Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dgr828 is offline Registered User

Not feeling it from Feeley

Its should take a short period of time for the Rams #1 pick, Sam Bradford, to take over the reigns as the team's starting quarterback, once he signs his huge contract.
    The prospects of Adam Joshua Feeley leading the Rams at QB for the entire season makes it hard to believe that anything positive could come out of that.
    A.J. is nothing more than a career backup, at best.
    In college, he backed up Joey Harrington at Oregon.
    He's been a 3rd stringer for the Eagles.
    He bombed in Miami and couldn't get on the field in San Diego.

Feeley went back to Philly and got beat out for the 2nd string spot by an aging Jeff Garcia...Seriously, Garcia would be a better fit for the Rams right now.

Last year AJ had a cup of coffee with the Carolina Panthers.

How long will AJ Feeley be needed to keep the QB seat warm for SAM?

Could AJ Feeley surprisingly have a breakout year?

Will AJ Feeley be a good mentor for a rookie quarterback?

Was Feeley a good pickup by the Rams?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Feeley went back to Philly and got beat out for the 2nd string spot by an aging Jeff Garcia...Seriously, Garcia would be a better fit for the Rams right now.
    Both were available, and the Rams opted for Feeley. Garcia hasn't been on an NFL roster since September of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    How long will AJ Feeley be needed to keep the QB seat warm for SAM?

Could AJ Feeley surprisingly have a breakout year?

Will AJ Feeley be a good mentor for a rookie quarterback?

Was Feeley a good pickup by the Rams?
    1) If he's still starting at the bye week, I'll be stunned. It's possible he may not even be the opening day starter, depending on how Sam looks in camp and the pre-season. Personally I'd like to see Sam starting by Week 3 or 4 if not earlier, assuming he's ready.

2) Depends on how you define breakout, but I doubt he does anything spectacular. As long as he's better than Kyle Boller...

3) Hard for a fan to say one way or the other, but I don't have any reason to believe he wouldn't be. He's a veteran player who has spent time around the league and knows how things work. He knows why he was brought in here.

4) I think so, yes. He gives the Rams a veteran presence, someone who is familiar with the system, and has shown the ability to play when needed.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Its obvious Feeley was brought in to help accelerate the Bradford learning curve and to play if needed without having to learn the offense. I think it was a very solid signing that brought in a veteran who clearly (from interviews) knows what he was brought in for and is willing to help Bradford as well as being eager to play if it comes down to it.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

While I believe Bradford will become a much, much better quarterback than Feeley ever was... I don't think there would be much difference between the two for the first several games.

I just don't think Spags will expect an experienced back-up or a rookie starter to go out and win a game as much as manage it.

I know everyone wants the bombs but I think for at least the first half of the season we will see more safe and smart plays instead of spectacular.

Except when Jackson breaks it for big yards.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Honestly, I don't expect to see a winning record from the Rams this year. I really don't believe Feely can get it done, but at this time, he IS our best option at QB. I know I'd rather Feely start than Bradford, because if our O line can't get it together right away, Feely isn't the future QB. I know it sounds bad, but I'd rather keep Bradford safe from injury and risk Feely.
    I think that when Bradford goes in, we still won't have a winning record, but it will give him experience. Next year, I DO expect to see a BIG improvement in the win/loss column.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Honestly, I don't expect to see a winning record from the Rams this year. I really don't believe Feely can get it done, but at this time, he IS our best option at QB. I know I'd rather Feely start than Bradford, because if our O line can't get it together right away, Feely isn't the future QB. I know it sounds bad, but I'd rather keep Bradford safe from injury and risk Feely.
    I think that when Bradford goes in, we still won't have a winning record, but it will give him experience. Next year, I DO expect to see a BIG improvement in the win/loss column.
    Sad day in rams history when the get wrote off before even training camp begins. I hope to help everyone pick their jaw up off the floor when the rams show everyone what they got.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

I understand that Feeley will don the #4 for the Rams this season, does that make him the Poor man's Brett Favre? That could be a good thing if so.
    One things for sure, AJ has been given a chance to shine and has a golden opportunity to show that he's put it all together and for once in his career can run the show as a true #1 starter.
    A dream scenario would have Feeley finding success, early in the season, giving Sam time to observe the Pro game from the sidelines.
    I'm torn between accepting AJ as the Starting QB vs throwing SAM into the fire right away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Sad day in rams history when the get wrote off before even training camp begins. I hope to help everyone pick their jaw up off the floor when the rams show everyone what they got.
    what do they have more than last year? Rook QB, Rook LT or RT, not knocking you for hope but exactly what will make my jaw fall to the ground this year?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Let's not forget...with tears in my eyes " Kurt Warner will be our starting quarterback and we will play good football".

Just saying, of all the teams in the NFL our RAMS are due to surprise us again. I'm not saying that Feeley is the man but one never knows.

Can I get a ....Let's go A.J.?!

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

I'm not going to lie, Freely hasn't given me a reason to have faith in him. But, there is no way I'm going to write the guy off before I even see him play.

Cut the guy some slack, until he screws up.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    what do they have more than last year? Rook QB, Rook LT or RT, not knocking you for hope but exactly what will make my jaw fall to the ground this year?
    Its not aboutw what we have more than last year as far as names (although i could give you a nice list you seemed to have overlooked), its really about you not having a clue which of our young talent's light bulbs are going to click on.

Guys do get better with experience ya know? You can't..can't can't can't write people off without having a clue what your talking about. Seriously. What kind of sense does it make to say the Rams won't do much before they've even gotten into pads...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Its not aboutw what we have more than last year as far as names (although i could give you a nice list you seemed to have overlooked), its really about you not having a clue which of our young talent's light bulbs are going to click on.

Guys do get better with experience ya know? You can't..can't can't can't write people off without having a clue what your talking about. Seriously. What kind of sense does it make to say the Rams won't do much before they've even gotten into pads...
    It makes about as much sense as saying the Rams will do much better before they've even gotten into pads. Neither side knows until it actually happens, and both sides can point to reasons they feel support their case. There's no need to tell someone they don't have a clue what they're talking about just because their opinion about an unknown is different than yours at this point.

I mean, the Lions made some improvements after their zero-win season in 2008, but they still only managed two wins in 2009. The comment was that the doubters would be picking their jaws up off the floor based on what the Rams accomplish this season. Considering we're talking about a team with six wins over the last three years, is it really so outrageous that someone would dare question such a statement? Not really.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I just don't think Spags will expect an experienced back-up or a rookie starter to go out and win a game as much as manage it.

I hope managing the game isnt anything like last year. Like on 3rd an 9 and we repeatedly ran a shotgun draw in almost EVERY game. It was so bad Im sittig at home looking at the game and I knew it was coming.... I might as well be a defensive coordinator lol. But as far as feely and sam, id take anyone over Bulger!!

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

I was often unsure last year, when things went wrong which they...um...occasionally did, if whatever QB really knew what he was doing & the receivers/protection were off or vice versa. Seems to me the Philly-trained Feeley should help clarify that much more important question , even if only through TC and preseason. Which is a plus over last year,imo. And yet, let's face it, if Feeley is still starting after the bye, it's more likely that we'll be talking about the biggest lemon ever produced in Oklahoma, not the new Warner.

It also occurs to me that the nice contract AJ received indicates a serious vote of confidence from DeSpags. They don't seem to overpay/acquire players out of panic. It remains to be seen, of course, whether they are using their familiarity with guys like Feeley to make sound football choices or playing it too safe.

Given their track record so far, I'm gonna plunk for the former.Jeez, if Pollyanna can't twirl in her summer frock in July, what's the point of it all?

Personally, I don't see any reason why AJ won't be the new Pederson. No idea whether Bradford is the new McNabb & whether the rest of the group is as ready as that Philly squad was is another question altogether. Feeley isn't going to be THE difference either way,imo,but he's more likely to help than hinder,imo.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -07-12-2010 at 03:44 AM.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It makes about as much sense as saying the Rams will do much better before they've even gotten into pads. Neither side knows until it actually happens, and both sides can point to reasons they feel support their case. There's no need to tell someone they don't have a clue what they're talking about just because their opinion about an unknown is different than yours at this point.

I mean, the Lions made some improvements after their zero-win season in 2008, but they still only managed two wins in 2009. The comment was that the doubters would be picking their jaws up off the floor based on what the Rams accomplish this season. Considering we're talking about a team with six wins over the last three years, is it really so outrageous that someone would dare question such a statement? Not really.
    Nick, I applaud your defense of a fellow Clanram member. But in this case I have to draw the line with the other guys. I am sick of reading how we stink, how bad we are, the rams won 6 games over how many years, that we arent any good ect. It's flat sad. How about standing up for our team.

If you really believe this, "the Rams dont stand a chance " please don't be afraid and root for another team. How does it make you feal to post how crappy the Rams are and then put their jerseys on. I hope you all nay sayers are happy. I, however, don't think we are as bad as you all think. Please look at the bright side of our team for once. There is potental there. We stand as good a chance as being 9-7 as 1-15 again. Can we have one post on here that does not say 6 and what ever. Just one that does not try to bring down those that see a bright future. Please.

Can we at least lose the games first before you rag on us. All I ask is for some love for the team you claim to be a fan of. When I think of the Rams I still see Eric D running through the line of the Dallas Cowboys on their way to super bowl XX, I still see Flipper Anderson run into the locker room after we beat the Giants to advance to the Championship game in 1989, I still see Issac Bruce crying on the sideline after we beat the ninners in 1999, I still see the foot of the Titans player firmly in the hand of our defense at the end of Super bowl XXXIV.

Those days are not forgotten in the heart of this Soldier. Have you forgotten? I say brighter days are ahead. I say we win 9 out of 16 games this year. Why, because I'm a Rams fan, thats why!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast