Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By sosa39rams
  • 2 Post By RamsInfiniti

Thread: Nothing to be mad or sad about

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Nothing to be mad or sad about

We played a terrific game. We played hard for 60 minutes. We lost on the last play of the game (basically). I'm proud to be a Rams fan today. We are finally headed in the right direction, and its clearly noticeable. 1 or 2 plays that we could fix and we easily could have won that game (Complete the Chris Givens deep ball, Gibby's 15 yard penalty which took us out of FG range).

Our offensive line at times gave Bradford plenty of time, and others looked terrible. I hope Saffold can get back next week, the same goes for Scott Wells. Rok had some problems today, but we can fix that hopefully.

Our offense had their struggles. We need to find a consistent threat that will command double teams. Guys need to step up (Kendricks, any WR). SJ had a rough game. No holes were opened for him what-so-ever.

The defense looked good. They at times let the Lions drive up and down, but never really broke. We for the most part kept Calvin in check. We had multiple INT's (Finnegan, Dunbar, Jenkins) and 2 dropped INT's (Dahl, Fletcher).

Our rookie K looks amazing too. Young GZ will lead us to the playoffs! Definitely looking forward to more competitive games like this. We wont play as many good teams as the Lions (top 3 offense last year, and a terrific D).

Lets keep playing hard!!

THE DREAM TEAM

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Re: Nothing to be mad or sad about

I agree, we played pretty well.

What sucks is that our oline and receiving corps is once again our biggest concerns. If this keeps up I really hope we invest our two first round picks in a receiver and a tackle next year.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    I agree, we played pretty well.

What sucks is that our oline and receiving corps is once again our biggest concerns. If this keeps up I really hope we invest our two first round picks in a receiver and a tackle next year.
    Not so sure i would put our receivers in that group just yet. Givens had 3 or 4 yards on that deep pass. He would have score if the ball was not short. Gibson did have a bone head play, lets give him his due he played a very good game IMO.

The O line is what it is, we have the picks and the cap space to fix it, But this year we need to deal with it. Sam played OK behind it and SJ did not.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Nothing to be ashamed of today. While I'm not a big believer in "moral victories," the team played their butts off for 60mins and just happened to come up a little short at the end. They'll learn how to win these kind of games and it's more important how you finish the season than how you start it. I'm ready to give Fisher the time to work with this roster and make good things happen. I know the Lions scored 27 points and got the winning TD late, but the Rams were ready for them today and jumping routes....good D coaching and making it happen on the field too.

The only part of the game that kind of concerned me as not being all that fixable too soon was the OL, even before Wells and Saffold went out. Not any decent run-blocking whatsoever and looked overmatched vs a very good DL. Schottenheimer gameplanned around it pretty well, but the OL is a real weak spot that I am not sure will be much better by Week 16.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Why am I reading about WR struggles after this game? ZERO drops. We only threw 25 times, completing 17. One incompletion a poor ball to Givens, two bad overthrows of Amendola, one short while being hit, one miscommunication on a hot read..
    macrammer and thermobee like this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Why am I reading about WR struggles after this game? ZERO drops. We only threw 25 times, completing 17. One incompletion a poor ball to Givens, two bad overthrows of Amendola, one short while being hit, one miscommunication on a hot read..
    great point....last year we routinely had more drops then completions !!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

richardson we have to give him more carries
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Trevor is offline Registered User

That is what I noticed as well, our WRS were not the problem. None of them dropped ANY passes. Compared to the 100s they dropped last year. This falls on our coaches who decided to play extremely conservative in defense, 3- 4 man rush... Could the absence of Greg Williams be the issue?

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

MIA- Brian Quick, somebody please find him!!!!

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmaidenram View Post
    MIA- Brian Quick, somebody please find him!!!!
    Agreed i want to see this kid play

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Who is our receiving corps? 2 rookies, Quick and Givens. 2 second years, Pettis(suspended) and Kendricks. 3rd year Gibson. 4th year Amendola(burst on the scene his 2nd year). And coming back from major injury Smith.

Other than Amendola, these guys are young and or just trying to come back. Smith didn't do anything for the Eagles last year and may be washed up. Anything we get from him is gravy. Our young guys need time to adjust. There is a reason why none of them were first round picks, and more than that, even first round picks take upwards of three seasons to acclimate to the pro game.

If these guys catch what is catchable, and it looks like they did today, that's all I can ask for. I have no idea what the 15 yard penalty on Gibby was, but when was the last time we could say that he had big grabs in the regular season? If they can get even a little open and then catch the ball, Sam can get it there. All I ask for is the catch, and today, they delivered.
    I believe!