Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Not again!

svh01 is offline Registered User

Re: Not again!

Call me crazy but Schotty has made a fan out of me. As much as Jets fans complained about him, I'll bet they would kill to have him back. What people don't pay attention to is that he seems to make the most out of very limited talent. Our offense has improved under him and the Jets have collasped without him. With that being said, I hope he stays regardless if we run the same system. I would much rather have a proven OC 2 years in a row, so Sam can learn to control the system better ala Brady & Manning (though maybe not at that level).

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I'm surprised at all the support for Schottenheimer. Frankly, I'm underwhelmed at our offense this year although I don't blame him. Its the TALENT, it always is. To turn NJ's comment around if we had Mickey Mouse as our OC but had a great O-Line and Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald as our WR's and Gronk as a TE, we'd be pretty damn good and in the playoffs, if not the Super Bowl. I don't want to minimize the coaching, but it's who executes the plays that mean the most to me. Incidentally, what team is considering Schotty as a HC? Tempted to make a sarcastic remark, but I like Schotty more than that.

Go Rams!

citr92 is offline Registered User

i've liked schottenheimer, but he does do some questionable or predictable calls sometimes

but he's done fine except against the bears when he brought the wrong game plan with him, but that was the only time i think

when the talent gets better, so does the playcalling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12