Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
  1. #16
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    I'm glad the rams have some people that do also have hope for their season besides me.

    So do you guys just wanna not watch this season since we aren't gonna win more than 2 or 4 games? Doesn't sound very exciting to me to be honest. I for one am a fan of the rams and have seen they have made a very good attempt at changing their past mistakes. And beer there are a lot of names you left off that list. Also because they are rookies doesn't mean they can't perform.... Givin the RECENT draft history I'm gonna say they know more than they used to about drafting good players out of college. Your jaw will obviously not take a lot to hit the floor seeing as u have little faith in the rams. Now to make my jaw hit would be 16 and 0, u being a nay sayer it would take considerable less maybe 9 wins and I think they will get there or be very close. They were a few bad plays away from having at least 6 wins last year so I think they can improve considerably this year.


  2. #17
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,656
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    Wow, talk about touchy! All I said was I doubt that the Rams would have a winning record this year. I did not say that they would go 0-16. A "not winning record" is 8-8 or worse.

    Tell me one person in here who wouldn't be happy with an 8-8 record after the past three years.

  3. #18
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    a
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    This is the same AJ Feeley that beat the Rams in late 2003 when McNabb was out for 5 weeks. I think he went 4-1 or 5-0 as a starter that year.

    What? you guys want Boller back? Now that was a bad signing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #19
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,483
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Nick, I applaud your defense of a fellow Clanram member. But in this case I have to draw the line with the other guys. I am sick of reading how we stink, how bad we are, the rams won 6 games over how many years, that we arent any good ect. It's flat sad. How about standing up for our team.

    If you really believe this, "the Rams dont stand a chance " please don't be afraid and root for another team. How does it make you feal to post how crappy the Rams are and then put their jerseys on. I hope you all nay sayers are happy. I, however, don't think we are as bad as you all think. Please look at the bright side of our team for once. There is potental there. We stand as good a chance as being 9-7 as 1-15 again. Can we have one post on here that does not say 6 and what ever. Just one that does not try to bring down those that see a bright future. Please.

    Can we at least lose the games first before you rag on us. All I ask is for some love for the team you claim to be a fan of. When I think of the Rams I still see Eric D running through the line of the Dallas Cowboys on their way to super bowl XX, I still see Flipper Anderson run into the locker room after we beat the Giants to advance to the Championship game in 1989, I still see Issac Bruce crying on the sideline after we beat the ninners in 1999, I still see the foot of the Titans player firmly in the hand of our defense at the end of Super bowl XXXIV.

    Those days are not forgotten in the heart of this Soldier. Have you forgotten? I say brighter days are ahead. I say we win 9 out of 16 games this year. Why, because I'm a Rams fan, thats why!
    This is quite an overreaction to what have been rather benign and completely rational comments about the Rams' prospects in 2010.

    I'm sure everyone in this thread hopes that they do very well, but there's a difference between an optimistic hope and a more realistic assessment. And it's completely rational to think that turning this ship around is going to take a couple of seasons because of how poorly run the team was for a number of years.

    The statement was made earlier that the Rams are going to do something that will cause everyone's jaws to drop to the floor. A person responded, saying specifically, "not knocking you for hope but exactly what will make my jaw fall to the ground this year?" That person was seemingly told that they don't know what they're talking about because we don't know who will make improvements in 2010.

    That's fine, but no one knows how players will progress from 2009 to 2010, and whether those progressions will be positive or negative. It's just as possible that certain players regress. A person assuming this team progresses and gets better and a person assuming that the players on the team don't change much are both doing the same thing - assuming. Neither is right or wrong at this point, and both opinions are valid.

    This "don't be afraid and root for another team" stuff is utter nonsense. No one in this thread is going to sit down on gameday and root against the Rams, and believing they should be rooting for someone else because they're not as optimistic as others are about the Rams in July just baffles me. There's a big difference between having realistic opinions about the Rams that aren't positive, and simply saying the Rams stink, are horrible, will never do well, etc etc. I'd suggest exploring the differences before jumping on others.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  5. #20
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    I for the past two years have went into the season saying they were gonna do bad and well they did. It was because to me they hadn't done enough yet to improve the team that had the losing record. Well now they have made some good additions to the team with some rookies showing promise. And they have second year players that will hopefully step it up even more than their rookie year. I was not trying to attack anyone, I was merely trying to bring more hope to the upcoming season by trying to changes the minds of people saying we aren't going to have a winning record. I mean seriously why go into a season saying yep we are already losers. Especially when the team has made a effort to change. Well believe what u guys want but I for one and going into the season hoping to see 9 wins and wouldn't be surprised if I did see it.

