Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Not Bradfords Best Game, BUT.......

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Not Bradfords Best Game, BUT.......

When the game was on the line in the 4th quarter and in OT, Sam was basically perfect.

He went 10 for 15, and all 5 of his incompletions were flat out drops. 2 by Kendricks, 1 by Quick, 1 by Pettis, and 1 by Jackson. In the 4th, he threw for the critical 2 point conversion, then made 2 huge 1st down runs to keep the drive alive that led to the tying FG in regulation. In OT, he threw a big 3rd down pass to Givens to keep the drive alive, leading to the game winner.

I know Sam has some work to do, especially with his pocket presence, but IMO, he's shown more often than not, in crunch time, he comes through. I also know many disagree, but I see something special in Bradford, a physical and mental toughness, and the ability to shake off adversity, and persevere. He's a fighter, and has everything it takes to be elite.
    RamDez, RealRam and RuffRams like this.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Re: Not Bradfords Best Game, BUT.......

Going by what goes on in the chat room, most people give up on the Rams after the first quarter. It irks me to no end, but its how you finish a game that matters the most. Bradford has been critical in the 4th quarter so far.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

You judge a QB most by what he does with the game in the balance. In that regard, Bradford passed today with flying colors. I'd much rather have that than the gaudy yardage stats.
    RamDez, RealRam, Rambos and 2 others like this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

I thought he played well despite pressure and receivers not getting open.

We really, really need to get Danny and Givens on the field at the same time. It seems like we can never do this and our offense obviously suffers because of it.

Rambos is offline Registered User

It's always tough sledding for Bradford when we can't run the ball. 13 yards in the first half is not going to get it done.

Givens and Sam sure have had it working lately another good game for that combo. Back to back big runs by Bradford with the game the line... enough about the lack of pocket presence ... those two runs where huge, plus the 15 yards for the hit one Sam.

I thought Shotty playing calling did not help... third and one he goes deep. 4th and inches on the goal line, again he pulls SJax out of the game and throws.... why?

The plays seem like they take forever to get called and the Rams get to the line with a few second on the clock.

He's losing me quick.
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-02-2012 at 09:26 PM.

macrammer is online now Registered User

for me the two runs by Sam made the biggest difference. He took what most defesnes are giving him and made the Whiners pay for it. That type of wherewithall adds an element that makes it more difficult to defense the Rams and can help the passing game as well.
    Rambos and Fortuninerhater like this.

bradwill is offline Registered User

A win is a win as far as I'm concerned, and if you're the QB, you going to get a lot of the credit, right or wrong. I don't care if you're Sam Bradford or Trent Dilfer. You do what it takes to WIN. Today, Bradford was a winner. I don't care about 400 yard passing days or anything else when you manage to get the victory. Quality QB's have to suck it up after WR's drop passes or the OL lets pass rushers through like a sieve....whatever it takes. Bradford got it done today. Wasn't pretty and I do not care.

I agree with macrammer that Bradford really turned the game around with his two runs late for first downs when the O had done hardly anything all day. Those were big plays.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Their are alot of haters but sometimes numbers dont lie,he has been great for most 4th quarters this season.And this game he did everything we needed him too.He led us to the game winning field goal by using his arm and legs to pick up two huge first downs.He takes alot of flack and sometimes rightfully so he deserves it,but when he wins please look at what he did to help and not only when we loose.We dont have the weapons for Sam to put up Brady/Manning numbers so what we need to look for is he making the plays when we need him and is he helping us win games.Plus he rarely ever cost us games he takes care of the ball which is critical when you dont have a great offense that scores 25+ ppg.Bradford got it done today thats all that matters.

thoey is offline Registered User

My only concern is that lately it appears to take "something" to wake Sam up. Last week it was when he got clocked and was out for a play. Came back in more focus and firing. This week, he waits until the 4th and OT to come alive. He is one of the leaders of this offense and needs to be ready at kickoff.

I believe it was Youngblood who told the team "if you need motivation for this one you're in the wrong business"...
    PARamfan likes this.
    This space for rent...

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

^^^I dont know if its so much that it takes something to get him going as much as its that he just kicks it into another gear,which is a good thing.I dont question his commitment or anything i think hes just letting the game come to him and when it comes down to the end we see the killer mentality come out of him.The i need to get this done attitude that only can come when backed into a corner or against the wall.

thoey is offline Registered User

If that is the case, he needs to start every game in that gear. This is the NFL. He is not at OU playing Sister Mary's School for the blind...

Don't get me wrong, I am a Sam supporter, not a basher. This team will only go as far as he takes us. He needs to play all out from the first whistle...
    RockinRam likes this.
    This space for rent...

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Going by what goes on in the chat room, most people give up on the Rams after the first quarter. It irks me to no end, but its how you finish a game that matters the most. Bradford has been critical in the 4th quarter so far.
    Yeah you're right. After the 1st quarter, the chat room is totally empty because everyone gives up. That's an asinine statement.

I know YOU don't like it since you left in a little tizzy last week while the rest of the chatters who magically hadn't given up were still around to the end for a glorious Rams' victory, but it's real simple: you don't like the chat, don't join it. Since you aren't around in it or leave with a proclamation of being oh so offended, don't talk about something you don't know about. We'll do the chat and you can not participate and all is cool.
    PARamfan likes this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Expectations are quite low. Most gave up on the Rams before the season started. Our fight song is "we'll be better next year"

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    for me the two runs by Sam made the biggest difference. He took what most defesnes are giving him and made the Whiners pay for it. That type of wherewithall adds an element that makes it more difficult to defense the Rams and can help the passing game as well.
    Could not've said it better myself. The two runs were by far the most impressive thing Sam did today, IMO.

RealRam is offline Registered User

BTW, can't remember who made the observation on NFLN that there shouldn't have been a penalty called on one of Bradford's runs -- or at least he was questioning the call. But it is very clear that Sam had already slid feet first and was on the turf, then the hit came, thus late. Clearly.

So yes, key play by our QB!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast