HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Not another Bulger Sucks thread.

While we continue to bash on Bulger, as if he should be fluent in Linehanese after two weeks of immersion, it may be noteworthy to point out that in these two weeks he has accomplished something he has done only once before.

He has gone back to back games without throwing an interception. Other than weeks 3-4 of the '04 season, he has NEVER gone two consecutive weeks without a pick.

Is that the end-all, be-all of this new experiment? No, but it most certainly is a step in the right direction and possibly a building block to put this offense in motion.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and the Rams aren't going to be built in two weeks.
    Last edited by HUbison; -09-21-2006 at 12:15 PM.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Re: Not another Bulger Sucks thread.

but in reallity, its not two weeks is it HU?

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    but in reallity, its not two weeks is it HU?
    I would say it is. All the practice time and pre-season games don't compare to the time implementing the system at game speed. Just my opinion, of course, but I think the fact that he has yet to throw a pick is significant in that it is our first positive result.

It's something to build on, if you ask me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I would say it is. All the practice time and pre-season games don't compare to the time implementing the system at game speed. Just my opinion, of course, but I think the fact that he has yet to throw a pick is significant in that it is our first positive result.

It's something to build on, if you ask me.
    Agreed, we're only thinking negative right now, eventually all that negative stuff is going to be rid of as soon as the offense starts playing better. They just need time, and I'm so sick of people whining about it.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I admire your enthusiasm Hub, and yes it is something to build on. I have said all along that this will take time and will be patient. However, they have had all off-season, pre-season & two regular season games to show improvement. I really had expected more than one touchdown in two games, especially after failing to score one in the preseason. I am beginning to wonder about this offense...hhhmmmm...but wait, I said that I would be patient and will do so....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Patience, patience............

Losing is painful, but all of those franchises who have tasted consistent success have also shown the ability to be extremely patient with coaching staffs who may have originally struggled. Steelers are the best example but there are others.

He has gone back to back games without throwing an interception. Other than weeks 3-4 of the '04 season, he has NEVER gone two consecutive weeks without a pick.
    And with the desert in our rear-view mirror, Bulger has now accomplished a first in his career........three games in a row without a pick. In his career, he has averaged a pick for every 30 attempts. Now, he has 99 attempts and ZERO picks.

Three games in a row, no int....he's never done it.....until now.

As Bulger said himself (according to the commentator yesterday), the transition in offense is coming around slowly. He says he is now "speaking" French (Linehanese), but still "thinking" in English (Martzese). But at least he is speaking French.
    Last edited by HUbison; -09-25-2006 at 09:48 AM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The thing I don't understand, is if Linehan knew the Offense was struggling with the new system why the starting O didn't play a lot more in the preseason ? Wouldn't the O be even more advanced ?

:\

Wouldn't the O be even more advanced ?
    Maybe so, but they could also be more injured as well.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I agree injuries a re a major factor and the importance of going into the regular season healthy looms large. It's a very fine line and Linehan chose to sweat it out.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Now, he has 99 attempts and ZERO picks.

Three games in a row, no int....he's never done it.....until now.
    I'm with you on this. If his overthrows are the direct result of a conscious attempt to avoid recklessness, game's on.

I'd rather he threw it away, than force it where it doesn't belong.

In the long run, you can't fix a disparity in TOs.