Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By Flippin' Ram

Thread: Now that players suspensions overturned in bounty gate...

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Now that players suspensions overturned in bounty gate...

Do you think this will have any impact on Greg Williams status?
    Will he apply for reinstatement?
    Will he appeal like the players did?
    Will he do nothing and wait till next year to make a move?

I really have no idea what he will do obviously, i just wanted to see what the minds of the Clan thought about this subject.

The only thing that does enter my mind though is, if he we're to apply or appeal, he could only do it if the other coaches do it as well, or else his chances would diminish greatly. Well thats what i think at least.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Re: Now that players suspensions overturned in bounty gate...

I think Greg will stay quiet like he has so far. With the damning audio tape out there, and without that sweet player's union on his side, he really has no other choice.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Not a chance. The only reason the players are free is because Goodell is an idiot and blatantly blamed random players for the fault of Williams. They proved that Goodell had no proof what-so-ever that they were the leading correspondents, and once again, Goodell is left looking like an idiot. Something we should be used to by now..
    lostsoul likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Rambos is offline Registered User

The panel essentially punted the decision back to Goodell, asking him for absolute clarity. It noted that under the NFL’s collective bargaining agreement, Goodell does not have the authority to punish players for participating in an underground pay-for-performance program violating the league’s salary cap restrictions. An arbitrator has authority to hand down punishments for “undisclosed compensation agreements.” But the commissioner can punish players for “conduct detrimental” to the league. The panel’s message to Goodell: go back, give this a second thought, and make certain that these penalties are for detrimental conduct only. “While we could speculate, it is not clear from the record before us whether the Commissioner had the distinction we draw in mind at the time he disciplined the players,” the panel wrote in the summary decision. The Saints’ bounty program, in which players were offered cash to take out opposing players, seems to fit the definition of detrimental conduct.
    So the players won on a technicality, and Goodell could just reinstate the exact same penalties, either ending this fight for good, or sending the players right back into court. Still, Goodell won’t make any decision before this Sunday. ”Consistent with the panel’s decision, Commissioner Goodell will, as directed, make an expedited determination of the discipline imposed for violating the league’s pay-for-performance/bounty rule,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in a statement. “Until that determination is made, the four players are reinstated and eligible to play starting this weekend.“
    I think he hits them again.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I doubt this will affect the coaches situation but even if it did, I doubt Williams knows anything about this scheme that Fisher hasn't taught him or learned for himself & passed on to McGinnis so I don't think it matters. Might even be more of a distraction than anything.

Heck, I'd rather have Hargrove if you're talking about something that might actually help The Rams. He may be a druggie douchebag squealer but he's probably better than either Sims or Hayes. If character doesn't matter anymore, I'll take the player over the coach.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Not a chance. The only reason the players are free is because Goodell is an idiot and blatantly blamed random players for the fault of Williams. They proved that Goodell had no proof what-so-ever that they were the leading correspondents, and once again, Goodell is left looking like an idiot. Something we should be used to by now..
    Aside from nitpicking suspensions from the players, Goodell has done a pretty good job keeping the league in check. He's maximizing the revenue of the league, patching the hypocrisies of players who whine and complain about long-term injuries yet avoid wearing safer gear.

Good to see the Saints players were able to get some justice out of this vague incident.
    RamDez likes this.

Rammed is offline Registered User

He isn't included in the same CBA as the players, coaches have their own. So this has no effect on his status what so ever.

My guess is he'll sit tight doesn't make waves, applies him to the Goodell reinstatement program and sees his ban lifted after the season.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Aside from nitpicking suspensions from the players, Goodell has done a pretty good job keeping the league in check. He's maximizing the revenue of the league, patching the hypocrisies of players who whine and complain about long-term injuries yet avoid wearing safer gear.

Good to see the Saints players were able to get some justice out of this vague incident.
    This should sum up how good of a commissioner this douche has been:

Week 1 regular season: Playing with glorified highschool and DII refs. Really? This is a BILLION dollar industry, and they are too cheap to pay the guys that make this league possible (basically)? This is one of the lowest points I've ever seen in the NFL.

THE DREAM TEAM