AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Not our day, gang.

Horrible start and, just when it looked like we might scratch our way back into the game, an untimely fumble resulting in a TD. Never mind the Marmi-like defensive effort. Not going to beat a team like San Diego in their own house like that.

Gotta brush it off and move on. Still right in the thick of things, both in the NFC West and the Wild Card race.

And that's all I have to say about that.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Not our day, gang.

Avenger, you get double-posts too?!?

:\ Definitely not our day. San Diego's No. 21 was too much of a charge.

mh-i is offline Registered User

If the Rams D can't figure a way to get out of the bottom 10 in the league, you can change the title of the thread to, "Not our season, gang." This defense isn't any better than last year's.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think the defense is better than last year's D, but that is only because last year's was THAT bad. This year's defense is simply not good enough. We can only hope it will get better (let's not forget that there are several players playing with less than 10 career starts), but let's be honest - its not a Championship contender defense.

That said, the offense is still very good, and we're still in the playoff hunt.

The example of 1998 to 1999 notwithstanding, progress usually comes in stages, so let's move forward.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Not our day at all. Blah......I am all for moving on and forgetting this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

that fumble cost us. That was the game. Ah, live and die by the sword

good thing is, all the division lost so .................

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Not our day because we couldn't stop the run, again. Which is scary because we get Larry Johnson next week and it looks like he is starting to get on a roll.
    Sprtsmac :football:

RealRam is offline Registered User

This defense isn't any better than last year's. -- Mh-i
    Hmmm, I don't know, MH. At the end of the season, I think it will have proven to be better than in previous years. Already turnovers is a positive step in that direction -- just wish we could have had a couple of those today!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Thanks, guys, now mom is in a bad mood, so it looks like I will be for a while, too.

At least we didn't fall any further.

We're still in the hunt.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

When our defense allows Noah Herron and Maurice Morris to look like superstars running the football, LT is probably going to have a big day against us. Especially when we decide that we're playing flag football instead of tackle. Key missed tackles today by Atogwe and Chavous among others. The Davis fumble was the key turning point, but we were in it until the onside kick and subsequent drive.

This defense is just not there and probably won't be all season. We need a better rush from the front four and need to be able to be more effective on the blitz. I've said it before and I'll say it again - when you blitz and fail, you're going to get exposed. Happened to Brown and Witherspoon today on big plays where we blitzed and did not get there.

The bottom line is San Diego is a very good team with very good players who can execute and make big plays. They executed when they had to, and made plays when needed. In contrast, we stood by and didn't do much to prevent a two-touchdown deficit and generally looked like the bye week hurt us more than helped.

Those of you still hoping for the playoffs, God bless you. Maybe we get their if the rest of the NFC struggles or if Seattle continues to be plagued by the curse. Or maybe we make adjustments and improve. Who knows. But right now - allowing 120+ rushing yards a game, can't get consistent pressure with or without the blitz - this is just not an exceptionally balanced football team. Offense can get the job done, but the defense is at best inconsistent and at worst porous.
    Last edited by Nick; -10-29-2006 at 08:43 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    When our defense allows Noah Herron and Maurice Morris to look like superstars running the football, LT is probably going to have a big day against us. Especially when we decide that we're playing flag football instead of tackle. Key missed tackles today by Atogwe and Chavous among others. The Davis fumble was the key turning point, but we were in it until the onside kick and subsequent drive.

This defense is just not there and probably won't be all season. We need a better rush from the front four and need to be able to be more effective on the blitz. I've said it before and I'll say it again - when you blitz and fail, you're going to get exposed. Happened to Brown and Witherspoon today on big plays where we blitzed and did not get there.

The bottom line is San Diego is a very good team with very good players who can execute and make big plays. They executed when they had to, and made plays when needed. In contrast, we stood by and didn't do much to prevent a two-touchdown deficit and generally looked like the bye week hurt us more than helped.

Those of you still hoping for the playoffs, God bless you. Maybe we get their if the rest of the NFC struggles or if Seattle continues to be plagued by the curse. Or maybe we make adjustments and improve. Who knows. But right now - allowing 120+ rushing yards a game, can't get consistent pressure with or without the blitz - this is just not an exceptionally balanced football team. Offense can get the job done, but the defense is at best inconsistent and at worst porous.
    i agree with all that and the worst part is the defense is porous more times than not.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    that fumble cost us. That was the game. Ah, live and die by the sword

good thing is, all the division lost so .................
    I was at the game with my father and when davis fumbled that ball i told my dad that that was game right there... You have momentum only down a touchdown and just completed a 38 strike to the reverend. Davis comes in and rushes the ball for a good 7 yards and just before he goes down the ball and the ballgame is lost.... OUCH MY FRIENDS...