Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RAMarkable is online now Registered User

Re: Now That We Know Where The Rams Will DRaft...

Sorry I'm not quite up to snuff yet; but who are Ferguson and Winston and what positions/teams do they play for? Thanx for your help.

WHAT SAY YE?

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. So are you going to send me a bill for 15 minutes or what? :redface:

LMAO.................LMAO...........LMAO................Av isn't you minimum hourly rate about $500.00..............That answer or rather explanation should be worth atleast $350.00 shouldn't it?.........You guy's a killing me!
    Last edited by talkstoangels61; -01-05-2005 at 02:27 AM. Reason: because

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

RAMarkable, D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Virginia) and Eric Winston (Miami) are two college offensive tackles, both of whom I would project as first round picks.

With Ferguson & Winston staying in school, Munoz getting hurt, and Justice probably staying in school, pickings got a little slimer for a 1st rounder. For 1st round talent that narrows it down to Barron, McNeil & Brown. If they're all gone when we pick, then wait until the 2nd round for OT and go LB in the 1st. Maybe Burnett will still be around. If not Burnett, then maybe Ruud or Mitchell.

Or maybe we go a different direction all together and go get our FS in the 1st round, like Nicholson or Davis, or a CB, say Webster, Rogers, or Huff.

I'm afraid if one of either McNeil, Brown, Burnett, Nicholson, Davis or Webster are not available, we'll pay 1st round money for 2nd round talent. If none of those guys are here, maybe trade our 1st rounder for the Packers two 2nd rounders. Three 2nd round picks wouldn't be too bad.
    I think after Derrick Johnson, Kevin Burnett is clearly the best outside linebacker on the board and - depending on what his combine numbers look like - I wouldn't be upset at all if the Rams took him. I really wish we had a shot at Ahmad Brooks, but I've actually heard reports that he didn't look good at all in his bowl appearance, and rumor has it he's not coming out this year anyways. Rian Wallace is getting a lot of buzz around his name recently, so perhaps someone to keep your eye on, although I've seen reports saying he struggles in coverage... not good for a linebacker coming into a Cover 2 system, I guess.

Thomas Davis and Donte Nicholson are better fits at strong safety, I think. Both are in that Roy Williams mold. Brodney Poole is probably the top free safety prospect, in my opinion. But with the signing of Antuan Edwards (and hopefully his resigning), we won't need to look for a safety early on.

Corey Webster's stock has been dropping a bit. If we could nab Justin Miller, I'd be quite happy. Carlos Rogers would also be a good acquisition, although I'm not sure how good of value we'd get by taking him in the latter half of the first round.

If we can't nab brown or McNeill in the first round, I agree that our next target should be a linebacker. Unfortunately, after Johnson or Burnett and maybe Channing Crowder, I'm not sure if there's really a linebacker worth a first round pick. Burnett and Crowder might be pushing it, but could solidify their spot with a good combine... plus, I don't even know if Crowder is official yet. If both the offensive tackle and linebackers are off our board, then I think we could either go cornerback or offensive guard (still have my heart set on Baas for us at some point), or hell, maybe even Heath Miller. Once you start taking away first and second options, it's tough to find what you want. A lot of people have us taking defensive ends, but I don't think we need to devote any more early picks to defensive lineman.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable
    Sorry I'm not quite up to snuff yet; but who are Ferguson and Winston and what positions/teams do they play for? Thanx for your help.

WHAT SAY YE?
    ferguson and winston are OTs of virginia and miami, respectively...both are juniors i think...

elAcky Guest

This isn;t looking like hte best draft in terms of talent and its not lining up the way it should for the rams at either OL or LB so i would go for a TE (i.e. We need someone that can catch a pass in the middle like manu did this past week a little more often.) in the first round or we trade up (give away one of our thirds to move ahead of carolina for example).

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

What about USC's Coady??? That should be a good pick. He could play DE or DT.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -01-05-2005 at 09:55 AM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

1st & Goal is offline Registered User

During a radio interview, they said Armey would only use a 1st round pick on a LT. Since we already have Pace there I can not see them taking a tackle in the first round. Going on there past drafts, they will take a player for a position that we already have a strenght at.
    "I was the originator of smack. Some guys rattle with smack; with other guys it rolls right off their shoulders like nothing. "
    -Deacon Jones

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    What about USC's Coady??? That should be a good pick. He could play DE or DT.
    Cody would be decent for us at defensive end, but we seem fairly set there. He's undersized for the interior of the defensive line, and would probably get pushed around. I think if we go after D-linemen, I'd rather go after someone with more bulk. His speed is impressive though, and if we feel like we need more defensive ends, he might be a good choice in the later rounds.

On an interesting note, Florida's Channing Crowder and Georgia's Odell Thurman have both declared. Crowder has the physical skills of a first day pick but has had some off the field issues that are concerning. Thurman would probably have benefitted from another year at college - he seems like a bit of a project despite having good natural skills. Not great speed though.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-06-2005 at 01:43 AM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I think if we go after D-linemen, I'd rather go after someone with more bulk.
    As long as we don't go DT early, I'd love to see a wide body in the middle of the draft somewhere. How about a guy like Albert Means from Memphis. He's 6'4" about 350 pounds, should be around in the middle rounds. He might be a good 4th round pick-up. He's got a big frame and can keep multiple blockers occupied to make holes for our LBs or stunting DEs.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I'd like to see the Rams look at the following positions with their first 4 picks:

Round 1: LB
    Round 2: RT
    Round 3 (Dolphins pick): CB
    Round 3 (Rams pick): OG

I would consider packaging the Rams first pick and third pick to move up in the fist round to get a top LB.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I'd like to see the Rams look at the following positions with their first 4 picks:

I would consider packaging the Rams first pick and third pick to move up in the fist round to get a top LB.
    Pretty slim pickings at LB this year after Derrick Johnson and he will be gone within the first 5 picks. To get up to the number 5 spot, we would have to give up our whole draft to do it. I think one of Burnett, Crowder, Wallace, or Mitchell will be available in the mid 20's (or hopefully at 32, where I'd rather be picking next April).
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Johnson will be a top 10 pick, for sure. Perhaps not a top 5, depending on whether the teams at the top are looking offense or defense. We'll have to see which Juniors declare before we'll know if there's a LB that could be worth trading up to get.

I also wouldn't be too upset if the Rams traded up to get Antrelle Rolle. While I don't think CB is the Rams' top need, he is going to be a huge playmaker (and is big enough to possibly play FS).

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Well I could be wrong but, Isn't the lack of LB'S the reason the special teams suck so bad? And I remember in recent years when we had alot of LB'S , special teams wasn't an issue! :ramlogo:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam

Using your positions AV, here's what I would like to see happen.

1 - LB - Kevin Burnett - a burner that's fits our defense perfectly
    2 - RT - Jon Dunn - Va Tech RT and he's a big one, 6'7" 340 lbs.
    3 - CB - Bryant McFadden - A very physical Florida St. CB to be just 180 lbs.
    3 - OG - Sam Mayes - Huge OG from Okie St., 6'3" 350 lbs, great run blocker

Using your positions AV, here's what I would like to see happen.

1 - LB - Kevin Burnett - a burner that's fits our defense perfectly
    2 - RT - Jon Dunn - Va Tech RT and he's a big one, 6'7" 340 lbs.
    3 - CB - Bryant McFadden - A very physical Florida St. CB to be just 180 lbs.
    3 - OG - Sam Mayes - Huge OG from Okie St., 6'3" 350 lbs, great run blocker
    Looks good to me!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast