Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Now that Fisher has officially signed, two names in FA to pay attention to

Harry S. Truman is offline Registered User

Now that Fisher has officially signed, two names in FA to pay attention to

CB Cortland Finnegan
    S Michael Huff

A big glaring weakness on defense for St. Louis was its secondary. Both of these gentlemen were Fisher guys.

Keep your eyes open.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Re: Now that Fisher has officially signed, two names in FA to pay attention to

Quote Originally Posted by Harry S. Truman View Post
    CB Cortland Finnegan
    S Michael Huff

A big glaring weakness on defense for St. Louis was its secondary. Both of these gentlemen were Fisher guys.

Keep your eyes open.
    Still think Darian Stewart is not starting material, he just seems to get better and better. Unless he's going to follow Spags to whomever takes him at DC.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

You sure you dont mean Michael Griffin? If so, yeah he and Finnegan are both sick. I just dont see us taking Griffin because the amount we already have invested in Mikell and the up and coming Stewart.

Finnegan I can see here. Someone else, DT Jason Jones.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Stewart is a free agent. With a new GM, new DB coach, new coordinator and new HC, unlikely he is the starter next season. Bet the Rams try and bring in a proven commodity. If Spags likes him, he'll be the sort of player that moves with him to the new team (ala Butler).
    Nick likes this.

Harry S. Truman is offline Registered User

Err yeah Griffin, not Huff.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Too expensive IMO we don;t have alot of cap space until next year. I would look more closely at guys like Jason Jones and if we hire Greg Williams Tracey Porter.

Fisher saw Jason jones high potential and drafted him in the second round. He is an elite interior penetrator with some pass rush ability. Justin tuck type of potential who can play DE on early downs and move inside for Quinn who isn't a great run defender yet on running downs.

Portter is a solid cover corner with playmaking ability (Super Bowl pick 6) knows william's system

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

You mean Courtland Innegan right? Cause Andre Johnson beat the F out of him

He strikes me as a player you love to have on your side, but realize at the same time why everyone else hates him.

IMO his skills and attitude would be a welcome addition to our D. Adding Griffin as well as a healthy Ron Bartell and Bradley Fletcher would turn our secondary into one of the league's elite.
    Goldenfleece and THOLTFAN81 like this.

TitanFan89 is offline Registered User

As a Titans fan, I can assure you that Michael Griffin sucks. We loathe him and want him gone. He is one of the most (if not the most) talented players on our team, but he doesn't care. He had one good year (2008 - when we had the best team in the league and choked in the playoffs) and everyone seems to consider him a great safety. He's average at best. He cannot tackle (on a consistent basis) worth a damn. Marshawn Lynch will do terrible things to Griffin. Go watch highlights of Griffin against MJD (and Michael Turner from this season). OMG. Pathetic. Trust me... you do not want him.

Finnegan, on the other hand, is a stud. He had a couple of down years due to dumb Chuck Cecil. Now that we have a competent DC, Finnegan has played at the highest level of his career. The stats may not show it, but this was the best year of his career, hands down.

I wish you guys the best of luck with Fisher moving forward - I'm actually not the biggest Fisher fan which is why I've come here to warn you guys not to get too high of hopes. I will discuss the Fish in an appropriate thread.

PS we have no hard feelings for the SB victory. We just hate the Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, etc. I actually SB XXXIV and sat in the legendary endzone (about 15 rows up) where Dyson came one yard short (I was only 10 years old at the time) and I balled for hours afterward.

Rammed is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Too expensive IMO we don;t have alot of cap space until next year.
    We have 3rd most capspace in the league around 30 or 40 million iirc

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Err....wasn't Finnegan widely cited as the leagues dirtiest player by all other players? And that was before his bust up with Andre Johnson. Really think we need more 15 yard flags already?

I hope he doesn't come here...

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

Love Finnegan, and was on the radio saying that he would love to follow Fisher here yesterday.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TitanFan89 View Post

(I was only 10 years old at the time)ually SB XXXIV an and I balled for hours afterward.
    Welcome and thanks for the insight... I was only 36 and I balled for hours afterward too

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Don't be surprised if old Al Hainesworth's name doesn't get thrown around. He did his best under Fisher......Just sayin.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

SLSG is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rammed View Post
    We have 3rd most capspace in the league around 30 or 40 million iirc

Rams only have about 10-15 mill this year and 50+ next year. But next year, Long and JL aren't signed either.
    Last edited by SLSG; -01-14-2012 at 10:19 PM.

TitanFan89 is offline Registered User

Jason Jones as DT is solid - when healthy. I will warn you that he couldn't stay healthy at DT, so we moved him to DE this year (big mistake).

He's a risky sign due to injury issues, but when healthy he's a very good interior d-lineman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast