laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Now that the season is over, what hurts the most?

For me the fact that periodically there's an NFL Primetime show on ESPN and there won't be any mention of our non playoff RAMS.:x

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Now that the season is over, what hurts the most?

the fact that we are playing some of the best football in the NFC right now and not going to the playoffs,nobody wanted the Rams to make the playoffs.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    For me the fact that periodically there's an NFL Primetime show on ESPN and there won't be any mention of our non playoff RAMS.:x
    We weren't mentioned on the NFL Primetime regardless

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Country is offline Registered User

The fact that the offense was so good and if we could beat the Seahawks once we would have been in the playoffs.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    The fact that the offense was so good and if we could beat the Seahawks once we would have been in the playoffs.
    You beat me to the punch Country...

If Josh Brown (is that his name?) misses just one of those last-second field goals, we're in. And as it was said by someone else, NOBODY wanted any part of the Rams as they're playing right now. NOBODY.

Guess I'll have to go out this weekend and play some golf to ease the pain. Tough job, but somebody has to do it.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -01-03-2007 at 12:35 AM.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    the fact that we are playing some of the best football in the NFC right now and not going to the playoffs,nobody wanted the Rams to make the playoffs.
    That is exactly right. Had we made it I truly feel we would've made it to at least the NFC championship game vs the Saints.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

No one in football can stop Jackson right now. I think if we had made it into the playoffs we could have gone all the way. The only problem would have been San Diego, but i can see them getting knocked out by someone like Baltimore

chiguy is offline Registered User

Put the KoolAid down fellas. The Rams have been outstanding the last four games, but its not like they were lined up against the Chargers and the Bears each week. The offense is certainly clicking and the defense showed improvement, but if our schedule had been better at the end it wouldn't have been so pretty.

Anyways...biggest disappointment? Losing to the Niners the first week and the Cardinals later on. Both of those should've been victories for us.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

No its not like Jackson gashed the leagues best run defense, possibly ever, for 142 yards and 3 TDs...

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Let's not kid ourselves,we improved down the stretch but those last 3 victories came against mediocre opponents...The only team we beat with a winning record was Denver(And they missed the play-off's)..We lost twice agaist Seattle,Kansas City,San Diego and Chicago..I'm not surprised with our season and for Linehan's 1st year it has gone OK..And I truely am looking forward to a good year in 07',but for ppl to be saying that we could have gone all the way this year just makes me laugh,it's non-sense!!! When you get to the play-off's with a run D like our's,your mincemeat...You play against the best backs and they would run all day on us..:l

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    No its not like Jackson gashed the leagues best run defense, possibly ever, for 142 yards and 3 TDs...
    And this might be relevant to the subject of team performance if we had lost our games earlier in the year because of his poor play. But since we lost most of our games because of bad offense, I'm not going to get overjoyed at shutting down the trio of quarterbacks manning the helm for Oakland, Washington, and Minnesota or their average-to-mediocre running backs (with apologies to Chester Taylor).

There is plenty to feel good about, but let's not pretend that we'd be making a SB run if we were in the playoffs.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

The thing I think hurts the most is that my dream of naked cheerleaders-only football games was never going to become reality in 2006...

Now that I got that out of the way...

To me, it was the fact that going into this past season, every John and Jane Doe knew exactly what the Rams needed to get back on track - defense. there were steps in the right direction, and some of those began to show towards the end of the season, such as our secondary. Even our crappy D line showed improvement.

Now, we have a few months to wait and find out what changes are going to be made to help out. My fear is that the guys who began to make a lot of strides might slip up, and come back next year having to start it all over again.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

my left knee......I banged it on the coffee-table this weekend.

As for the Rams, nothing really hurts. Sure there were some games that could have gone the other way for us, but we had some W's that could have just as easily been L's.

Yea, we could have 10-6, but we just as well could have been 6-10. We're an average team right now guys. I think we're on the way up, but it wasn't going to happen in a year. Maybe next year, maybe the year after, but either way it's progress. And as long as we're progressing (which we appear to be), nothing hurts.....except my knee of course.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Well, it sucks that the Rams are out of it, epically since they went on a late streak. But I do have the Chargers to root for, it would be nice to see them finally win one, but as tomahawk pointed out they could get knocked off by Baltimore if they face each other.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    my left knee......I banged it on the coffee-table this weekend.

As for the Rams, nothing really hurts. Sure there were some games that could have gone the other way for us, but we had some W's that could have just as easily been L's.

Yea, we could have 10-6, but we just as well could have been 6-10. We're an average team right now guys. I think we're on the way up, but it wasn't going to happen in a year. Maybe next year, maybe the year after, but either way it's progress. And as long as we're progressing (which we appear to be), nothing hurts.....except my knee of course.

I echo Hub, nothing hurts. I feel good about next season. I had low expectations for this one and I was pleasantly surprized. (The good thing about being a pessimist).