  6. #21
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    It's unrealistic to expect a 98 vs 99 turnaround with this team. The lacking of playmakers at the WR position is glaring. Plus, I don't see a Kevin Carter, London Fletcher, or Dre Bly on this defense. Be realistic folks, this is not a rebuilding but a major reconstruction. We have a decent pick in Chris Long, an unknown at O line in Jason Smith, and what could be a potential franchise QB in Bradford. No backup at RB to speak of and a very old DT corp.

    You're not feeling Feely? Ok, but it's a heck of a lot more than that to not feel. Are they making strides? I think so. Hard to get worse than last year so by process of can't get much worse yea, they are getting better. If Avery breaks out and has the year he was drafted for, if Robinson stays healthy, if Gilyard can get open then Feely will be ok. If none of those WR scenarios happen then Peyton Manning would struggle in this offense.

    The QB.....most overrated and underrated position on the field at the exact same time.

  7. #22
    Roy G. Biv's Avatar
    Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Modern Day Dead Ráibéad
    Age
    41
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    you spend your whole existence b******* about Bulger and now that he's gone you jump on Feeley before he even takes the field?

    the dude ain't Bulger so what do you care?
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

  8. #23
    NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,249
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    You cannot rip anyone whatsoever for being a pessimist after several years of God-awful football and ruined Sundays. Losing breeds a losing attitude, and the Rams must earn the faith of their fans through positive performance. There is no substitute. At the same time, bellyaching over this player and that player before training camp has even broken is a lot of wasted energy. Let's see how things play out over the course of camp and the scrimmages.

    To my way of thinking there is only one outlook to have, and that is to have ZERO expectations. That way if they have a lousy record, it was anticipated, and if they perform well, it will be a pleasant surprise. Detach yourself as much as you can emotionally.

    You can do a lot worse than A.J. Feeley. He can win a game for you and manage things until Bradford is ready- which will be sooner rather than later. He wasn't drafted #1 to ride the pine for 3/4 of a season, nor was it realistic to think the Rams would bring in some guy for Bradford to compete with for the long term.

  9. #24
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    a
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    You can do a lot worse than A.J. Feeley. He can win a game for you and manage things until Bradford is ready- which will be sooner rather than later.
    BOOMER SOONER!

    Bradford is a Sooner, so he will be ready Sooner than later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #25
    Bralidore(RAMMODE)'s Avatar
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    Just because the Kool-Aid is red doesn't mean it tastes like strawberries.

    Wait and see people..wait and see...

  11. #26
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,325
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Nick, I applaud your defense of a fellow Clanram member. But in this case I have to draw the line with the other guys. I am sick of reading how we stink, how bad we are, the rams won 6 games over how many years, that we arent any good ect. It's flat sad. How about standing up for our team.

    If you really believe this, "the Rams dont stand a chance " please don't be afraid and root for another team. How does it make you feal to post how crappy the Rams are and then put their jerseys on. I hope you all nay sayers are happy. I, however, don't think we are as bad as you all think. Please look at the bright side of our team for once. There is potental there. We stand as good a chance as being 9-7 as 1-15 again. Can we have one post on here that does not say 6 and what ever. Just one that does not try to bring down those that see a bright future. Please.

    Can we at least lose the games first before you rag on us. All I ask is for some love for the team you claim to be a fan of. When I think of the Rams I still see Eric D running through the line of the Dallas Cowboys on their way to super bowl XX, I still see Flipper Anderson run into the locker room after we beat the Giants to advance to the Championship game in 1989, I still see Issac Bruce crying on the sideline after we beat the ninners in 1999, I still see the foot of the Titans player firmly in the hand of our defense at the end of Super bowl XXXIV.

    Those days are not forgotten in the heart of this Soldier. Have you forgotten? I say brighter days are ahead. I say we win 9 out of 16 games this year. Why, because I'm a Rams fan, thats why!
    Please, not another "if you say bad things about the Rams you can't be a "real Rams fan" rant... Seriously?

    Look, I've been a Rams fan for over 40 years. ...and if I think the Rams stink, I'll say they stink. ...and they have stunk for most of their 14 years in St Louis. That in no way makes me a bad Rams fan. It makes me an honest fan, not a bad fan. To speak out and say that the Rams are probably in for another bad year (and I believe they are) doesn't mean we give up hope. It doesn't mean we don't love our Rams. I still put on my Rams jersey, carry my Rams golf bag and wear my Rams hat. But when someone asks me how I think "my team" will do this year, I'd be an idiot if I said "Superbowl baby!", because I know they're not going this year. No way, no how. But not because I don't want them to. I have no problem being honest with how I think the Rams will do. ...and I've said it here that I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams win two games this year. It WOULD however surprise me to see the Rams win 9. I don't think this team has the talent or experience to win 9 games. But they're still my team.

    To me, the fan (like many Raider fans that I know) that spout out that they're gonna be the baddest team in the NFL this year after 7 years of setting NFL records in futility doesn't make them a "real" fan. ...they're just talking stupid, and "real fans" of the game know that a fan that talks honestly and intelligently about his team is more respected than a fan that insists his team is "going all the way" after three dismal seasons of 6 wins.

    We all hope this team surprises us and turns it around. We ALL will be watching the games each week rooting for the Rams to win. But just because we don't raise the giant foam "we're number 1" finger after each loss doesn't make us a bad fan. It's great that you're optimistic about the Rams this season. It really is. But don't rag on a guy for saying what he honestly thinks about his team, just because it's not all wine and roses.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  12. #27
    lordwhttgr's Avatar
    lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    This is quite an overreaction to what have been rather benign and completely rational comments about the Rams' prospects in 2010.

    Perhaps.......

    I'm sure everyone in this thread hopes that they do very well, but there's a difference between an optimistic hope and a more realistic assessment. And it's completely rational to think that turning this ship around is going to take a couple of seasons because of how poorly run the team was for a number of years. Quote

    I agree with you that we all here hope they do better. And there is a difference between being optimistic and realistic. All I am asking is that we have one post that people down get on and Ram Bash. Ok I got not every one thinks the Rams can win more than one game, do you have to say it after every "I think the Rams will do good post". All I am asking is love for your team!!!!!!!


    The statement was made earlier that the Rams are going to do something that will cause everyone's jaws to drop to the floor. A person responded, saying specifically, "not knocking you for hope but exactly what will make my jaw fall to the ground this year?" That person was seemingly told that they don't know what they're talking about because we don't know who will make improvements in 2010. Quote.

    I said "I applaud you for standing up for him".

    That's fine, but no one knows how players will progress from 2009 to 2010, and whether those progressions will be positive or negative. It's just as possible that certain players regress. A person assuming this team progresses and gets better and a person assuming that the players on the team don't change much are both doing the same thing - assuming. Neither is right or wrong at this point, and both opinions are valid. Quote

    You are right. No one knows. So why be so negative before we take the field.

    This "don't be afraid and root for another team" stuff is utter nonsense. No one in this thread is going to sit down on gameday and root against the Rams, and believing they should be rooting for someone else because they're not as optimistic as others are about the Rams in July just baffles me. There's a big difference between having realistic opinions about the Rams that aren't positive, and simply saying the Rams stink, are horrible, will never do well, etc etc. I'd suggest exploring the differences before jumping on others.
    I was not jumping on anyone, just the comments themselves. Being negative and saying its realistic is still being negative. I see no point in pointing out that we went x for x years any more. Any real Ram fan knows we did poorly. Why point it out? It sounds to me like "we stunk last year, so we will stink this year too". Like we didn't draft anyone or made any changes. We are not the same team that took the field last year. I like to think we improved.

    At the very least can I get a GO RAMS out of you?

  13. #28
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,460
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    I was not jumping on anyone, just the comments themselves. Being negative and saying its realistic is still being negative. I see no point in pointing out that we went x for x years any more. Any real Ram fan knows we did poorly. Why point it out? It sounds to me like "we stunk last year, so we will stink this year too". Like we didn't draft anyone or made any changes. We are not the same team that took the field last year. I like to think we improved.

    At the very least can I get a GO RAMS out of you?

    You put that perfectly! I couldn't agree with you more about we stunk last year so we will stink this year too.

    GREAT JOB AND GO RAMS!

  14. #29
    lordwhttgr's Avatar
    lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Please, not another "if you say bad things about the Rams you can't be a "real Rams fan" rant... Seriously?

    Look, I've been a Rams fan for over 40 years. ...and if I think the Rams stink, I'll say they stink. ...and they have stunk for most of their 14 years in St Louis. That in no way makes me a bad Rams fan. It makes me an honest fan, not a bad fan. To speak out and say that the Rams are probably in for another bad year (and I believe they are) doesn't mean we give up hope. It doesn't mean we don't love our Rams. I still put on my Rams jersey, carry my Rams golf bag and wear my Rams hat. But when someone asks me how I think "my team" will do this year, I'd be an idiot if I said "Superbowl baby!", because I know they're not going this year. No way, no how. But not because I don't want them to. I have no problem being honest with how I think the Rams will do. ...and I've said it here that I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams win two games this year. It WOULD however surprise me to see the Rams win 9. I don't think this team has the talent or experience to win 9 games. But they're still my team.

    To me, the fan (like many Raider fans that I know) that spout out that they're gonna be the baddest team in the NFL this year after 7 years of setting NFL records in futility doesn't make them a "real" fan. ...they're just talking stupid, and "real fans" of the game know that a fan that talks honestly and intelligently about his team is more respected than a fan that insists his team is "going all the way" after three dismal seasons of 6 wins.

    We all hope this team surprises us and turns it around. We ALL will be watching the games each week rooting for the Rams to win. But just because we don't raise the giant foam "we're number 1" finger after each loss doesn't make us a bad fan. It's great that you're optimistic about the Rams this season. It really is. But don't rag on a guy for saying what he honestly thinks about his team, just because it's not all wine and roses.
    First off, I hold nothing against you for having your opinion. I stand up for your right to have it and will lay down my life to defend it.

    Second, I do hold it against you if you tell others "I'm a Rams fan and we stink". It's tacky. It "shows" a low self esteem. Go out tonight and say the Rams are going to be jaw dropping this year and see how you feel after. I asure you, your friends will respect you more for a positive attitude. Better yet, go tell them "The Rams are going to beat the raiders at home this year. Don't throw the ball atogwe's way. Sam's going to light up the score board. Steve Jackson is going to truck your secondary."

    Third, It is a new year and we have just as much a right to say we are going to do good as the next fan. Last year has no bearing on this year. There, I said it, now, how many people were hurt by that? It is call "espririt de core" and its contageous. Catch it!

    Fourth, GO RAMS

  15. #30
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,483
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Not feeling it from Feeley

    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    I agree with you that we all here hope they do better. And there is a difference between being optimistic and realistic. All I am asking is that we have one post that people down get on and Ram Bash. Ok I got not every one thinks the Rams can win more than one game, do you have to say it after every "I think the Rams will do good post". All I am asking is love for your team!!!!!!!
    No one is "Rams bashing." If you can't separate logical and realistic criticism from mere bashing, then I don't know what to tell you.

    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    I said "I applaud you for standing up for him".
    Yes, right before suggesting that people who weren't optimistic about this team's chances should go root for someone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    You are right. No one knows. So why be so negative before we take the field.
    It's a simple result of looking at a situation objectively and drawing a conclusion. Sometimes those conclusions are negative. Sometimes they're positive. I'm not going to fool myself into thinking everything is gumdrops and lollipops just for the sake of being optimistic and cheery. I'm going to look at the information and arrive at as well formed an opinion as I can. If that opinion is a good one, great. But if it's not good, I'm not going to convince myself it's something it's not. I'll be cheering for them to go 16-0, but my assessment of the team says that's not going to happen, sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    I was not jumping on anyone, just the comments themselves. Being negative and saying its realistic is still being negative. I see no point in pointing out that we went x for x years any more. Any real Ram fan knows we did poorly. Why point it out? It sounds to me like "we stunk last year, so we will stink this year too". Like we didn't draft anyone or made any changes. We are not the same team that took the field last year. I like to think we improved.

    At the very least can I get a GO RAMS out of you?
    When you tell people they should join another fan base because of their opinion, then you're going beyond just responding to the comments. The point in bringing up our past futility is to illustrate that someone is justified when they question why another person would think the Rams will have fans' jaws on the floor. It's a reasonable question, but it drew the ire from some posters for some reason.

    And you can get a "Go Rams!" out of me any day of the week. Having negative opinions about aspects of your team doesn't mean you don't support them, don't cheer for them, or don't hope they prove you wrong. My perspective is that, if all anyone brought to this place was blind optimism or blind negativity, it'd be pretty boring and pretty shallow. Having logical opinions based on critical thought, which will be both positive and negative, make the discussions and interactions rewarding.
    Last edited by Nick; -07-13-2010 at 09:11 AM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: -03-23-2010, 09:17 PM
  2. A.J. Feeley to visit Rams
    By shower beers in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: -03-05-2010, 07:30 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: -11-19-2007, 10:32 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: -09-02-2006, 04:08 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -07-09-2004, 12:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •