mrdcblue is offline Registered User

Not down with O.P.P.

O.P.P. (Orlando Pace Putout)

Ok, I love our rams since they moved to saint louis it was a perfect time in my life I was just getting into football and since i watched it on TV for a few years and never really had a favorite team them moving to saint louis was perfect. I root for home teams good or bad so i instantly rooted for them. sorry for the random info but i am new to this board and wanted to give a little background.

So i ask, what are your predictions for O. Pace. Will he be back? I haven't really done research since baseball is going on and i know camp is fast approaching.

I have always liked this guy and have been let down with all his injuries. Will he survive the season? I have a theory, i had an OP jersey and he did good and then i lost it in several moves in my life and he got hurt those seasons but now its back in the rotation of Sunday jerseys i will wear. Me being superstitius like stevie wonder, i think this will help. I think if he stays healthy this season will be better than last year just on that alone.

ok thanks for reading that randomness.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: Not down with O.P.P.

Welcome Orlando Pace is one of the best LT of all time. Can we count on him? I don't know. History said no. He has played in only nine of the Rams last 32 games. We need him to play and play well if we have a chance of a ok season.
    :ramlogo:

TekeRam is offline Registered User

The injuries that Pace has endured the last two season are not related, and is more of him being unlucky than injury prone. Is he more injury prone now than he was in the past, of course, because he's older, his body doesn't regenerate quite as well, and now both of his arms have been hurt. However, that said, he's still one of the most dominant LT's in the league and will be until his arms fall off his body.

What I see is that Pace needs to have a good camp to get back into the game. Having played so little over the last two years means that there will be rust in his game that needs to be worked out in the preseason. However, I fully expect that by the time the regular season rolls around, he will be ready to go. The key for the season will be that we need to keep him healthy, and if that means he skips a day or two of practice, I'm fine with that, just make sure he's on the field on Sunday.

viper is offline Registered User

I suspect going up against Chris Long through preseason will help knock that rust off sooner than later. Hopefully, he can stay healthy. That one factor will possibly make or break our season.
    Last edited by viper; -07-17-2008 at 12:12 PM.

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    Welcome Orlando Pace is one of the best LT of all time. Can we count on him? I don't know. History said no. He has played in only nine of the Rams last 32 games. We need him to play and play well if we have a chance of a ok season.
    I'm not in disagreement here, eldfan. Orlando Pace has proven over the years to be very worthy of being the #1 overall pick in the '97 draft. However, i think it's sad that we must count on Pace to have offensive success. I mean by now we should have a suitable back-up. I don't expect anybody to "fill his shoes" but i would like to feel confident that we have someone that can "shore it up" in his absence. I don't feel that way with the people that we have. And that is "sad".

RAM ON!

eldfan is offline Registered User

YodaRam"I mean by now we should have a suitable back-up. I don't expect anybody to "fill his shoes" but i would like to feel confident that we have someone that can "shore it up" in his absence. I don't feel that way with the people that we have. And that is "sad".

I have to agree. Grate LT are hard to come by but it's look like we don't have anyone on deck that can take over when he leaves.
    :ramlogo:

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Football is a ever changing game...players come and go with the passage of time...the Jones, Yongbloods, Olsons are but fond memories these days and so will Orlando. Certainly he will join the panthon of Ram greats.

But knowing time marches on and sooner or later Orlando will retire, what do the Rams do for the present and future? 1997 was a long time ago and Orlando is getting long-in-the-tooth. Regardless if he comes back this year or has a few more seasons left in him, the Rams got to start looking down the road and find a replacement as close if not better the O. Pace