Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Not sure why you all think we don't have a chance

I tell you what, some you fans are already throwing in the towel for Monday's game. I am not sure why you all are so afraid of Indy. Hey they are 5-0. So what. That only means that odds are they are going to lose sooner than later.

Defensively...come on, lets all get a grip. There defense has played with the likes of these teams.

Tennessee #23 ranked offense
    Baltimore #25 ranked offense
    Jacksonville #22 ranked offense
    San Francisco #31 ranked offense
    Cleveland #16 ranked offense

Hardly comparable to the Rams. We can run with these clowns.

Maybe we might not win this game. But to throw in the towel and say we don't have a cold chance in hell, come on. My money stays with the Rams and I am not ready to sell them out yet.

AJD45 is offline Registered User

Re: Not sure why you all think we don't have a chance

Fully agree! An upset isn't impossible, there are lots of things going for the Rams:

* There's finally a head coach, not a guy calling the offense and trying to be head coach at the same time. Vitt's talking about things like "work" and "discipline" -- and that's all a head coach should be worried about! And I'm betting we see the Rams more fired up for a game than we've seen in a long time.

* Fairchild has been waiting for this chance, hopefully he will see it as a no-lose scenario and really open up the offense, then pound away with Jackson once the crowd is out of it. Jackson is chompin' for this prime time exposure...

* Yeah, yeah, the Rams suck on the road, but this is a dome sweet dome! If Vitt has addressed the idiotic jumping offsides with a strategy for the crowd noise, we can deal with a dome better than any other road game.

* Indy's defensive strength is their outside pass rush, where the Rams are strongest. Our offensive weakness is the interior line. I think Pace & AB can handle business on the outside. Sure, the Colts will get some sacks on blitzes, but as long as there's no revolving door at tackle the Rams should be able to operate effectively.

* The defense has sucked as bad as it can the last two weeks. Pride is on the line. Effort will not be a problem. The issue again will be if our coordinator can pull his head out and realize the Rams must generate pressure up the middle. Plus the D is overdue for some turnovers after getting zero the last couple weeks.

* The Colts are a hard-luck team like the Rams. This is the kind of game they just might lose... I'm feelin' it..!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I heard the Dolts are 2 TD favorites.

Bullcrap.

Have they forgotten about our offense? Have they forgotten what we did to Seattle last year....in less than 8 minutes? Have they forgotten that Marc, Torry, Issac, and Marshall hold a buttload of records, and are not yet finished?

My father taught me that when I fight someone, even if I don't win, at least give them a reason to never mess with me again.
    We may not win, but our boys might just remind Indy that the Rams are still someone who can open up a can of whoopa$$ when needed.

BTW, has our defense ever tried spinach? It works for Popeye...LOL

general counsel is offline Registered User

I love this team with all my heart, will cheer for them always, but realistically, i just dont see it this week given our personnel, road record, injuries and the matchups. Bruce is out, holt is hurt. We have shown no real ability to run the ball. OUr best cb in injured and our best pass rusher is hurt and we are playing a team with a terrific offensive line.

We have gotten killed defensively by two very good offenses in a row and we are even more banged up now.

Believe me, i really hope i am wrong. If this was a home game, i might feel like we had a shot. Have you seen indy lose in the last couple of years to any team that cant get pressure on the qb? Have you seen us get any real pressure on the qb lately? Sure, anything can happen, we always have a punchers chance, thats why i say swing for the fences, blitz like crazy and hope that they make big mistakes early.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think we have a shot, one thing for sure they don't know what we are going to do. Pass all night run, be balanced, who knows with Martz no calling the plays. Don't get me wrong I wish he was here, but that is the one thing we just don't know we are going to look like.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Whoa! Some of us are not "all" of us.

Some of us just think it will be a challenge, even a formidable challenge. :angryram:

But sure, can do.
    GO RAMS!

:1:

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    I tell you what, some you fans are already throwing in the towel for Monday's game. I am not sure why you all are so afraid of Indy. Hey they are 5-0. So what. That only means that odds are they are going to lose sooner than later.

Defensively...come on, lets all get a grip. There defense has played with the likes of these teams.

Tennessee #23 ranked offense
    Baltimore #25 ranked offense
    Jacksonville #22 ranked offense
    San Francisco #31 ranked offense
    Cleveland #16 ranked offense

Hardly comparable to the Rams. We can run with these clowns.

Maybe we might not win this game. But to throw in the towel and say we don't have a cold chance in hell, come on. My money stays with the Rams and I am not ready to sell them out yet.
    I've been saying this all week, I also pointed out in another thread that Indy's D hasn't played ANYONE yet.
    Let's Go Rams

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Yaaahhhhoooo!!!

This Is The Attitude I Like!!

Bring On Them Colts!!! Ye Haw!! :d :d :d

rammiser is offline Registered User

Every team has a chance. I just think it's pretty discouraging when we have been down 10+points to each of our opponents except Arizona. Those teams are hardly the Colts. I agree the Colts d hasnt been tested but we have lost 2 games we should have won i.e SF and Seattle. How are we going to stop them from scoring? If Holt doesnt play and Bruce is out and Groce and Little dont play, come on my homer goggles come off right about there. I love my team but they have about a 3% chance of winning in my book. I'd love to see them win but with the desire they have shown so far I doubt it. This team has no fire in it and they will need to be super fired up for this one. I hope we do win just dont think we will.
    Just Fix It

thrown-track is offline Registered User

Well ...ok. I'll agree that there is a chance for a Rams victory this Monday night. But its a slim one at that AND our boys are gonna have to play a virtually mistake free game on both sides of the ball to pull it off. We'll need to see:

#1 discipline and concentration (aka no stupid penalties)
    #2 a good defensive scheme that changes up and is aggressive
    #3 an awful lotta HEART and belief in each other
    #4 and above all else ...... cause them, sieze them, take full advantage of them ....but make no costly TURNOVERS!

It happens .....sometimes!

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I think that our offense is going to give the Colts D a lot of trouble. They dont know what to expect from our offense or our defense.

Plus the reports are that the intensity in practice has really gone up. This is something that the team was lacking and it's good to hear that it's back.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Sorry guys,
    but as this season wears on, I see little to cheer about. Two marginal wins, a disasterous loss to the Scarlet Miners, thumped by the Giants, and a home butt whippin by the Seahawks don't point to much to brag about. And none of those teams are powerhouses, are they?

The season is not over. But something is seriously wrong when average teams go through our defense like a hot knife through hydrogenated vegetable oils mixed with emulsifiers.

Whether you blame Marmie, (as I do), or a wounded secondary, either way, the Russians are moving on the Eastern front and it don't look like they're going to be stopped.

Then again, I picked the Colts to blow our team out, and if you examine my esteemed track record, you'll take comfort.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

The Rams can win if and they better come to play! They like others have said need to quit shooting themselves in the foot! Run the ball,block a helluva lot better!. Play other personnel,and quit having all the stupid penalties they keep having week after week! No turnovers and when we get into the red zone we better come away with 7 not 3

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

These are the times of questions and no answers. The Rams must play this game like the Super Bowl if they expect to have a chance on Monday. Unless Manning has an off night, we will have to really do a good job of stopping the passing lanes.
    They boost a descent running attack. And Dungy is no stranger on how to beat us. He remembers his days in Tampa and how we spoiled his Super Bowl hopes.
    We need to protect Marc all night in order to advance the ball. And just like the Seattle backups performed, so must our backup receivers. They have to play excellent with NO TURNOVERS in order to have a chance.
    Our Defense must show they want to win and spotlight their efforts on Monday Night. Our Dome or their Dome, it's a dome no matter what.
    This could easily be a high scoring affair but i say it going to be competitive if our defense and special teams play a descent game.
    I hope they mix Marshall and Steven to tire down the Colts front seven.
    Lets hope the interim coach has a lot of weapons with backup personel.
    THE FIELD GOAL

RamTime Guest

The upset will happen only if the Rams lose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast