laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Not ONE word about our RAMS!!!!

While driving into work this morning and listening to the morning NFL talk show on Satellite radio hosted by Bob Papa (Giants fan) and Randy "former whiner" Cross (Patriots fan). I was blown away by the lack of attention our RAMS get.

They opened the show by congratulating the Phillies on their World Series win.
    Then Bob Papa brings up the very interesting matchups on the schedule for this week.

Of course Randy Cross brings up the Patriots @ Colts game and how he wishes he was covering that game but instead he will be in Minnesota for the Texans @ Vikings game. They then talk about the Steelers @ Redskins and how that could be like a throw back game. Oh, and how about the Cowboys @ Giants. Will Brad Johnson make it through the whole game or will the Cowboys bring in Brooks Bolinger if Johnson is struggling. Papa says, by the way Brad Johnson has a 5-1 record against the Giants and most of those wins have come at the Meadowlands. Papa also throws in that he is very curious to see which Jets team is going to show up in Buffalo. If it's the Jets team from last week they're going to get blown out.

So, I'm waiting and waiting and waiting for their imput on the Cardinals @ RAMS game.

NOT, They go on a rant about the Ravens @ Browns!!! Then they start talking about the Jacksonville Jaguars and how they could make some noise based on the fact that they have the Bengals and Lions on their schedule in the next 2 weeks.

So, I'm waiting and waiting and starting to get aggrevated!!!

Packers @ Titans....Randy goes on this long talk about how the Packers have a real good shot at winning this game.

??? Uh...RAMS fellas...

NOT, Dolphins @ Broncos and how this should be a high scoring game and knowing that the Broncos have homefield advantage they should be able to pull this one out.

That's it! Not ONE word about our upcoming game against the Cardinals!!

Talk about a total lack of respect. This is a big game for both teams moreso for our RAMS but still this has NFC WEST TITLE implications on the line. When is the last time the RAMS and Cardinals played a meaningful game against each other. There's no story here? Kurt Warner coming back to the Dome to play his former team. A team he won the SUPERBOWL with! Jim Haslett's ability to turn our team around? How about this kid Avery on the RAMS? The former St. Louis Cardinals playing a meaningful game is news in its self.

NOTTA!

I must admit I'm very disappointed.

Forget about flying under the radar...it's time we get some attention.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Not ONE word about our RAMS!!!!

There was a lot of buzz about the Rams after the Dallas beat down, but I think after losing to the Cheatriots, even in a hard fought contest, the Rams are once again on the back burner as maybe a two-hit wonder in many peoples eyes. A win against Arizona will will probably have the "experts" talking about them again I'm sure.

I do think the everyday football fans are giving the Rams some respect, at least that's how it sounds to the people I talk to. A few days ago I was working with a couple of guys and overheard them talking about how their teams (Chargers, Faiders) were not doing so great, and I butted in with a comment about being a Rams fan and they both immediately started saying how they thought the Rams were really coming around and looked great against Washington, Dallas and New England. It actually made me feel good.

supachump is offline Registered User

Give it some time. However better we are playing, we still have only had 2 wins this year.

Personally, I'd rather not get attention. Let the Rams sneak up on people.

locazn is offline Registered User

Its also because our division is the worst in the league..no love for the west...its okay though ...We can always sneak into the playoffs and wreak havoc!!!

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by locazn View Post
    Its also because our division is the worst in the league..no love for the west...its okay though ...We can always sneak into the playoffs and wreak havoc!!!

Exactly. No mention of even the Cardinals. Everyone is already counting out the division.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Right now the NFC West is so bad, we shouldn't even have a division title to win. It should just be the "NFC West Honorable Mention" at this point or "NFC West Participation Award" for whichever team sort of looked like an NFL team that year. I mean our Rams are finally looking like the exception ever since the bye, but let's be realistic here--we're in a division so bad that we could drop our first 4 games, wind up 2-5, and it's still good enough to merit 2nd in the division midway through the season. The way things have been recently, our division usually only has one team over .500...and that's partly because we all benefit from getting to play 6 games against other NFC West teams a year.

Respect is earned. Or rather it hasn't been over the last few years in the NFC West.

btimsah Guest

A lot in the media, probably thought if we beat the Ceatriots we were for real. We did not, so they just moved on. However, we all know that we were in this game (unlike during linehan, we were ACTUALLY IN AND UP LATE, ahem) and lead late. Should have won too, against a great front 8. We've played the best in the NFL and were playing better and better. I see no reason why we can't start to be favored in most of our remaining games. If our defense continues to play like they have been were a playoff team easily.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

at the end of the day it doesn't matter what people say or think, it's what the Rams do. we have a heck of a chance to get back i this one. 1 game at a time. i like our chances. our schedule gets easy, too bad for tards it gets tougher!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Why is everyone always so suprised that no one else cares about the Rams? They haven't been anything real special since 03.

St. Louis isn't a big market, they have a small fan base, it doesn't pay to talk about them when people are more interested in other teams. That Rams get no respect crap? The Rams started last year, 0-8, they started this year, 0-4. No one should take the Rams seriously. Donnie Avery, a rookie who stands out on a bad team, because everyone on the team is bad. If he was playing great on a great team it'd be different, he's playing great on a sub-par team, less impressive.

Even less people care about the Cardinals, they haven't won ever, the biggest news about the Cards was their new stadium. A key NFC West matchup? No one cares outside the Rams and Cardinals. No team worries about playing the NFC West, they count on 4 easy wins. Sure we beat Washington and Dallas, do you really think the Rams are a better team than them? 8 times out of 10 those teams win, it's a fluke game for the other team and the Rams got lucky, until they can prove than can win on a consistant basis, no one should take the Rams seriously.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

They never talk about the Rams unless they upset someone or they are at the top of the league. been that way for years..
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Sure we beat Washington and Dallas, do you really think the Rams are a better team than them? 8 times out of 10 those teams win, it's a fluke game for the other team and the Rams got lucky, until they can prove than can win on a consistant basis, no one should take the Rams seriously.
    Okay, well, I won't go that far. People talk about these "fluke" games like it's as simple as a good team beats a bad team. The truth is that sometimes there are good match-ups. The fact that we did it in two consecutive weeks and played the Patriots close the next week suggests to me that it's not a fluke.

I'm not down on the Rams specifically right now, but the division as a whole is pretty underwhelming. At this point, everybody is either rebuilding or just building period because there was never really something to rebuild from. Two teams have already changed head coaches this season, and the Seahawks will have a change at the end of the season, meaning that if Whisenhunt is still around, he'll be the longest tenured coach in the division...having started the job last year.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

At 2-5 i don't expect anyone to give us love. At this point the thought is we're just beating good teams that are having bad games. I'm fine with that. It gives us an opportunity to fly below the radar even longer. Teams can always say that they didnt overlook the Rams when it came to preparation during the week but in actuality how do you prepare to beat a team that has shown you losing ways? Anything can happen, for the Rams its bad coaching the 1st four games, a spark by the new coach the next two, and a few injured stars in the last contest. Up until now we still don't have an identity and to me thats the most difficult type of team to prepare for. Everyone knows what the Cards are doing, and that's exactly what their gonna do this Sunday. What about us? Unless we're down by three scores nobody really knows what to expect. I kinda like it that way. So if we pull out a win being balanced or not, we'll play another team that has no clue as to how to prepare for us. Keep em guessing!!!
    Last edited by Guam rammer; -10-31-2008 at 08:56 PM.