throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Not disappointed.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Not disappointed.

Those aren't flies buzzing by your head. Saw allot of balls going by Ram receivers who haven't yet turned their head.

I am not discouraged by this team. They are what..........<just can't bring myself to finish that>.

The thing with this early schedule is that the Rams will have to mature quickly. That may not happen enough in time for them to earn some early wins. But, steel if forged in fire, and sharped on stone and more steel. This team will learn and these young players will gain valuable experience for having played in these games, in the caldron of very good NFL teams.

This season may even look like a failure in wins and loses in the end. But this season, this team, properly taught and coached will get better for having played this schedule.

The fringe guys are going to have to step up. The opportunity is there. Sam is trying too. You don't develop guys by sitting them on the bench.
    Last edited by Richbert88; -09-20-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Semper Fi!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Not disappointed.

Exactly! Trial by fire, sucking at something is the first step towards being really good at something.

You know what's going on here!

Marines are made through challenge and hardship not by ease and leisure. A baseball player will hit the 85 MPH fastball easier for having tried extensively to hit the 95 MPH fastball.

This is absolutely necessary.

Hope these young kids get into it. And I hope they learn to catch.

Salas settled down ok after that first bit of nerves. Good on Spag's for throwing him back out there. "Do it right kid or your gonna make a complete fool of yourself and me. And you don't want to make a fool of me."
    Semper Fi!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Exactly! Trial by fire, sucking at something is the first step towards being really good at something.
    We haven't had a winning record since 2003, how long do we have to suck for!?
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -09-20-2011 at 02:05 AM.

RAMK1NG Guest

Agreed^ Why should we wait steven jackson isnt getting any younger I think he deserves a superbowl ring

Quote Originally Posted by RAMK1NG View Post
    Agreed^ Why should we wait steven jackson isnt getting any younger I think he deserves a superbowl ring
    So did Henry Ellard and a myriad of other great RAM players.

This isn't a 1-15 team. Working out those brain farts and this is a win tonight.
    Semper Fi!

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Here are the grades for the St. Louis Rams after Monday night’s 28-16 loss to the New York Giants:

QUARTERBACK: Sam Bradford did a nice job working the ball downfield, especially during the first half. He was dynamic in the no-huddle attack. He threw for 331 yards overall, a career high. He took some big hits, especially in the second half, and didn’t throw an interception. But he threw 24 incomplete passes in 46 attempts overall and his baffling red zone struggle continued. There is still plenty of work to do here. Perhaps Danny Amendola’s return will help speed the process. GRADE: C

RUNNING BACK: Cadillac Williams found little running room (13 rushes, 36 yards) against the stout Giants defensive front. His inability to catch that fateful backward pass -- and his decision not to go retrieve it – buried the Rams. Also, he kept blowing tires in the passing game. He followed a nice Rams debut with a bleak outing. No. 3 back Jerious Norwood was no help. The Rams really, REALLY missed Steven Jackson. GRADE: F

RECEIVERS: Look! It’s Danario Alexander! Deemed unworthy to dress against the Eagles in Week 1, he replaced the injured Amendola this week and caught three passes for 122 yards and a touchdown. Mike Sims-Walker (six catches, 92 yards) asserted himself too after a rough debut. Brandon Gibson (four catches, 52 yards) made a couple of key grabs, but rookie Greg Salas (four catches, 27 yards) proved far less reliable. When confronted with man coverage in the red zone, Rams receivers too often failed to get open. GRADE: C

TIGHT ENDS: Michael Hoomanawanui made no impact upon his return to active duty. Rookie Lance Kendricks had a 26-yard catch, but was otherwise a non-factor. Billy Bajema failed to corral a critical pass over the middle. Bradford targeted these guys seven times and completed just two passes. They didn’t help much n the run game or with pass protection either. GRADE: D

OFFENSIVE LINE: The Rams never established the run. That eliminated the play-action pass and allowed the Giants to pressure like crazy. New York only recorded two sacks, but its defense hurried Bradford, batted down passes at the line and tenderized the Rams’ quarterback with one big hit after another. When the Rams needed to muscle up in the red zone, they couldn’t. Killer penalties like Rodger Saffold’s untimely false start hurt as well. GRADE: D

DEFENSIVE LINE: Defensive ends Chris Long and James Hall earned sacks. So did rookie defensive end Robert Quinn, another player who sat out Game 1 under curious circumstances. Defensive tackle Fred Robbins buried quarterback Eli Manning for a 12-yard loss on a broken play. The Rams allowed just 3.1 yards per rush overall and earned several quick stops. GRADE: B

LINEBACKERS: The Rams did give up some big rushing chunks, especially on cutback plays. Manning did a little too much damage throwing to his backs. The loss of outside linebacker Ben Leber to a groin injury didn’t help. But middle linebacker James Laurinaitis got unofficial credit for nine tackles and five assists, doing his part to limit the Giants to 4.3 yards per play overall. GRADE: C

SECONDARY: The Giants went after cornerback Justin King, as expected, and abused him in Ron Bartell’s absence. They exposed safety Craig Dahl’s coverage limitations and also exploited a major breakdown between cornerback Al Harris and safety Quintin Mikell. On the plus side, Mikell had a touchdown-saving interception to give the Rams an early boost. GRADE: D plus

SPECIAL TEAMS: Novice punt returner Greg Salas handed the Giants a TD opportunity with a muff. Newcomer Quinn Porter buried the Rams back on their 7-yard line after spitting up a kickoff return. Perhaps the Rams could have used the preseason to get Salas ready to back up Amendola. Instead, most of that work went to the since-departed Mardy Gilyard. Why? Josh Brown kicked three field goals and Donnie Jones averaged 44.7 yards a punt, so the night wasn’t a compete waste for the unit. GRADE: D

COACHING: The Josh McDaniels passing game showed some promise, but it failed to come up with enough right answers in the red zone again. The Rams defense baffled Eli Manning with various blitz/zone packages. Many of the Xs and Os looked good. On the field, though, sloppy execution and massive mistakes doomed this team again. The coaches better clean that up or the Rams could wait a long time for their first victory this season. GRADE: D

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I am disappointed. This was Monday Night Football and the Rams did not come to win. 3 field goals. Really? Can't score in the red zone. The backward pass to Cadillac Williams which was run back for the TD was a big game changer. The Rams don't look ready to play in the NFL with all the mistakes and this was all seen on MNF.

It started off so nicely with a nice interception on the Giants first drive. I thought at that moment, the game might be a good one. I want to go back to the moment and remember how that feeling of hope felt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Some refuse to remove those rose colored glasses. If I see another 'we woulda won IF' comment...Ill vomit. LOSER SPEAK 101. This is an OK team playing POORLY. The red zone ineptitude is about 7 years old now. Pathetic. There are some things to like about this team...but they are still among the worst in the league. On the bright side, the Rams are now ONE OF JUST SIX TEAMS who are 'on the clock'!!
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Seriously, why aren't we calling up T.O. at this point? I'm sorry to say it but the dude has experience and has played with elite QBs. He might be able to help Sam out a bit. Please do something Billy!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

One SHOULD be disappointed. I gotta' tell you- I'm way beyond the moral victories stage of this rebuilding process. I am so tired of suffering from one long gut-ache watching this team disappoint week after week. This is year three of Spags' tenure. The honeymoon period is over. The talent- while not on par with the upper crust of the league- is improved. An O-Coordinator held in high regard has been added. A franchise QB is in place. Money has been spent. More is expected, pure and simple.

The losses bother me- but what bothers me just as much is this team's inability to play consistent, solid fundamental football. How many times do we need to hear the same refrain after Rams' losses? How many bad starts to a season do we have to endure? We had a 217-70 advantage in total yds. last night late in the 2nd qtr. and we were losing by 8. We invent ways to lose. We can't handle prosperity and capitalize on mistakes made by the opposition. It is beyond depressing. It is also sad that we look at the schedule and
    figure on 1-6 or 2-5 to start the season. It is a losers' mentality that unfortunately reflects our lack of confidence in this team and is justified through repeated poor performances and lousy execution.

I don't know what more to say- just completely disappointed in this team's inability to compete.

I think that this instant gratification is unreasonable. Every acquisition has upside or downside possibilities. Sidney Rice is now injured as an example. As a fan of the Rams who witnessed the acquisition of Marshall Faulk and the rise of Kurt Warner in one season, I can understand that. But that is not the norm.

A rookie got the nerves when thrust into the spot light on a national stage. He settled down and did decent and will get better from there.

A veteran FA signing made a complete boneheaded mistake (see, FAs aren't always perfect). He most likely won't be on the field that much anyhow. SJ probably made the decision right there that he's gonna be on the field for the team even if his leg falls off.

You have to play the young guys and they have to learn and develop. Not every answer is a FA or other player acquisition. And young players will make mistakes. If you quit playing them, your just hurting the team more. Imagine if Green goes down and Vermiel brings in a veteran FA QB to fill in for the season instead of Kurt. St Louis would have been denied that great QB.

The only thing that is disappointing to me is the fans that think this team should be a contender now. It's not. Probably another year away, most likely a top of the line reciever whose dressing for his alma matter at this moment, away.
    Last edited by Richbert88; -09-20-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: spelling error
    OldRamsfan likes this.
    Semper Fi!

RAMK1NG Guest

Where's avery at??
    Richbert88 likes this.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMK1NG View Post
    Where's avery at??
    Could have used his speed last night.....
    RAMK1NG likes this.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

I agree with Fettmaster and Ramking, how much more of this garbage do we have to take? We have sucked long enough.......and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these WR's ( cough cough SALAS, cough..) paid to catch the freaking ball?? Just venting, very frustrated and disappointed...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast