Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Now That Linehan Is Gone, Will We See Changes From Haslett And Saunders?

It'll be very interesting to see what changes occur now that Linehan is gone and just how much of a stamp he had on the team. It's already been reported that Bulger will be put back in as the starter, but what about the other personnel moves? Were Haslett and Saunders part of the process and will they undo the moves Linehan made? What about game plans? Did Linehan have an influence with playcalling or defensive schemes? What happens in the next few weeks and on the field against Washington should be telling.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Now That Linehan Is Gone, Will We See Changes From Haslett And Saunders?

I'm not expecting miracles, but I would not be surprised to see more fire, a greater effort, and a win or two in the next 3-4 games.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    but what about the other personnel moves? Were Haslett and Saunders part of the process and will they undo the moves Linehan made?
    I was wondering the same thing. One of the PD writers (sorry can't remember which one) stated that Linehan was the one that dumped Fakir Brown and that it was a "swipe" at Haslett. Unless Brown was released for league policy matters, will he be invited back? I wonder ...

other than getting the players to play for him, I don't see a lot of big changes before next year.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I just think there will be a ton of motivation compared to what we had (yes...finally...HAD) under Linehan.

I know, we probably won't be the Cowboys, or the Patriots. But we will atleast go out and put an effort. We may not even get blown out. There will be some motivation from the team.

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. One of the PD writers (sorry can't remember which one) stated that Linehan was the one that dumped Fakir Brown and that it was a "swipe" at Haslett. Unless Brown was released for league policy matters, will he be invited back? I wonder ...
    That's an interesting question. I also wonder about the demotions of Glover, Hall and Culberson and whether Haslett will stick with them. It will also be interesting to see if Saunders sees a need to make any changes on the OL.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    That's an interesting question. I also wonder about the demotions of Glover, Hall and Culberson and whether Haslett will stick with them. It will also be interesting to see if Saunders sees a need to make any changes on the OL.
    Maybe he realizes that Ryan is a little better than Glover.

He can occasionally swap them around, but Ryan and Carriker should remain the starters.

Saunders should look at some OL changes...but what? Cogs and Leckey are the problem. And no matter what combination we do...Cogs will stay in the line up.

rams2061 Guest

I seriously doubt it. When Linehan got fired, Haslett And Saunders should have gotten fired to.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams2061 View Post
    I seriously doubt it. When Linehan got fired, Haslett And Saunders should have gotten fired to.
    Rep'd for best post of he day.

Selecting Haslett as interim HC is a disgrace.

Lets see... Haslett puts on the field arguably the worst defensive unit/scheme in franchise history and the FO rewards that by making him interim HC.

crazyl3gs is offline Registered User

I wouldn't be surprised to see some increase in offensive production with Saunders free from Linehan. There are a lot of IF's that accompany that statement though. If the O-Line is healthy, or consistent (I'm not even asking for stellar, but Cogs isn't even capable of consistency right now) even. IF the D keeps us within 10 or less points of our opponents, because Saunders runs a fairly conservative (with flashes of downfield shots) offense (somewhat similar to Josh McDaniels' o-scheme in New England... lots of floods, slants, and underneath stuff, utilizing the TE alot and then all of a sudden there's a skinny post or stop & go out of nowhere that just ends up wide open).

It will be interesting to see how the Defense fairs with Haslett as a HC, I still think we're missing some of the nuts and bolts necessary. And as much as a good pass rush can make a secondary look better, we'd need Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Warren Sapp, and Michael Strahan to make Chavous, Craft, and Hill look remotely close to good. OJ is the only viable starter in that secondary.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Yes it will be interesting to watch. It could lead to a lot of speculation on who was doing who.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Grecco needs to start over Cogs!!!!!!!!!! Cogs isn't proving anything in contract year I say give him one last chance at center

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Ferter makes a great point. I wonder how much freedom was given or allowed to coordinators on calling their own style of plays under Linehan. We shall see soon enough....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Yes it will be interesting to watch. It could lead to a lot of speculation on who was doing who.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    Ferter makes a great point. I wonder how much freedom was given or allowed to coordinators on calling their own style of plays under Linehan. We shall see soon enough....
    This is exactly what I was thinking when I started this thread. Now that Haslett and Saunders are free of Linehan's command, we'll get a chance to see if these guys present some new looks or stay the course.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'm not expecting miracles, but I would not be surprised to see more fire, a greater effort, and a win or two in the next 3-4 games.
    Redskins, Cowboys, Patriots, Cardinals, Jets, Niners and Bears are the next 7. I see 0-7. I see at best 2 wins this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast