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Not again!

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    Heard some announcer yesterday talking about Shotty looking like a prospect for a head coaching job somewhere next year. I don't know about that but it is the last thing we need right now. It's time Bradford and the offense had some continuity.
    Fisher has said that is a real possibility but he also said we will not change systems. This is it, we may change OC though.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Even if Schotty gets an HC job (you'd have to be an idiot to hire him) we can go nab Norv Turner who comes from the same passing attack as Schotty. A lot of similar verbiage, so it wouldn't be too big of a transition for Bradford.

THE DREAM TEAM

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

I heard the same thing on yesterday's broadcast. After hearing from so many Jets fans it just seems unreal that Schotty is really a serious candidate for an HC gig.

I guess stranger things have happened.

It looks like Pat Schurmer will be fired at the end of the year in Cleveland. Mebbe Fish would consider him for the OC job if Schotty flies the coop.

I know Brads wouldn't mind but I wonder if Schurmer and Fish would be a good fit.

WHAT SAY YE?
    live4ramin likes this.

Tony Softli was talking about this today and his take is Frank Cignetti would be promoted to OC. Fishers has said we are not changing systems, so this would make sense.
    HUbison and Nick like this.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User
    I don't see this happening this offseason, there are 4 or 5 coordinators I can think of who'd be more likely head coaching candidates.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I think that there are some good points made in this thread.

First, I don't think he would be, but hey, his dad was pretty good. We'll deal with it if it happens.

Second, there's enough people getting fired around the league that we'd be able to either promote from within or get a similar/same system coach such as Norv(really good as an OC, bad HC) or Shurmer(worked in 2010!), or *insert guy here*. Childress?

Third, I think it's most important that Fisher said that whatever happens, we will stay in the same system. The same basic WCO idea has worked for Sam two years out of three, don't mess it up. If we get a line that can stay healthy and block for an extra second, and let the receivers and Sam get on the same page for making breaks and getting open, I see good things. Don't let him get Alex Smith'd.
    Last edited by TekeRam; -12-17-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    I believe!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I know this is all speculation right now from an announcer and Soflti, but if Schotty left i would love to have Norv come in as OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I know this is all speculation right now from an announcer and Soflti, but if Schotty left i would love to have Norv come in as OC.
    Four years four new systems sorry... I can see that happening. At least I hope not.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

A few weeks ago, Fisher was asked about shotty moving on and he did say it was a possibility BUT, he would not change the offensive system.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

that was my biggest concern when we hired schotty.

but having such a strong coach like Fisher and seeing the defense this year with no DC, i honestly dont think it will hurt us too much if schotty goes..

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

As long as the system stays the same, doesn't matter to me. We can never develop a consistent offense if the offense is always changing.

josh3135 is offline Registered User

I wouldn't be against bringing back Pat Shurmer. The big complaint about the 2010 team was we relied too much on short passing and no one could catch a football. Since we have some developing weapons now, it could work out well. Run the football, 3-5 step drops, short/medium passing, screens, dump-offs, and use play action to drop bombs to Gibson or Givens. It keeps Sam upright, and allows us to move the chains and put points on the board.

But maybe I'm oversimplifying things

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Tony Softli was talking about this today and his take is Frank Cignetti would be promoted to OC. Fishers has said we are not changing systems, so this would make sense.
    I think Rambos has hit the most likely scenario. Cignetti is considered a bright young up-and-comer. I'm sure it would be fun to have a high profile name like Turner, but the promotion of Cignetti makes the most sense.
    Nick likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

If we run the same basic system next season, it won't matter if Mickey Mouse is the OC. Okay, I'm being facetious, but we've already set ourselves up for doom and gloom by a) assuming Shurmur is gone and b) thinking we'll be unsuccessful if he leaves. While I'm a big believer in continuity, many, many teams change vital personnel each year and have successful seasons. I anticipate nothing different with the Rams.

And not for nothing, Shurmur isn't exactly the Vince Lombardi of coordinators.
    mde8352gorams likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast